new AIM chatroom

xOmGthaGIRL11x

Reaction score
Hello all deafies..
there is a chatroom I thought to spread for AIM users that likes to use aim chatroom and there is a new room some of us users set for named "deaftalk" it probably will help reduce from deaf and deafchat problems.. please feel free to go and check us out.
the chatroom = DeafTalk (on aim)

HI! AMBER! Lol, Do you know who I am?

xOmGthaGIRL11x said:
Hello all deafies..
there is a chatroom I thought to spread for AIM users that likes to use aim chatroom and there is a new room some of us users set for named "deaftalk" it probably will help reduce from deaf and deafchat problems.. please feel free to go and check us out.
huh? how?? pls explain me and tell me how i get in there??? THANKS!

TweetyBird - It is very easy to do...

If you don't have yourself added on your AIM buddylist, do so...

Right-click on your screen name on buddylist or click on the "People" tool and click on "Send Chat Invitation" you should see the chat box with your screen name and in the chat room box, delete whatever it is and type deaftalk and you will be in that room. :)

Brian said:
TweetyBird - It is very easy to do...

If you don't have yourself added on your AIM buddylist, do so...

Right-click on your screen name on buddylist or click on the "People" tool and click on "Send Chat Invitation" you should see the chat box with your screen name and in the chat room box, delete whatever it is and type deaftalk and you will be in that room. :)
ahh i got it now.. thanks for explain clear.. ;)

Bad idea..

To have an AIM chatroom is a BAD idea. We tried having one set up before on AIM and IRC. Both failed miserably because some certain users like to be immature and harrass others intentionally.. So, it's a bad idea.

Deaf258 said:
To have an AIM chatroom is a BAD idea. We tried having one set up before on AIM and IRC. Both failed miserably because some certain users like to be immature and harrass others intentionally.. So, it's a bad idea.
:werd: It's hard to set up a chat room for the public. I'm not crazy for chat rooms because I'm more of a person who likes to fiddle around with the computer while waiting for my friends to reply to me and I reply to them. In chat rooms, everyone's constantly talking so if I look away for 10 seconds... I'm already behind by over 15 different messages. Sometimes, people forget that when they say something... they're talking to everyone else. "Hey, how are you doing?" "Fine." "Good." "Bored." "Nice." "Good." "Good." Oh wait, was that question actually meant for me or what? I guess I'll never find out. :(

AmazingChrist said:
well i'm willin' to set up a IRC Server if ya'll like? It'll probably take sometime.

No. Most of us on AllDeaf got badly burned by someone setting up an IRC chatroom last year or two. I am telling you, it is a BAD idea.

:werd: i agree Deaf258 and Vampy

besides i dont think its worth it this time around anyway :nono:

Ohh really? that's interesting well i'm talking about setting up an IRC Server so you guys can set up a chatroom there, which i know how to set an Server up. How did it got burned? IRC should have Kicks, bans, and /ignore methods to handle trouble-making situations. I have been a IRC user for a long time but I havent used it for several weeks but i know what to do. Plus, when i am adminstrating a IRC Server, when those trouble makers surfaced, i could ban them from the server. They'll never get on the server. :)

AmazingChrist said:
Ohh really? that's interesting well i'm talking about setting up an IRC Server so you guys can set up a chatroom there, which i know how to set an Server up. How did it got burned? IRC should have Kicks, bans, and /ignore methods to handle trouble-making situations. I have been a IRC user for a long time but I havent used it for several weeks but i know what to do. Plus, when i am adminstrating a IRC Server, when those trouble makers surfaced, i could ban them from the server. They'll never get on the server. :)

i still do not think it should be running -- we had tried that i think 2 maybe 3 times (Vampy im sure can answer this more accurately) and all those times it just ended up being a war zone -- its not worth it period IMHO

a war zone? Too many people kicking other people out and banning them? Well this IRC will have rules, if they dont comply, then they'll be banned from the server.

AmazingChrist said:

Hello?!?! I said no and I am sure other mods will say the same. How we got burned.. The person who set up the last IRC chatroom was the person who administrated the kicks, bans and ignores. Not only that, this person also logged all the conversations, belittled other AD members and posted the logged conversations on another Deaf forum. So, no. It's a bad idea. Respect that, please.

AmazingChrist said:
a war zone? Too many people kicking other people out and banning them? Well this IRC will have rules, if they dont comply, then they'll be banned from the server.

Respect us and stop pushing.

AmazingChrist said:

it doesnt matter -- its NOT worth it period

Fly Free said:
:werd: i agree Deaf258 and Vampy

besides i dont think its worth it this time around anyway :nono:

I also want to chime in as one who is "chat room shy". I totally agree with Vampy about getting lost in the flow of conversation in chat rooms. I also think chatrooms, in general, attract really stupid and immature people. I also like the "one on one" aspect of IMs. That's where I like to do most of my chatting.

The chat room isvery bad idea, imho.

This is a much easier version of a chat room, IMO...people talking, exchanging ideas and occasional insults. (LOL, ya gotta be here long enough to know what I mean, Ryan!)

Anyway - I don't think it's a good idea to have any sort of chat room here. It's good that we have the options to email or PM or IM other members if they are interested in corresponding outside of the boards. IMO, that's enough.

xOmGthaGIRL11x said:
Hello all deafies..
are you the owner of DeafChat room?

Back