Netbook/Mini Laptop?

Deafbear

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for buy the small laptop (you called "netbook") for travel/vacation in the future. Do you have any idea which one is better ....for the small laptop?

Thank you,

Deafbear

get iPod Touch. It's tiny you ever carry it. It's like computer because it can open pretty much in quick loading. Browser in full version with higher ACIDE3 score which is best as it can. And you would know about wi-fi access well.

Hello,

I am looking for buy the small laptop (you called "netbook") for travel/vacation in the future. Do you have any idea which one is better ....for the small laptop?

Thank you,

Deafbear
DB, Just ignore Post #3 thats not what you looking for. You looking for netbook, thats supercool! what size of screen you looking for? As far I know best lists of four Netbooks: ASUS EEE PC 1000 series, Lenovo Ideapad s10, HP Mini 1000, MSI Wind, Dell 12in, they are best screen size (10+in) andd even bigger keyboard much better than smaller keyboard as such 8.9in netbook- acer apsire one, dell mini 9, and some asus 700 series.

I highly recommending you get netbooks with Intel Atom processor & harddrive (upgradable if necessary), Not SSD. ;)

Anyway see Brian's post he provided link there you go!

You probably want to read in this thread for further info. :)
Brian, Many thanks..

i saw mini laptop at office depot but i wanted one somedays

I have an asus eee pc. At 300$, they're cheap as dirt, but not bad as dirt! Linux or windows based, speed for browsing is not a problem, and while the ssd isn't large enough for, say, downloading all 9 seasons of CSI in HD, it is enough to save hundreds of thousands of pages of text, thousands of songs, some TV shows, ect. I can't complain. Be sure to get the newer ones. The older series last maybe 2 hours- the new ones claim seven hours but really get around 4-5, which is still very good.

World's best laptop:

PortablePC.jpg

You can look at MacBook and MacBook Air, they aren't too big or small but they are cost more than PC netbook since they got better and faster CPU, Core 2 Duo owns Atom so far and Atom is low wattage version of latest Pentium 3 and earlier Pentium 4 (according on benchmark), I don't know when dual-core Atom will release to PC market, also Mac is capable to run Windows so legally via bootcamp.

If you prefer PC then I would recommended Dell mini, if you performs more multi-task then get regular Dell laptop.

Honestly, there is too many netbooks to decide on, the best thing to do is to go to any place with live demo (Like the best buy have the 1000H and 900A for peoples to check out) and see if you personally like it better. just make sure that you can type good on the keyboard since it seems to be the biggest issue with most netbook.

I've decided to get the 900A myself someday cause I can just nLite install my winXP on it and tweak it to go really fast and good. I liked the size myself but most peoples would probably prefer to get the 1000H instead. If you want to look at more info about the eeePC series, then I would recommend that you check out this site,
EeeUser.com » ASUS Eee PC 701, 900, 901, 1000 Blog Forum Wiki Community
EeeUser ASUS Eee PC Forum

P.S. I just like the eeePC better cause I couldn't find any working model to check out of the other CO's netbook. the 700 2G, 900A, and 1000H was the only one I could find that was actually working lol.

I read some posts about macbook or ipod. these couldn't really compare apple to orange. They're in different catergories and I would say the itouch wasn't designed for netbook just like I would say the Macbook wasn't designed for the low price netbook. [Mod's Edit - Unnecessary comment removed thus provoking.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I read some posts about macbook or ipod. these couldn't really compare apple to orange. They're in different catergories and I would say the itouch wasn't designed for netbook just like I would say the Macbook wasn't designed for the low price netbook. [Mod's Edit - Unnecessary Comment removed thus provoking.]

That's our suggestion, everyone is entitle to have different suggustion, it could or couldn't compare with netbook, who cares about apple and orange.

[Mod's Edit - Retailing; comment removed]

That's our suggestion, everyone is entitle to have different suggustion, it could or couldn't compare with netbook, who cares about apple and orange.

[Mod's Edit - Retailing; comment removed]

yes you have suggestions for itouch and macbook and other peoples have other suggestions but this site is a DISCUSSION forum. I agree with what XBGMR says about the macbook and iTouch simply because deafbear didn't say what it is for, a basic netbook like the MSI Wind or eeePC would be better. XBGMR really was right that macbook and iTouch is in another category. iTouch is more of a multimedia device that is not all that good for everyday stuffs beside the multimedia stuffs simply because it have no physical keyboard. Macbook is good itself but it is not a netbook at all. It is just a regular laptop that is overpriced for basic everyday computer stuffs. (I like apple myself but I believe that it is better for specialized works and stuffs like photoshop but NOT everyday computer use because of the price).

