Netflix has announced the steaming video with update on the subtitles.

FutureGame2100

Reaction score
Please follow the below link and it has a lot of titles with subtitles via the steaming video for Wii, PS3, PC, and MAC.

ncmacasl

You are more welcome to watch it. I hope you enjoy watching it with subtitles.

Thanks, I wish their search engine is better, but then again, they are probably trying to get every movies subtitled.

List of subtitled Netflix Movies and Shows

As mentioned in other discussions. Netflix now has subtitles for some of their streaming shows and movies. But so far there's no way to search for them on their site. So below is the best list I've found so far. The list is user submitted and it's been continuously growing over the past couple of weeks (210 titles currently). They ask that if anyone finds one that isn't on their list to submit them by adding a comment.

Here's the list:
ncmacasl

Just thought I'd share the find.

Ron Jaxon

Last edited:
Awesome! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. Thanks!

Mod note:

Two threads has been merged.

Good! but New release movies not yet are captioning. I have other online with subtitles.

Nice...thanks I guess I can re-active my netflix account lol

Mod: Should we move this thread to the Captioning & Sign Language Interpreter forum section??

Thanks for linking to my site. If anyone knows of titles I have missed, add a comment to the bottom of my Blog page and I will add it. They are getting harder to find.

ncmacasl

(now over 230 titles!!)

Nice work, ncmacasl. Do you know of a way to do a direct search of Netflix's streaming database to see which ones are subtitled?

Also, don't forget this site: Netflix Subtitles which has a list of DFXP subtitle files, which you load into the netflix streaming viewer by pressing cntr+shf+alt+m once the movie starts.

Sadly, no. They have not made the InstantWatch Subtitle field searchable nor available on the Netflix API (for apps).

It would be so easy for nteflix to create a category of subtitled shows and videos. Just like they have a category for comedies, drama, instant Queue, etc... All they have to do is add them to that "list" as they are added.

Another option would be to put an image in the description of the video that means it's subtitled. Then a search in the site for that image would bring up all the pages that contain that images. Tada, a subtitle search is born for them.

They're just lazy. In fact I'm canceling my subscription until they get this fixed, more videos with subtitles and the ability to watch them with subs on mobile devices. All they need to do this is available and very easy. They just have to get off their butts and do it.

Ron Jaxon

It would be so easy for nteflix to create a category of subtitled shows and videos. Just like they have a category for comedies, drama, instant Queue, etc... All they have to do is add them to that "list" as they are added.

Another option would be to put an image in the description of the video that means it's subtitled. Then a search in the site for that image would bring up all the pages that contain that images. Tada, a subtitle search is born for them.

They're just lazy. In fact I'm canceling my subscription until they get this fixed, more videos with subtitles and the ability to watch them with subs on mobile devices. All they need to do this is available and very easy. They just have to get off their butts and do it.

Ron Jaxon

Same here. I did not renew my subscription this month. It was a blamed hassle finding captioned/subtitled movies and I won't go back until they fix this problem. Like Ron says, it is easy to do, not rocket science.

Same as RonJaxon. I never join up new subscription for online streaming. Newer release movies don't have subtitle. I have other online with subtitles

InstantWatch has only 295 titles so far? Guess they must be really old movies....

I'm probably going to cancel my account out of protest soon (but first I want to finish watching the 3rd season of Californication. Hehehe)

Please people, make sure you let Netflix know the reasons for why you are canceling. They are only going to do something if they see that it is financially feasible for them. Clearly they don't give a shit about d/hoh people on a moral level, so if we want to have better service, we need to make them care about us on a financial level. Cancel your subscription and make sure you tell them why you're doing it!

There is any subtitles on House m.d. episodes? Im a big fan of House :D
Im willing to buy Netflix subscription if they have it!

Back