Need your honest advice

kula23

Reaction score
I used be softball player from K-11 grade until I lost my eye sight. I had to quit playing ball since I can't see much anymore like I used to. I used weight 120 until I was 20. Now I am 29 and 230. I know that is overweight. I want to live longer and watch my goddaughter grow up. I want to keep up with her. I want to keep up instead going on and off of routine exercise and diet food.

Here is thing, I see many different way of exercise and diet. I have NO IDEAS where to start to do diet and exercise. My goals are to lose weight maybe around 130 with little build, if possible. I want to have hardcore ad, bicep etc. I DON'T BELIEVE IN STEROIDS OR PLASTIC SURGERY! LOL Just a natural looks. Can do that to reach my goals? Also I am low on budget that I don't make alot of money to afford of expensive diet food and gym so that is out of question. Can any of you be kind to help me whoever is in fit and know what they talks about? That would meant me alot if you give me some advice

:jaw: You've got ALOT of work to do. Sorry, there are no shortcuts.

I wouldn't mind to start over but I know there are basics to start off and still can lose weight. I just want to get back in shape...good thing I have alot of free time since I am not married and no kids.

I see many people view this thread. I better close th thread. No one want to help. Thanks alot. I might as well leave this AllDeaf and I often thread some but never get my answer back. Thanks and forget this. LATER

I see many people view this thread. I better close th thread. No one want to help. Thanks alot. I might as well leave this AllDeaf and I often thread some but never get my answer back. Thanks and forget this. LATER

Hey there,

There are times when members won't be getting into reply a thread or they will reply to threads. I've had a lot of threads that went un-answered for days or weeks or months but eventually, it gets replied in due time. So, please don't get upset about this because we all do mean well by helping others out too.

To answer your question - It is going to take a lot of time for you to lose weight. It won't be easy but it also takes a lot of determination to do so. I'd say, Just start at something small and gradually increase from there so that way your body will adjust to it as you go along with your exercise routines.

Do you still wish to have your thread closed? If so, Let me know and I'll close it for you.

Well I aint upset, just I know how deaf people are from my past experience. How about run maybe 1 mile and eat alot of protein food? Give me little more details.

I agree with Jolie...many of us work during the day or busy with other things and dont have the time to reply immediately. Right now, I am really tired but I will reply with tips later on. Give it time and people will reply.

Like I said up there, I have ALOT of free time. So I wouldn't mind do this full time since I worked part time during morning. So give me all you can. I don't need less time since I have more free time.

I used be softball player from K-11 grade until I lost my eye sight. I had to quit playing ball since I can't see much anymore like I used to. I used weight 120 until I was 20. Now I am 29 and 230. I know that is overweight. I want to live longer and watch my goddaughter grow up. I want to keep up with her. I want to keep up instead going on and off of routine exercise and diet food.

Here is thing, I see many different way of exercise and diet. I have NO IDEAS where to start to do diet and exercise. My goals are to lose weight maybe around 130 with little build, if possible. I want to have hardcore ad, bicep etc. I DON'T BELIEVE IN STEROIDS OR PLASTIC SURGERY! LOL Just a natural looks. Can do that to reach my goals? Also I am low on budget that I don't make alot of money to afford of expensive diet food and gym so that is out of question. Can any of you be kind to help me whoever is in fit and know what they talks about? That would meant me alot if you give me some advice

Hi Kula,

Im your new friend and I understand what you are talking about and also know how you are feeling. never mind other people saying things like that to you. I was 20 pounds heavier last year and lost 10-15 so far but still at 196 and Im a 41 year old male.

I would love to help you. I too cannot afford gym and things like that but I bought myself barbells, dumbells and do sit ups, it will make your abdomen lost pounds by doing this most of the time. So you do not need to be at the gym that costs you money every month or years. These weight equipment would be very useful for you to use for the rest of your life by paying only one time.

