new audie

cdmeggers

Reaction score
Finally! I got to see the new audie at the office yesterday (former one is out of office to help a relative.. grr I've been trying to switch audies but the assistant kept insisting I didn't need to switch!). Anyway, after seeing her yesterday I was very happy with the appointment. got an earmold impression of the left ear (so I can wear hearing aid in that ear again, just to keep it stimulated until I can actually get the CI for that ear).

Discussed new hearing aids for me. She said Oticon are good, but Phonak had the better power aids, which I agreed with her on. Got to talking of the Naidas and such, and she's ordering the IX UP for me, a red one. She also tried to make adjustments to my Supero just to see if that would help me out for the next 3 weeks, but she doesn't have the right cord/cable in her office to hook it up to the computer. Oh well, I'll get by as it is. But yeah, definitely much happier with her so far.

Her husband wears hearing aids (I believe she said it was the Naidas he used). I get the feeling I'll have better luck with her adjusting the Naida, she seemed more knowledgeable about the compression and stuff like that. So hopefully the Naida trial this time will be a lot more smoother. I see her again in 3 weeks (she's even more busy now since she's taking on former audie's clients while he's out, and she's out of town for a short while too). I can't wait until Aug. 24 (I'm pretty sure that's when the next appointment is haha).

Back