New beginnings.

Precarious Picard

Reaction score
Hello each and all, I hope this finds you well.

Today, at the age of 37 I have taken a massive step in swallowing my pride by buying my new hearing aid. Not to go into too much detail but I should have been wearing one from the time I started school. I have spent my life challenging this and getting by on lip reading etc, but today, I've conceded. I've decided to come in from the cold and start my journey as a person with a hearing issue.

Without turning this post into a biography I'll share a little.

I'm in Scotland and have a love for the arts, philosophy, science and nature. I do photography as a hobby and I work at a museum. I'm an aspiring author and hoping to release my debut novel by late summer. Single, no kids, bit of a solitary animal from the day I left school, what a day that was.

Thought I'd join a community of like minded people and take an active interest in life as a person with the challenges of hearing issues.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences.

Hello each and all, I hope this finds you well.

Today, at the age of 37 I have taken a massive step in swallowing my pride by buying my new hearing aid. Not to go into too much detail but I should have been wearing one from the time I started school. I have spent my life challenging this and getting by on lip reading etc, but today, I've conceded. I've decided to come in from the cold and start my journey as a person with a hearing issue.

Without turning this post into a biography I'll share a little.

I'm in Scotland and have a love for the arts, philosophy, science and nature. I do photography as a hobby and I work at a museum. I'm an aspiring author and hoping to release my debut novel by late summer. Single, no kids, bit of a solitary animal from the day I left school, what a day that was.

Thought I'd join a community of like minded people and take an active interest in life as a person with the challenges of hearing issues.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences.
Welcome. i'm new here as well. I'm still looking and reading everyones the posts on this forum.
How are you getting on with your hearing aids ?
Scotland is a wonderful place. We have celebrated my wedding anniversaries most years in different parts of Scotland in the Autumn time. l love Loch Lomond area.
Scotland must be a great place for your photography hobby.
Iv been trying to write a Novel as well..havent got past the first draft yet but this winter l'll give it another go..
Whats's your novel about ? mine is set in the 1960's . Aimed for the young teenage reader's market. iv got several short stories on the go. l should finish them first and send them off to publishers. One of my childrens books that l sent off l had the publisher phone me up, told me he was sorry my work didnt fit his Publishing House but told me to keep writing and sending them off as he thought it was good.
My problem is l have far to many hobbies and not enough energy to do them all :(

Back