Again, my suggestion for Deafbear is to go out to stores and look at these netbook in person so Deafbear can see if these netbook is too small to type on or to read on the screen.

Just remember, all forum are there for DISCUSSION. so PLEASE don't get upset if somebody gonna go and say that your suggestions are wrong. it is just not worth it to get upset over stuffs on the internet.

well you can use either iTouch or netbook. They can do the job nearly same but has different advantage/disadvantage. For ie - both iPhone and netbook can surf the net, chat with people, and emails but iPhone's disadvantage is the lack of keyboard while netbook does and the disadvantage of netbook is lack of wireless connection (except wifi) and the size when iPhone can fit into your pocket.

Deafbear is being vague about his needs.
What is his specific requirement?
What is his MUST-HAVE needs?
What does he want to do with a laptop on vacation/travel?

Please take a chill pill, XBGamer. You're making recommendation based on YOUR needs. Again - iPhone and those "netbooks" can do the jobs nearly same thing and it largely depends on buyer's needs & specification.

Just to show example of how theres different wants, expectations and what is important to one person is entirely different to another.

I, myself am a student at university so I am seriously considering to buy an Eee lappy because of great convenience in their size and portability. I dont mind using the library's PC (they have plenty there and theu have good speed due to their recent upgrades to the great core2duos and highspeed connections) but the problem of going there and to type in what's in my head on the point kinds of put me off. I'd like that tiny lappy to carry in bag and just whip it out boot up quick (linux or XP if it has improved) jump in the current essay and type whatever, where and when ever. This would be vey advantageous for me. High tech, feature bundled cell phones dont impress me. Cell phone is just a phone,I dislike carrying it around with me. Yes im old fashioned and im not a businessman where immediate contact for contract is my vital life-line. So flash mobiles is not really for me, also I have gone way past the point of needing to brag. I basically am not impressed with technology and I dont give a shit. So, my needs are very handly little lappy, good viewing angles can be enjoyed regardless where I am sitting (recall Catty's post about being on the plane... is an xample of this) and as long as I can upload from Eee to the main PC also as long as i can use the wireless...then Id be shopping for the Eee in Febuary 2009, just before Uni starts again.
Another thing, I do know Asus makes good solid laptop products with high levels of reliabity, Apples is overpriced maybe good for business if images is everything to them, Samsung I dunno but i do know they makes flashdrives... for the Eee laptops.. so..they probably wouldnt be a bad pick.
Heck when the time comes I'd surf the net abit and pick out which best suits my needs, not any gamers or tech fanatics, or rich dudes needs. My needs.
Ideally i want to spend as little as possible on technology and have more $$ to enjoy my drams, spoiling my pets and going on holidays.

yes you have suggestions for itouch and macbook and other peoples have other suggestions but this site is a DISCUSSION forum. I agree with what XBGMR says about the macbook and iTouch simply because deafbear didn't say what it is for, a basic netbook like the MSI Wind or eeePC would be better. XBGMR really was right that macbook and iTouch is in another category. iTouch is more of a multimedia device that is not all that good for everyday stuffs beside the multimedia stuffs simply because it have no physical keyboard. Macbook is good itself but it is not a netbook at all. It is just a regular laptop that is overpriced for basic everyday computer stuffs. (I like apple myself but I believe that it is better for specialized works and stuffs like photoshop but NOT everyday computer use because of the price).

Again, my suggestion for Deafbear is to go out to stores and look at these netbook in person so Deafbear can see if these netbook is too small to type on or to read on the screen.

Just remember, all forum are there for DISCUSSION. so PLEASE don't get upset if somebody gonna go and say that your suggestions are wrong. it is just not worth it to get upset over stuffs on the internet.

I don't make any suggestion with iPod Touch, Power ON did that.

That's reason because I had brought up about MacBook since they are 13 inches but I know it's more pricey, even I did included in my post if could afford it, white MacBook is $999 now and my suggestion is different when compare to netbook, nothing to force anyone to buy it.

[Mod's Edit - Unnecessary comment removed; thus retailing]

Back