New Diet Plan - with Almased

Losing 10 lbs in 14 days (with workout)...not bad...I'll visit GNC store.

I gained 10 lbs from all the weight I have lost. I need to get back on my weight loss program. I can try that

I have heard of this Almased and was curious to know if anyone used it:hmm:
I'm wary of all these "wonderful liquid diets".

I have increase on my health issues medication.I am surprised! I think so fix on issues problem! cause on issues increase worst fatigue or tired! I am figure out issues on weight exercise!

I think it's ok as long as its temporary once you lose some weight a lot then switch to a normal food with low carbo, lots of veggies, lots of fruits and fibers to control the weight if you continue to lose some more weight. Also, adjusting with the habit of eating. then its all good. :)

Frisky - bang on. the problem is that people don't do that after they quit dieting. They go back to their old ways once they've lost the weight or they give up trying to stick to strict dieting.

I eat like a pig. Really. Some of my friends who are struggling with their weight really hate me for it. But they didn't know that I also had a lot of problems ditching the 60+ pounds from both of my pregnancies. And it was only when I stopped dieting and started opting for very high fiber food that suddenly the weight melted off like crazy. I spent my 20s desperately trying to get the weight off and once I started the high fiber way of eating at age 30, I have had no problems since. The more fiber food has, the less calories they contain.

i.e. a slice of whole grain bread has less calories than a slice of white bread. Why? Fiber itself has no calories. None. And also the more fiber food has, the more you feel full longer and the less cravings you get for sugar and the less you would tend to binge after a period of self-deprivation of a strict diet.

I think it's ok as long as its temporary once you lose some weight a lot then switch to a normal food with low carbo, lots of veggies, lots of fruits and fibers to control the weight if you continue to lose some more weight. Also, adjusting with the habit of eating. then its all good. :)

That is good idea sound great! I agree you!

important to control health food reason adjust to health proper!!
:ty: share to open mind!

Frisky - bang on. the problem is that people don't do that after they quit dieting. They go back to their old ways once they've lost the weight or they give up trying to stick to strict dieting.

I eat like a pig. Really. Some of my friends who are struggling with their weight really hate me for it. But they didn't know that I also had a lot of problems ditching the 60+ pounds from both of my pregnancies. And it was only when I stopped dieting and started opting for very high fiber food that suddenly the weight melted off like crazy. I spent my 20s desperately trying to get the weight off and once I started the high fiber way of eating at age 30, I have had no problems since. The more fiber food has, the less calories they contain.

i.e. a slice of whole grain bread has less calories than a slice of white bread. Why? Fiber itself has no calories. None. And also the more fiber food has, the more you feel full longer and the less cravings you get for sugar and the less you would tend to binge after a period of self-deprivation of a strict diet.

Finally an Anti diet way of losing weight!

I applaud you!!

I am VERY anti diet plans (with the possible exception of weight watcher's. It drives me CRAZY to hear people promoting these liquid diets and other things that could be potentially harmful. I think the key to weight loss is the tried and true eating with moderation and getting adequate exercise. The sooner this country returns to a mindset of moderation; the sooner all of us will be.

My main problem is (and this is going to sound strange) that I do not eat enough. I barely eat two meals a day. I'm so busy to take the time to eat a nutritious snack or to have small meals throughout the day...I average 800-900 calories a day. I think my metabolism is starved, thus I do not burn anything...and naturally, fat is stored in my body because of it. Plus I'm on medication that directly links to weight gain...ugh!!! I'm going to give this a shot and see what happens. A friend of mine is doing it, too, so we will be able to support each other through this process.

that is serious I am pretty research infromation I aware, people refused on food because black out food serious risk, I learn it interesting serious!

I am another like you. I eat less than 1000 calories a day and have a hard time with exercise. I have found that if I increase my fruit and vegetables and watch portions on meat and starches, then I will lose weight. Also, I drink 64 ounces of water daily.

I am another like you. I eat less than 1000 calories a day and have a hard time with exercise. I have found that if I increase my fruit and vegetables and watch portions on meat and starches, then I will lose weight. Also, I drink 64 ounces of water daily.

