New Age movement

Awauphi

Reaction score
I was reading that and it said we are in New Age now? i was like huh? I didn't understand and looked it up and read it. I was like huh interesting but I know I dont believe in horscopes as they are hogwash. etc. thought it is interesting... so what you think?

New Age
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term New Age (sometimes called the New Age Movement), refers to both a decentralized social phenomenon and a western socio-religious movement which developed in the 1970-80s. It combines aspects of spirituality, esotericism, complementary and alternative medicine, and includes religious practices from many sources across the world, as well as environmentalism. It is characterized by an eclectic and individual approach to spirituality, and a general rejection of dogma. Other terms used to describe the movement include Self-spirituality, New spirituality, and Mind-body-spirit.[1][2]

The movement began in the mid 20th century and peaked around the 1980s. The name itself refers to the coming astrological Age of Aquarius. Beliefs in New Age ideas are found among diverse individuals, including some who graft additional beliefs onto a traditional religious affiliation. Some individuals who hold any of its beliefs may not identify with the term "New Age", and that term may be applied as a label by outsiders to anyone they consider inclined towards its world view.[citation needed] The New Age movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions from both East and West, many of which have been melded with ideas from modern science, particularly psychology and ecology. New Age ideas could be described as drawing inspiration from all the major world religions with particularly strong influences from the religions of Spiritualism, Buddhism, Hermeticism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Sufism, Daoism and Neopaganism, Wicca, and practices like naturalism, ancient animism, deism, monism, Eastern classical pantheism, paganism, shamanism, mayanism, ceremonial magic and New Thought.[citation needed]

Various New Age religions and philosophies span a continuum from monotheism through classical pantheism, also including naturalistic pantheism or panentheism.[citation needed]

The New Age movement has led to wide-ranging literature on the subject, and an active subeconomy with products such as new age books, music known as new age music, crafts—most visible in speciality shops and New Age fairs and festivals, and services in alternative medicine.[3][4][5][6]

Are you in New Age movement or not?

Liza thanks for the link..

But one thing I dont get it.. why is 9/11 part of the New Age? I dont understand? It is a terrorist attack? I dont get this. Hmm..

Help me to understand this?

Liza thanks for the link..

But one thing I dont get it.. why is 9/11 part of the New Age? I dont understand? It is a terrorist attack? I dont get this. Hmm..

Help me to understand this?
I do not believe 9/11 is part of new age movemnet especially if they are come from terriosts with different belief. They are killers.

It is more alike we are trying to change the world by reduce ozone, invent new kind of foods, find a way to transport differently alike less depend on oils, etc.. and most improtant improve quality of life around the world but not to destroy and kill

I do not believe 9/11 is part of new age movemnet especially if they are come from terriosts with different belief. They are killers.

It is more alike we are trying to change the world by reduce ozone, invent new kind of foods, find a way to transport differently alike less depend on oils, etc.. and most improtant improve quality of life around the world but not to destroy and kill

I agree with you on that. I read that it said most people who are in new age usually eat organic foods. I thought that was interesting.

I do believe in angels and i know they do bring messages like for example in my dreams that I had experienced several times.

Like my cousin was killed in a freak accident. on the day of her funeral i kept asking why did u have to go? I kept thinking did she suffer the pains or what? I was thinking the unthinkable things.

That night she came to me in my dreams and came to me beautiful and warm. All white with halo around her. she told me she didnt suffer any pains. She said it was instant. She said she had to go because it was her time. I told her but why. She said dont worry. We will see each other one day, ok. She told me to tell her momma and daddy (my aunt and uncle) that she is ok and is happy up in heaven.. not in any pains which i did relay the message to. she said she have to go.. we hugged and i started to cry more.. she said always remember I love you... in ASL - _\m/ she turned around and floated away... i woke up with tears falling down from my eyes... i smiled and went back to sleep happily knowing she is ok.. I still miss her. :(

i also do believe in nde as It did happened to me before.. astronomy which is my favorite.. i loe to look at sky and see their beautiful colors.. but didnt know its part of new age. I thought its been around for centuries? oh well..

I agree with you on that. I read that it said most people who are in new age usually eat organic foods. I thought that was interesting.

