New HA's =)

DJYumene

Reaction score
Today I had my appointment with a new audiologist. Had a hearing test (Don't remember the ranges, but my left ear has gone down; right is dead).

What I like the most; no run around with my insurance like last time. They took it no problem and told me that it was approved. I like union insurance now, lol (I still have to pay some, but they are paying a big chunk) :dance:

I go back in Monday because he had to call into the companies and didn't want me waiting a long time. -shrug- (Old ones are pretty much dead now; they are over 10yrs old and I had tried to get them repaired a few times) :hmm:

Do you get excited when you get new HA's? :shock:

How the heck did you get insurance that pays for HAs?!?!?! :shock:

BTW, congrats on the new ones. Which ones did you get?

Yes indeedy, I always get psyched when I get new aids.
Are you gonna look into CI for your "dead" ear?
Also did you get colored aids?

My insurance will pay a certain amount for one aid but I have to go to a place I would prefer not to.

Just curious...why buy a hearing aid for a "dead" ear?

I was wondering that too.

@shygirl1999 - I've had a dead left ear my whole life since I was 3 years old (30 now) and all I hear with a hearing aid is a tactile response (vibrations only - no audio so I get no localization abilities whatsoever). I'm curious as to why your audiologist would recommend a hearing aid for that ear when it delivers no benefit, and likely detracts from the hearing in the hearing ear.

It's a bi-cros system, its transferring sounds from my dead ear to the good.
I had a regular cros system since I was like 14-15yrs old (but my hearing in my left has gone down; so he said he thinks I will benefit from bi-cros).

And I got insurance through the food-workers union; it pays 400 each ear every 3yrs.

Phi4Sius: Yup my dead ear is the same way, I feel the vibrations and that's it. It's been that way since birth. I remember before I got a cros system; they tried to give me a single aid for my right ear and it did nothing but distract me.

cammomile: I don't remember the brand. I like what he told me about it thou. It's good for someone who has one dead ear and has some loss in the other. Transfers sounds from bad ear to good and acts as a HA for the better ear that has loss. I'll post it when I get them or have to go in and see him again; whatever comes first ^_^

pandaundercover: Yea, I really like it (My insurance is paying 800 total XD). I guess I don't see why more insurance companies would help with HA's too, I think they should.

Oh do you like the bicross? I thought they were being replaced by the BAHA system.

deafdyke: I haven't used bicros yet; I'm getting them sometime next month (in April). Right now I have a regular cros that I had since I was like 14-15yrs old; I like it because when I use em I can hear from my bad ear. So I like that part, yes. Now if only they weren't broke XD ..

Baha? oh No; I'm not getting that; I don't want any surgeries =\

Back