New Age movement

I was reading that and it said we are in New Age now? i was like huh? I didn't understand and looked it up and read it. I was like huh interesting but I know I dont believe in horscopes as they are hogwash. etc. thought it is interesting... so what you think?

New Age
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term New Age (sometimes called the New Age Movement), refers to both a decentralized social phenomenon and a western socio-religious movement which developed in the 1970-80s. It combines aspects of spirituality, esotericism, complementary and alternative medicine, and includes religious practices from many sources across the world, as well as environmentalism. It is characterized by an eclectic and individual approach to spirituality, and a general rejection of dogma. Other terms used to describe the movement include Self-spirituality, New spirituality, and Mind-body-spirit.[1][2]

The movement began in the mid 20th century and peaked around the 1980s. The name itself refers to the coming astrological Age of Aquarius. Beliefs in New Age ideas are found among diverse individuals, including some who graft additional beliefs onto a traditional religious affiliation. Some individuals who hold any of its beliefs may not identify with the term "New Age", and that term may be applied as a label by outsiders to anyone they consider inclined towards its world view.[citation needed] The New Age movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions from both East and West, many of which have been melded with ideas from modern science, particularly psychology and ecology. New Age ideas could be described as drawing inspiration from all the major world religions with particularly strong influences from the religions of Spiritualism, Buddhism, Hermeticism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Sufism, Daoism and Neopaganism, Wicca, and practices like naturalism, ancient animism, deism, monism, Eastern classical pantheism, paganism, shamanism, mayanism, ceremonial magic and New Thought.[citation needed]

Various New Age religions and philosophies span a continuum from monotheism through classical pantheism, also including naturalistic pantheism or panentheism.[citation needed]

The New Age movement has led to wide-ranging literature on the subject, and an active subeconomy with products such as new age books, music known as new age music, crafts—most visible in speciality shops and New Age fairs and festivals, and services in alternative medicine.[3][4][5][6]

Are you in New Age movement or not?

Yes, we are in processing to Age of Aquarius.... from age of Pisces(old religious). That is video for easy to understand... here you go..

Enjoy to watch 5 minute for each video.

YouTube - R E L I G I O N S are A S T R O L O G Y part 1

YouTube - R E L I G I O N S are A S T R O L O G Y - part 2- part 2

YouTube - R E L I G I O N S are A S T R O L O G Y - part 3- part 3

YouTube - R E L I G I O N S are A S T R O L O G Y - part 4- part 4

after you done watch this then read this website...

Astrological age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, you can applied to "New Age" is currently processing to Age of Aquarius(future/technology/internet) from "Old Age is Age of Pisces(church/religious)

Back