I do believe in angels and i know they do bring messages like for example in my dreams that I had experienced several times.

Like my cousin was killed in a freak accident. on the day of her funeral i kept asking why did u have to go? I kept thinking did she suffer the pains or what? I was thinking the unthinkable things.

That night she came to me in my dreams and came to me beautiful and warm. All white with halo around her. she told me she didnt suffer any pains. She said it was instant. She said she had to go because it was her time. I told her but why. She said dont worry. We will see each other one day, ok. She told me to tell her momma and daddy (my aunt and uncle) that she is ok and is happy up in heaven.. not in any pains which i did relay the message to. she said she have to go.. we hugged and i started to cry more.. she said always remember I love you... in ASL - _\m/ she turned around and floated away... i woke up with tears falling down from my eyes... i smiled and went back to sleep happily knowing she is ok.. I still miss her. :(

i also do believe in nde as It did happened to me before.. astronomy which is my favorite.. i loe to look at sky and see their beautiful colors.. but didnt know its part of new age. I thought its been around for centuries? oh well..

You and I are in similar.;) I do believe in angels and many messages come to us in different way. It was beautiful for what your cousin did to come you thru dream, wow what a powerful message and beautiful. so sad she died young. (((((husg))))) but she is still alive not here but on other side.

I do believe in nde too, I do know it happened to me when I had spinal menigitis. I had a life review when I had awaken 10 years ago thru kundalini energy. I never heard of kundlaini till someone told me it was kundlaini energy. I saw myself at the beach with all other little children, playing sand which it was my favorite place to be. Then I saw myself laying on the bed alikeness (could not tell what it was) I saw Jesus Christ standing by me and other man with white long dress (white hair and beard). Then saw golden light swirl around me then into my lifeless body. Then drop me back to earth. Saw small blue round planet till it gets bigger then finally I saw buidling which it was hospital then I went into my diseased body. I did not remember it till 10 years ago. It changed my life forever and the way of my belief and thinking.

You and I are in similar.;) I do believe in angels and many messages come to us in different way. It was beautiful for what your cousin did to come you thru dream, wow what a powerful message and beautiful. so sad she died young. (((((husg))))) but she is still alive not here but on other side.

I do believe in nde too, I do know it happened to me when I had spinal menigitis. I had a life review when I had awaken 10 years ago thru kundalini energy. I never heard of kundlaini till someone told me it was kundlaini energy. I saw myself at the beach with all other little children, playing sand which it was my favorite place to be. Then I saw myself laying on the bed alikeness (could not tell what it was) I saw Jesus Christ standing by me and other man with white long dress (white hair and beard). Then saw golden light swirl around me then into my lifeless body. Then drop me back to earth. Saw small blue round planet till it gets bigger then finally I saw buidling which it was hospital then I went into my diseased body. I did not remember it till 10 years ago. It changed my life forever and the way of my belief and thinking.

in my nde.. that was in 1997... I was riding with my date and he was driving too fast around the curve and ending up hitting the tree. I screamed and was knocked out. I think i died.. cuz when i awake.. it was all black.. and i floated out of my body and went upward..

i looked down and saw the truck by the tree all smashed. i was like huh wow.. so went up and up toward the light.. like tunnel of light that you hear on tv or elsewhere.

i saw my twin sons right there.. they came to me huggging me.. mommma mommma over and over.. i was like my babies.. i could feel their warm and brightness of their souls. it was so beautiful to see them. They then said they *creator?* said it is not your time to come. You need to go back.

I was like oh ok. I was like ohh but i want to stay with you both. I missed you both so much. They said they know that but they are always around me. I was like ok good. I hugged them again and kissed them.

i went back down into the darkness and back into my body.. I woke up .. it was 40 minutes later.. i guess i was dead for that long? i dont know.. but i remmy i was in pains and crying.. horrible headaches and my legs stuck under the dashboard. I had trouble getting out of there. Eventually i got out.. and went to the hospital for check up..

