New Bank Fees???

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
So I've decided to end a 10 yr business with my bank.... New gov regulation says now banks have to charge a monthly fee for customers unless you have direct deposit with a certain amount a month.... No free checkings??? Nope... goodbye banks, hello credit unions! :wave:

you can just switch to different type of checking account that doesn't require monthly fee

So I've decided to end a 10 yr business with my bank.... New gov regulation says now banks have to charge a monthly fee for customers unless you have direct deposit with a certain amount a month.... No free checkings??? Nope... goodbye banks, hello credit unions! :wave:

Not true. Government said that the bank cannot charge as much for credit/debit card surcharge. They charge stores and etc each time we use our credit/debit cards. Since that charge was lowered by government, they decided to go back to old ways which is charging monthly fees.

They are just being same old greedy banks and not want to lose profit so they are looking elsewhere for it. Plain and simple.

Not true. Government said that the bank cannot charge as much for credit/debit card surcharge. They charge stores and etc each time we use our credit/debit cards. Since that charge was lowered by government, they decided to go back to old ways which is charging monthly fees.

They are just being same old greedy banks and not want to lose profit so they are looking elsewhere for it. Plain and simple.

That makes sense, it was just something I was told.

Still think Credit Union would be better lol

I bank with NavyFederal.

I have grandfathered " Free Checking" know as Essential Checking Account from Wachovia Bank by Wells Fargo,

if you enroll Wachovia Bank available until convert to Wells Fargo & Company

if you enroll Wells Fargo it called "Value Checking" if you have direct deposit, you have no minimum monthly fee, if you don't have direct deposit, if you have average balance $1,500 or more you will be waived monthly fee. if you don't have average balance of $1500 and you will be charge 5.00 monthly fees. but if you want Wells Fargo online bill pay if you have minimum balance of 5,000 a month you will be waived monthly fee and you don't have minimum balance of $5000 a month and you will be charge 6.95 per month and you make payment 25 times at no charge and 26 or up payment a month you will be charge 40 cents each payment

see Wachovia www.wachovia.com or see Wells Fargo www.wellsfargo.com

I remember when banks gave you a gift for opening account with them! My mom got a whole set of bowls in different colors! You got a one bowl at a time.
I now see the same set of bowls for sale in fleas markets!! I wish I had that set of bowls! Now the banks can't steal your money fast enough!

it just irritates me that free checking is no longer be available in most big banks unless you can shell an arm and a leg per month in your account or you have direct deposit.

Yeah that does suck. I'm with a credit union as well. No charges at all except for ATM fees that aren't under that bank.

I can't get into a credit union till I get a stupid fraud issue that happened with my account back in 06. I Can't BELIEVE the bank is wanting me to reopen the claim and do it all over again. I hope the person who forged my signature on a check gets what they deserve. Karma....

Yeah that does suck. I'm with a credit union as well. No charges at all except for ATM fees that aren't under that bank.

if you use credit union account, if you have complimentary other credit union's or other bank's atm with CU24, CO-OP, Allpoint Network or Money Pass or Publix Supermarket Presto!* logo in your back of card (Publix Presto! ATM locations in AL, FL, GA, SC, TN) or credit union or bank's surcharge free network members company name's logo in back of your debit card.

do not use PLUS, STAR, NYCE, other surcharged atm machine network.

some credit union can do refund other atm surcharge limited or unlimited.

if you go to the store they provide cash back you purchase somethings and meet to a cashier to check out and swipe the POS (Point of Sale) terminal, enter PIN and Do you want cash back Yes or NO and you press YES, you can desired amount of you need cash back and automatically deduct from you checking account.
you can save your money in your credit union :)

*Presto! ATM owned by Publix Employees Federal Credit Union
http://www.publix.com/presto/

if you use credit union account, if you have complimentary other credit union's or other bank's atm with CU24, CO-OP, Allpoint Network or Money Pass or Publix Supermarket Presto!* logo in your back of card (Publix Presto! ATM locations in AL, FL, GA, SC, TN) or credit union or bank's surcharge free network members company name's logo in back of your debit card.

do not use PLUS, STAR, NYCE, other surcharged atm machine network.

some credit union can do refund other atm surcharge limited or unlimited.

if you go to the store they provide cash back you purchase somethings and meet to a cashier to check out and swipe the POS (Point of Sale) terminal, enter PIN and Do you want cash back Yes or NO and you press YES, you can desired amount of you need cash back and automatically deduct from you checking account.
you can save your money in your credit union :)

*Presto! ATM owned by Publix Employees Federal Credit Union
Publix Presto!

I know which ATMs that don't charge fees. It's a credit union that only available in Iowa and the headquarters is right here in this city. It used to be John Deere Employees Credit Union and was renamed to Veridian Credit Union in 2003.

Bank of America stated 25 dollars or above in checking account. Saving account must have 300 or above.

Back