Need your honest advice

It is never too much what you said. Now I am getting more understanding of food and you surely are hopeful. What about lunch?

oh I left you message on your profile about photography. Thanks again. :lol:

Hi again, I have few minutes so I can quickly tell you whats important to eat for lunch.

1) Turkey(or ham, roast beef) sandwich with lettuce and tomato (use less fat mayo) and small soup of your favorite but try to avoid creamy soup.

2) Garden salad with low fat dressing of your favorites with few fat free crackers and v-8 juice

3) Fruit and cottage cheese plate and soup of your choice (except creamy ones)

So I better get to bed, have to work real early tomorrow. Have a nice night.:wave:

:wave: kula23

Another night owl user, hehehe. I myself am a basketball player and I have always tried to keep myself in shape and psychically. So my suggest is to run everyday on regular basics. It does help alot. And very very good for our heart. I have see people do that now alot more often than in the past. Eat hearty, not junks. Watch your diet and know when to avoid them. Watch TV shows that require exercises if you are not into outdoors. Good luck if any message me

:wave: kula23

Another night owl user, hehehe. I myself am a basketball player and I have always tried to keep myself in shape and psychically. So my suggest is to run everyday on regular basics. It does help alot. And very very good for our heart. I have see people do that now alot more often than in the past. Eat hearty, not junks. Watch your diet and know when to avoid them. Watch TV shows that require exercises if you are not into outdoors. Good luck if any message me

Here is thing, I had hard time to run....so how do you breathe right to run well? I have always wanted to run miles like my brother did. I wish he live nearby but sadly he doesn't. Glad to know there are night owl here too. LOL Thanks for tips.

Walk everyday, let it build up the endurance. Go swimming, even. Start small, like Jolie said. Cut out fatty food, eat more veggies and fiber. Make sure you still get healthy fat from nuts. Drink plenty of water. I like the South Beach diet. If you build up muscles, they will help with metabolism. Try freetrainers.com. You should start to see results in two weeks or so. There are no shortcuts, just hard work and motivation. Start now :)

Here is thing, I had hard time to run....so how do you breathe right to run well? I have always wanted to run miles like my brother did. I wish he live nearby but sadly he doesn't. Glad to know there are night owl here too. LOL Thanks for tips.

First walk around a mile for a while and try to learn how to breath while walking, once you have found a easy way to breath without hurting yourself. Breath is timing and time. Then run and repeat what I say. Then you will run easily in no time. ;)

I am sorry, Kula23. I made a mistake in the ending for freecycle. It should be org, not com. Try it again. Sorry!

Try veggie soup for lunch with an apple.. but you really should consult with your doctor about losing weight. Maybe your insurance will cover nutritionists' bills if referred by your doctor.

How about seeing your doctor to see if he/she got advice. Continue to see your doctor to help you out. Tell him/her to make you goals for each visits.

I think you got to stick with a normal diet. Don't go on diets that you won't ideally do all the time. There's this diet where you eat 6 small meals a day, but I don't know how many people can do that and keep that way.

The main thing is portion control of anything you eat. Read the Nutrition Fact and eat that portion they mention. You can have anything, but it's always a good idea to include or trade certain foods for healthy food.

If you love a certain junk food or snack that you could go on and on with it, then don't buy it.

If you crave a certain food at a certain time, eat it. Just make sure that you eat the right portion. If you want pizza, get a those personal size pizza.

Excercise at least 5 days a week. Do 45 minutes walking or combine them with something else.

Water isn't easy to do but you can start out with whatever you can handle. Fill up a jar with water and drink that jar throughout the day. Put lemon juice if you want.

I know where you are coming from, but unlike you I don't have alot of free time! LOL

I end up sitting around reading and doing Homework for college classes, and never get to exercise that much.

The best thing you can do is write a journal of everything you eat. When the day is over you look it over and see what you want to change the next day so you don't over eat throughout the week. Also this will help you stay on your goal cause you are able to read what you eat.

Also when you plan your meals it's best to keep the majority of your carbs in the morning. Carbs is hard to burn and if you eat it at dinner you just have it sitting there in your body being absorbed into the fat cell. But we do need carbs to function, so don't cut it out.

Simply walking everyday will do wonder for you, and as time goes on you can start jogging alittle til you feel comfortable to start running. This is not something you can achieve over night as your body has to adapt back to running. Don't be discouraged by your lack of ability to run, just take it nice and slow.

Instead of eating goldfish, try some new fruit. Go to United Supermarket and pick out a fruit you haven't tried and have that for a after dinner snack. Yes it has carbs but it is a healthy carb, plus it's naturally sweet!

Depending on your schedule try to not eat before bedtime. I would try to not eat atleast 3-4 hrs before going to bed that way you have nothing in your system to just sit there and collect up in your body. If you have to eat something eat a very small portion or just that one new fruit.

Don't worry about protein shakes or diet pills as it won't help you lose weight. What I would do is take a good multivitamin as you are never getting all of your required nutrition that your body needs.

That's the basic of a good start to a healthy lifestyle.
To make this work you can not think it's a diet, cause diets always fail. you need to think of this as a lifestyle change and you are making healthier choices!

oh yea, I live here in Lubbock too, which is why i was able to point out a certain store! LOL

To lose that much weight, you'll have to really commit to a certain program that you can find on the internet. Don't go for those gimmicks that are shown on late-night television, instead get some dumbbells and just work out with those. Try find a local gym that's cheap, I find that if a person were to purchase a gym membership or buy equipments, it can encourage that person to be more dedicated to the program.