That's a great healthy way to eat. Do enjoy the occasional treat or "not so healthy" meal. I have my day off from eating "clean" every saturday or sunday by having an insanely rich brunch with lots of sweet yummy stuff dripping in maple syrup. My sweet tooth demands it! And it stops me from binge-ing.

If you ever need to quickly get extra calories and don't want to prepare a whole meal, a big scoop of peanut or extra oil in your salad or a handful of nuts is a great way to make sure you're eating enough calories.

That's a great healthy way to eat. Do enjoy the occasional treat or "not so healthy" meal. I have my day off from eating "clean" every saturday or sunday by having an insanely rich brunch with lots of sweet yummy stuff dripping in maple syrup. My sweet tooth demands it! And it stops me from binge-ing.

If you ever need to quickly get extra calories and don't want to prepare a whole meal, a big scoop of peanut or extra oil in your salad or a handful of nuts is a great way to make sure you're eating enough calories.

My big fat and calorie treat is my bowl of oatmeal at breakfast. I have oatmeal 3-4 times a week and it always has raisins, brown sugar and my non-dairy butter, but once a week, we had a big spoonful of peanut butter to it. Having to go dairy free changes a lot and it helps somewhat, but getting to non-dairy equivalents sometimes has more fat, like the Tofutti sour cream and Tofutti cream cheese. I do splurge and pay the price for pizza once in a great while. Big problem is that getting the stuff for dairy free and still having treats is real expensive. I only allow myself to get to So Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream once a month. Luckily I have a great Farmer's Market nearby and 3 more coming, so that I can get lots of fresh fruits and veggies for not much. Yesterday I bought 6 fresh Georgia peaches for $1.39. We are grilling them on Monday and having ice cream with it.

My big fat and calorie treat is my bowl of oatmeal at breakfast. I have oatmeal 3-4 times a week and it always has raisins, brown sugar and my non-dairy butter, but once a week, we had a big spoonful of peanut butter to it. Having to go dairy free changes a lot and it helps somewhat, but getting to non-dairy equivalents sometimes has more fat, like the Tofutti sour cream and Tofutti cream cheese. I do splurge and pay the price for pizza once in a great while. Big problem is that getting the stuff for dairy free and still having treats is real expensive. I only allow myself to get to So Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream once a month. Luckily I have a great Farmer's Market nearby and 3 more coming, so that I can get lots of fresh fruits and veggies for not much. Yesterday I bought 6 fresh Georgia peaches for $1.39. We are grilling them on Monday and having ice cream with it.

contrary to what people think - fat is not bad for you :) Too much of it is. It's really all about calories in the end. So, if you're eating oatmeal instead of Captain Crunch, you've just gotten rid of at least 200 calories from your meal, then if you are opting for a whole wheat sandwich with tomatoes, cheese and lettuce instead of a Sonic burger, you've just saved yourself another 3 or 400 calories and then again, if you opt for grilled meat, baked potato and a nice big salad for supper instead of let's say, macaroni and cheese, you've saved yourself yet again another few hundred calories so at the end of the day, you've reduced almost a thousand calories already - that gives you permission to enjoy that nice big bowl of ice cream for dessert or dribble extra oil on your veggies or whatever. the beauty of eating well is that you get to have your cake and eat it too. yay!

My main problem is (and this is going to sound strange) that I do not eat enough. I barely eat two meals a day. I'm so busy to take the time to eat a nutritious snack or to have small meals throughout the day...I average 800-900 calories a day. I think my metabolism is starved, thus I do not burn anything...and naturally, fat is stored in my body because of it. Plus I'm on medication that directly links to weight gain...ugh!!! I'm going to give this a shot and see what happens. A friend of mine is doing it, too, so we will be able to support each other through this process.

me too, and yes i go on the piss to cleanse my bod, and eat like 6 times a day for like 3 days to top up, then back to 1-2 x a day i know its bad, but you know what? its the food BUDGET thats pissing me off!

Back