In addition to lose weight, alway avoid sodas that has caffiene in it. Caffiene stays in your body and you get the craving for food since the soda (even diet) are sweet and you crave for salty food which is bad for you and can build up cholestrol. Try to avoid sweets and salty foods, once a month you can enjoy it but you have to be aware and strong not to eat friend food, fast food and food that is high in fats such as sausages,kielbasas and bacon (something like that)

To find a healthy replacement for sodas or high sugared drinks try Aquafina flavored water or other kind of spring water which you can enjoy the flavor and imagine that it is healthy than eating hard sugared candies or something like that. Also try to avoid the most is pasta, pizza, mc donalds food, also Wendy's and other stuff like that, they fry in deep fattening hot oil that can build up weights. I would eat fresh fruit- oh God, I LOVE fresh fruits !!!!- like melons, pineapples, grapes and etc. its important to stick to it and try your best to ignore the high cholestrol, fatty, and fast foods, trust me it will work but it will take days and weeks to notice something better in lower numbers of your weight on the scale.

Eating these kind of food like pizza or other fast food tasted really great but they can make you fat. So you will be the winner if you eat better food and win war against food that makes you fat (I do not mean that by saying that you are fat or overweight, I was just telling you that these fast food can make you feel that way and it does to people.) Eating lean meat is important and eating fish can reduce the chance of heart attack or disease and also reduce the cholestrol count.

Drinking water while you're hungry helps alot, drinking water to fill up your stomach would help you eat less and stop eating further and wait till the next meal time. Drinking fruit juice, I mean REAL 100 percent fruit juice is a plus. If you drink regular coffee, try de-caf. Coffee creamers is really high in calories !! Yes, big time. So try that. Any other questions please do not feel shy to ask me. Have a good evening and talk to ya later. Good Luck !!

How old is your goddaughter? You could start small and build up. Get more active with your goddaughter. You could get strong biceps with weight training. There is a good book called "You on a diet" by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz. I don't know if you need it in braille or not. You could start by going to a library and look for this book or any book on dieting and exercising.

You could check out your local thrift store like Salvation Army for used exercise equipments. Or you can join the freecycle.com in your local area and ask for unwanted exercise equipments. You will have to give away your unwanted items - good way to clean up the house.

You could start a new thread in AllDeaf where you will post your weights and measurements for us. Post them once a week or every 2 weeks. We could encourage you in that thread. Up to you.

To find a healthy replacement for sodas or high sugared drinks try Aquafina flavored water or other kind of spring water which you can enjoy the flavor and imagine that it is healthy than eating hard sugared candies or something like that.

I drink tea because it is alot cheaper than soda or even aquafina. I forgot to mention stevia. It is from herb plant and it is used in place of sugar. One thing I don't like about stevia is the after taste. It is abit expensive but you only use very little of it. Better ask somebody who buy this for a taste. You could try ask the store keeper. You can find this in health food store.

For a real treat, I would drink diet root beer. It is the only diet pop that I like. Barq's is best of all the root beers.

You also could find a buddy who needs to lose weight and go for a long walk together. That way you two would encourage each other.

:wave: kula23!

I agree with Hapagloyd and Baffalo here. You can also walk around in the mall everyday for excerise. It is a free of charge. You don't have to buy anything at all. Just to walk around. Many people do that every morning before the store opens. And try to cut back the food and drinks you normally drinks or eat everyday like, Vitamin D milk to 2 percent, then again 1 percent to adjust your taste buds. Water is very important too. Try to avoid eating meals twice so you wont have leftover or afraid to waste money. Save your second meal for the other day in the week. Your goddaughter would love to sit and watch a movie with you, lite popcorn are ideal, even finger fruits :D And bike riding with your goddaughter would be preious too.

You can cook some meal to your limits and freeze them. Cook them in the mirowave, so that way you will know the amount you are eating each meal. If you are hungry in the middle of the night, drink water instead. And it will help you go back to sleep without carrying more caffeines or calories.

I hope a few would help you to get an idea. Alot of people has their own ways to lose weight or be on a diet.

thanks for all tips and that will get me ideas where to start. I am 230 pounds. Wear size 20.

Here is bad habit that I eat and drink. I drink caffeine free coke. I eat goldfish snack ALL THE TIME. I am embrassed to say that what snack I eat. I don't eat much of fried food since it is not good my heart. I did got used drink 1 or 2% of milk. I love milk. i do eat pizza, pasta. Umm what else I do eat candy like 3 times a month. I do love grilled chicken. Love seafood.

So you see I mixed it up of what not to eat or do. Here is thing how the hell you break lose for drinking sodas everyday. The reason why I do that is because I went cold turkey to quit smoking to trade in drinking alot of coke that make me forget to smoke. Strange I know, works for me but a bad choice for sodas pop. LOL I am not big fan of tea, maybe every once I can drink that. I do like water but heck plain taste. I will try harder to drink water as I knew it is important but how the hell you stay that way?