As for the GNC products, I do use them but that was after I did my research and discussed with the employees there to find the right one for me. They do work but like I said, you have to stay committed to the program for it to achieve its potential.

As for eating, cut back on the fatty food and eat smaller portions. I used to be a wrestler, it'll take some time to get used to the smaller portions but in the long run it'll come out allright.

Key thing to losing weight is to STAY COMMITTED to the program. Don't cheat yourself, and you'll see results.

If you are not sure what program to follow and dont want to pay for personal trainer, here's two programs that i have seen success in real life.

Body for Life

Abs diet

I am on Body for Life program and has lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I will switch to Abs diet after I lose 30 lbs to get 6 packs.

thanks for all tips and that will get me ideas where to start. I am 230 pounds. Wear size 20.

Here is bad habit that I eat and drink. I drink caffeine free coke. I eat goldfish snack ALL THE TIME. I am embrassed to say that what snack I eat. I don't eat much of fried food since it is not good my heart. I did got used drink 1 or 2% of milk. I love milk. i do eat pizza, pasta. Umm what else I do eat candy like 3 times a month. I do love grilled chicken. Love seafood.

So you see I mixed it up of what not to eat or do. Here is thing how the hell you break lose for drinking sodas everyday. The reason why I do that is because I went cold turkey to quit smoking to trade in drinking alot of coke that make me forget to smoke. Strange I know, works for me but a bad choice for sodas pop. LOL I am not big fan of tea, maybe every once I can drink that. I do like water but heck plain taste. I will try harder to drink water as I knew it is important but how the hell you stay that way?

Give me one example of 3 meals (or more meals). I mean what to eat. Some say eat 1200 calories then I will lose weight and no need to exercise but I find hard to believe that. Give me more list what not to eat. Oh one thing, is Gatorade good for you? I do have one a pull rubber band thing that u pulled back and forth. I can buy drumbells when I get extras money but I will check out the freecycle.com for unwanted equipment. I am curios does the shake drink stuff at GNC really work? I remember that my brother drink that stuff when he really thin and he bulk it up with that drinks.

My goddaughter is 2 years old and she can't never sit still if watch movie! Maybe in few years later, she will. She is still working on to learn pedal on bicycle. I love her with all my heart that I would do anything to be active and play with her. I get tired eating so I guess it is because I eat and drink unhealthy way. The suck part is that I live two of adult roommate and they both are thin and can eat anything and that why we shared food since that is only way to save money. Another reason that I want to lose weight so I can have my own kids and adopted kids one day. I would love to have buddy or a boyfriend to go with me to lose weight but sadly I have no one so that is why it is makes it harder . I even tried asked people for advice but never bother answer me back.

Then again thank you so much helping me this and I will be gladly to post weekly for a results. So tell me more, education me! Ha My real name is Kelly but everyone called me Kel.

By the way, I am Freelance Photographer, so don't need brialle but I know I mentioned that I am half blind but just can't see the distance, I mean what the len zoom in is for? LOL I can see pretty much. Ok time to stop writing and wait to hear from your relys!

Hi Kel :wave: How are things going with you? Im doing good. Im exciting to see how you are doing with these food plan, did it go well?

I forgot to respond your question about the lens. Zoom lens are added to the front part of camera to bring object closer to take pictures, there are short to long distance lens like for example, 35 mm len is for normal picture taking, 100 to 400 or higher is for greater distance. When people take pictures with 250mm and higher, they must have to keep the camera really still so the pictures won't look blurry or you call it "camera shake".

If you are not sure what program to follow and dont want to pay for personal trainer, here's two programs that i have seen success in real life.

Body for Life

Abs diet

I am on Body for Life program and has lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I will switch to Abs diet after I lose 30 lbs to get 6 packs.

Is Body for Life and Abs diet is a book or....? Let me know. It's sound good advice.

Hi Kel :wave: How are things going with you? Im doing good. Im exciting to see how you are doing with these food plan, did it go well?

I forgot to respond your question about the lens. Zoom lens are added to the front part of camera to bring object closer to take pictures, there are short to long distance lens like for example, 35 mm len is for normal picture taking, 100 to 400 or higher is for greater distance. When people take pictures with 250mm and higher, they must have to keep the camera really still so the pictures won't look blurry or you call it "camera shake".

I am still working on it but right I am in really in budget to buy good food but I know it will get better and to be honest, I been out from work for a month because I Just had my hand surgery few weeks ago. SO now it's better and hopefully I can get back to my "normal" routine and work weight loss.

I am still working on it but right I am in really in budget to buy good food but I know it will get better and to be honest, I been out from work for a month because I Just had my hand surgery few weeks ago. SO now it's better and hopefully I can get back to my "normal" routine and work weight loss.

Hi,
Its good hearing from you. Im glad your hand is okay, good luck with your success. Its not easy at the begining but you'll be there before you know it. Have a good week.:P

Is Body for Life and Abs diet is a book or....? Let me know. It's sound good advice.

Both are from books and can be find on website. I prefer read book first to learn more about nurtition and how to excerise properly.

Back