New AB Electrode is APPROVED!!

HOH-ME

Reaction score
Just got an email from my AUDI that the mid scala electrode implant from AB was just FDA approved. The new processor is not yet but that is coming!!!! SOOOO excited!!!!

omg, U seriously should go get that!!

That's the plan. The audi said that it will be July or so before they are ready to implant. The new processor isn't approved yet but that's coming. I'm assuming they will do like other companies and give you the new one when it comes out.

I have an appointment with the audi and surgeon on June 26th so that should work well. They will get going on the insurance side then and as soon as we can I will have a new ear. Probably implant bilaterally but in separate surgeries.

AB is already giving vouchers to those who are now getting implanted for the new Naida processor.

Very interesting....I wonder if the power draw is higher since the electrodes are not in direct contact with the cochlea surface....

Cochlear tried this with their "softer tip", which is what I have on my left side. There is some residual hearing left in there, as I found out the hard way while doing some concrete & steel demolition.....man, that was painful....nothing on the right side though.

AB has a new processing strategy called Optima coming out as well, which greatly improves battery life but still getting the same powerful performance with the processors.

We've got vouchers for the new processor, our daughter was implanted late Feb. I'm very jealous that you're getting their new implant, that's awesome!

Back