Give me one example of 3 meals (or more meals). I mean what to eat. Some say eat 1200 calories then I will lose weight and no need to exercise but I find hard to believe that. Give me more list what not to eat. Oh one thing, is Gatorade good for you? I do have one a pull rubber band thing that u pulled back and forth. I can buy drumbells when I get extras money but I will check out the freecycle.com for unwanted equipment. I am curios does the shake drink stuff at GNC really work? I remember that my brother drink that stuff when he really thin and he bulk it up with that drinks.

My goddaughter is 2 years old and she can't never sit still if watch movie! Maybe in few years later, she will. She is still working on to learn pedal on bicycle. I love her with all my heart that I would do anything to be active and play with her. I get tired eating so I guess it is because I eat and drink unhealthy way. The suck part is that I live two of adult roommate and they both are thin and can eat anything and that why we shared food since that is only way to save money. Another reason that I want to lose weight so I can have my own kids and adopted kids one day. I would love to have buddy or a boyfriend to go with me to lose weight but sadly I have no one so that is why it is makes it harder . I even tried asked people for advice but never bother answer me back.

Then again thank you so much helping me this and I will be gladly to post weekly for a results. So tell me more, education me! Ha My real name is Kelly but everyone called me Kel.

By the way, I am Freelance Photographer, so don't need brialle but I know I mentioned that I am half blind but just can't see the distance, I mean what the len zoom in is for? LOL I can see pretty much. Ok time to stop writing and wait to hear from your relys!

thanks for all tips and that will get me ideas where to start. I am 230 pounds. Wear size 20.

Here is bad habit that I eat and drink. I drink caffeine free coke. I eat goldfish snack ALL THE TIME. I am embrassed to say that what snack I eat. I don't eat much of fried food since it is not good my heart. I did got used drink 1 or 2% of milk. I love milk. i do eat pizza, pasta. Umm what else I do eat candy like 3 times a month. I do love grilled chicken. Love seafood.

So you see I mixed it up of what not to eat or do. Here is thing how the hell you break lose for drinking sodas everyday. The reason why I do that is because I went cold turkey to quit smoking to trade in drinking alot of coke that make me forget to smoke. Strange I know, works for me but a bad choice for sodas pop. LOL I am not big fan of tea, maybe every once I can drink that. I do like water but heck plain taste. I will try harder to drink water as I knew it is important but how the hell you stay that way?

Give me one example of 3 meals (or more meals). I mean what to eat. Some say eat 1200 calories then I will lose weight and no need to exercise but I find hard to believe that. Give me more list what not to eat. Oh one thing, is Gatorade good for you? I do have one a pull rubber band thing that u pulled back and forth. I can buy drumbells when I get extras money but I will check out the freecycle.com for unwanted equipment. I am curios does the shake drink stuff at GNC really work? I remember that my brother drink that stuff when he really thin and he bulk it up with that drinks.

My goddaughter is 2 years old and she can't never sit still if watch movie! Maybe in few years later, she will. She is still working on to learn pedal on bicycle. I love her with all my heart that I would do anything to be active and play with her. I get tired eating so I guess it is because I eat and drink unhealthy way. The suck part is that I live two of adult roommate and they both are thin and can eat anything and that why we shared food since that is only way to save money. Another reason that I want to lose weight so I can have my own kids and adopted kids one day. I would love to have buddy or a boyfriend to go with me to lose weight but sadly I have no one so that is why it is makes it harder . I even tried asked people for advice but never bother answer me back.

Then again thank you so much helping me this and I will be gladly to post weekly for a results. So tell me more, education me! Ha My real name is Kelly but everyone called me Kel.

By the way, I am Freelance Photographer, so don't need brialle but I know I mentioned that I am half blind but just can't see the distance, I mean what the len zoom in is for? LOL I can see pretty much. Ok time to stop writing and wait to hear from your relys!

Hi Kel,

I am glad to hear from you, I have been waiting almost all night hoping to hear your reply, I was about to get to bed. Anyway my real middle name is David. I felt so bad for you when my wife told me about your post, I stopped doing laundry and reply you. I once was a smoker and I did eat, eat and eat to replace smoking. It wasn't easy at first. I tried drinking flavored water, like Aquafina grape flavored water and I went nuts about the taste. They also have other flavor too like Berry, Citrus and I forgot the other. 6 packs for between $2.50 to 3 dollars. Its worth it. I don't know how much it cost in your area but they are no exspensive.