Ever that night.. my life had changed so much... I am more down to earth and simple .. not care for fancy things.. weird??

my twin sons have come to me in dreams many times.. they missed me and wanted to hug me.. once i thought of something so i went out and bought wind chime and installed at their grave. That night they came to me in my dream and said momma we love the music. Thank you!!! Ever since i havent heard of them crying again. So i know they are happy.

i have another dream experience.. I didnt know what to make out of it...maybe you can??

I dream i was in a room.. like at the store or mall.. something.. i saw myself at the big mirror .. looking at my body and my clothes.. i was like ok.. then all of a sudden.. devil was laughing at me.. i said NO.. i dont wanna go with you..he growled at me.. and I growled back at him and said I am not scared of you. I told him I love God and He is better than you. I prayed to God and ask him to protect me and guide me out of devil's wrath. while praying.. something came out of mirror tried to pull me into the mirror.. i got in.. my head was in there.. all blackness. i fought with all fo my strengths.. i pulled back into the reality.. but it kept pulling me back in.. then 4th times.. i got sucked in to the black room and fell down on the floor.. i looked back at the mirror i saw white round thing. i went to the mirror and banged on the mirror trying to get someone to hear me.. but no one hear me??

then all of a sudden i was brought to the crowd with many people around.. i see people wear simple and dirty rags .. poor .. dirty not like they had baths in age? the closer i went to and see what is going on.. i saw people were stoning a guy .. i said stop it.. dont do it.. why yall do that? that is so WRONG..

then all of a sudden they tried to stone me too?? i was like no no no ... then i saw myself carrying a big iron or something.. i was tired with weakness, dirty.. blood all over my head and face.. walking on a lonely road.. looking back to people.. they said get out.. go away.. do not come back??? i walked and crying... people laughed and said bad things.. i was like saying to myself.. dont look back.. go forward.. i walked and walked.. then i woke up...

my mom said i must have been in Jesus Christ's footprints and go thru what he had experienced?? What you think?

Guess what ? I've seen many candles, soaps, incense sticks/cones, books and many more are showing their New Age now. They are selling stuff at the stores like this because, we are in New Age. Unbelievable... I know. *chuckles*

By the way, I don't believe in New Age myself. :)

candles we used them for thousand years. its part of history. we didnt have electricity back then.. i admit i was surprised that candles are part of it? I was like hmm. so i dunno..

i do use candles to make my place smell great. thats all. :)

New Age is a marketing ploy.

if specialty stores can manage to get a bunch of morons to pay outlandish prices for witchcraft books, incense and made-in-China crystals for their magical healing properties or whatever, then good for them.

New Age is a marketing ploy.

if specialty stores can manage to get a bunch of morons to pay outlandish prices for witchcraft books, incense and made-in-China crystals for their magical healing properties or whatever, then good for them.

YES. *nodding in agreement* You hit the nail on that one.

thats wierd.. i dont buy those stuffs like incense. i cant use it as i am allergic to smoke just like my son is too. so i cant.. witchcrafts? isnt that full of craps? who would believe in those things?

but soaps? i didnt think it is part of new age? i thought its been around for centuries?

i dont get this all of this. seriously... i guess i am :doh: LOL.. heh :P

maybe we should team up and open up a New Age shop.

what shall we call it?

I'm game for it! Then we can officially become the first deaf billionaries that they were talking about in another posting ;). The title doesn't matter - as long as we make sure we slap the "New Age" words on it - it'll be a hit. :D

It's just an advertising gimmick... another soon-to-be-old fad. :roll:

I guess people look at it different than I look at it. I refuse to be part of Old age movement which I have seen enough around world. I like to think of new age as part of movement among us to try to change and fix the problems what we are facing today alike oil crisis and for so long people refuse to give up depend on oil to go other way maybe create a new transport alike solar powered car. This is kind stuff new age thinkers are thinking this way opposite to old age thinkers who refuse to give up old life. IMHO.

I do not go in New age stores alike u guys say here. I like go out into nature and collect nature stuffs alike rocks, woods, seeds, water and goes on. That is who I am being a naturalist. I hate wars, I hate poverty, I hate hungry, I hate money. Those are part of old age movement. It is all about what we are believe in. New Age movement began since 1960's when those young generation were rebelled against our government against Vietnam war.

Back