Pull rubber method is great, you can use that instead of barbells or dumbells.

Ahah, that goldfish snack is way bad! I used to eat that alot last winter and I ballooned up to 209 lbs!! (from 194 lbs!!!) I used to eat that with, of course, diet sodas!! Smack my hand!! Pizza is also very way fattening, I now eat them twice a month and watch how much pasta I eat, all these good tastes so good but really dangerous to health. I have been watching myself what I eat. I drink flavored tea but its still a no-no. I also have been drinking spring water, flavored water, fruit juices such as Ocean Spray (any flavor). Gatorade is absolutely good to drink but preferbly to drink after you excercise because its got at least 20 some grams of sugar in it, not really much, it is added for flavor too. Gatorade can rev you up which I mean it can move you around with energy.

The GNC drinks like you mentioned are for people who want to gain weight and pump their muscles hence skinny people would buy that stuff, its for people who want to gain weight. I wouldnt try diet pills because it has caffience and it can drive you around and sometime hard to have good nights sleep- thats what happened to me and I havent taken these for over 15 years.

Eating seafood is perfect for you !! not fried ones. Sauteed seafood (or broiled, or even pan fried are the best) Excuse me if I know about such food. I work at assisted living (and used to work for nursing home) for almost 19 years. I'd be very happy to tell you what are good to eat, but you can also choose other people's options (or even from diet books too).

1) Baked Salmon dish with green (or wax) beans and baked potatoes

2) Lamb or pork chop (or even veal), sauerkraut and mashed potatoes

3) Grilled chicken (yeah!! your favorite right ??), any vegs and white rice (brown is fine)

I would suggest you to try to omit butter while eating these food but if you really must have butter, I would suggest special butter like fat or salt free. You may know which butter would suit your need for flavor. These food above are dinner dishes, if you would like to know what you need to know for breakfast, Id be happy to tell you. I do not want to be too much on you since you are reading alot of other people's replies. So, have a good evening and hope to hear from you tomorrow. :wave:

Nice tips

First, thank you for knowing what it is to like replace a smoking. That meant me alot that I am not only one to feel this way!

Good thing that I am NOT big fan of butter. I always avoid them as much as possible. In fact I used margarine (if that is right spell) sauce in my lean meat for flavor, if they are bad, what you suggest that is good? I would love to know about breakfast which they are healthy, plus I just started eating breakfast for the first time in 9 years! I skipped them, crazy I know. I will try flavor water at gas station to see if I like it or not. I did took diet pills last year but stopped after I felt bloat. Never touch that stuff again! As for smoker, I quit this for my goddaughter's sake so I do anything for her.

Do I need eat 3 meals a day or more? I hear someone eat 6 meals a day!:eek3: Also would it be good idea to exercise after every meals you eat? Like I said I do have time for exercise if needed to.

Last thing, I been told not to eat after 7 or 8pm and sleep early, is that true? I am night owl. Trying to break this habit but it run in family.

So it is never too much that you are helping me, it is nice to know that someone is knowledge in food like you do. Thanks again!

Hi Kel,

I am glad to hear from you, I have been waiting almost all night hoping to hear your reply, I was about to get to bed. Anyway my real middle name is David. I felt so bad for you when my wife told me about your post, I stopped doing laundry and reply you. I once was a smoker and I did eat, eat and eat to replace smoking. It wasn't easy at first. I tried drinking flavored water, like Aquafina grape flavored water and I went nuts about the taste. They also have other flavor too like Berry, Citrus and I forgot the other. 6 packs for between $2.50 to 3 dollars. Its worth it. I don't know how much it cost in your area but they are no exspensive.

Pull rubber method is great, you can use that instead of barbells or dumbells.

Ahah, that goldfish snack is way bad! I used to eat that alot last winter and I ballooned up to 209 lbs!! (from 194 lbs!!!) I used to eat that with, of course, diet sodas!! Smack my hand!! Pizza is also very way fattening, I now eat them twice a month and watch how much pasta I eat, all these good tastes so good but really dangerous to health. I have been watching myself what I eat. I drink flavored tea but its still a no-no. I also have been drinking spring water, flavored water, fruit juices such as Ocean Spray (any flavor). Gatorade is absolutely good to drink but preferbly to drink after you excercise because its got at least 20 some grams of sugar in it, not really much, it is added for flavor too. Gatorade can rev you up which I mean it can move you around with energy.

The GNC drinks like you mentioned are for people who want to gain weight and pump their muscles hence skinny people would buy that stuff, its for people who want to gain weight. I wouldnt try diet pills because it has caffience and it can drive you around and sometime hard to have good nights sleep- thats what happened to me and I havent taken these for over 15 years.

Eating seafood is perfect for you !! not fried ones. Sauteed seafood (or broiled, or even pan fried are the best) Excuse me if I know about such food. I work at assisted living (and used to work for nursing home) for almost 19 years. I'd be very happy to tell you what are good to eat, but you can also choose other people's options (or even from diet books too).

1) Baked Salmon dish with green (or wax) beans and baked potatoes

2) Lamb or pork chop (or even veal), sauerkraut and mashed potatoes

3) Grilled chicken (yeah!! your favorite right ??), any vegs and white rice (brown is fine)

I would suggest you to try to omit butter while eating these food but if you really must have butter, I would suggest special butter like fat or salt free. You may know which butter would suit your need for flavor. These food above are dinner dishes, if you would like to know what you need to know for breakfast, Id be happy to tell you. I do not want to be too much on you since you are reading alot of other people's replies. So, have a good evening and hope to hear from you tomorrow. :wave:

I am a night owl, too. It runs in my family as well.

Find a good habit to replace a bad habit. Find something to get busy and stay busy. Maybe volunteering or something? Take the goddaughter to the park? She is too little now but she will grow so fast. You are lucky to have a goddaughter to be involved with.

Do try reading "You on a Diet" at a libary and see what you think of it. It covers on what to eat and some exercises. You could even walk to the library if you live in a safe neighborhood.

First, thank you for knowing what it is to like replace a smoking. That meant me alot that I am not only one to feel this way!

Good thing that I am NOT big fan of butter. I always avoid them as much as possible. In fact I used margarine (if that is right spell) sauce in my lean meat for flavor, if they are bad, what you suggest that is good? I would love to know about breakfast which they are healthy, plus I just started eating breakfast for the first time in 9 years! I skipped them, crazy I know. I will try flavor water at gas station to see if I like it or not. I did took diet pills last year but stopped after I felt bloat. Never touch that stuff again! As for smoker, I quit this for my goddaughter's sake so I do anything for her.

Do I need eat 3 meals a day or more? I hear someone eat 6 meals a day!:eek3: Also would it be good idea to exercise after every meals you eat? Like I said I do have time for exercise if needed to.

Last thing, I been told not to eat after 7 or 8pm and sleep early, is that true? I am night owl. Trying to break this habit but it run in family.

So it is never too much that you are helping me, it is nice to know that someone is knowledge in food like you do. Thanks again!

Hi Kel :wave: Yes you spelled it right, margarine. For meats like steak or pot roast, I would use juice from the meat when you cook them, if there isnt much, you can add little water to it to make au ju (juiced water, like very thin watery gravy) you can add garlic to mix with the juice to get the flavor and of course try to avoid salt. You can add salt subsitute. You can add butter for the flavor, try fat free butter or any butter you find at the store that tells you less fat or low cholestrol something like that. Or at least you can use salt subsitute for flavor.

Yes, it is true that people should eat early like that time because if you eat late and go to bed soon, your body will not have time to burn off the calories, your body stays still and food adds up calories. its great to excercise after you eat, preferbly one hour after so food dont move around in your stomach and cause it to upset.

Eating three times a day is most recommened. People who eat more than 3 times a day are more likely to gain weight. If they are high performace athletics then its ok for them.

I have three breakfast meals that you can enjoy. If you like scrambled eggs, try cholestrol free eggs OR use 2 eggs and before you scramble them, take out and throw away one yolk.

1) Eggs, wheat or rye toast with sugar-free jelly and oatmeal or cold sugarless cerea- you can add suger free to it too. Orange juice

2) English muffin (with sugar free jelly if you want also fat free butter) with cream or wheat or Oatmeal or cold cereal and v-8 juice

3) Pancakes (no more than 2) or waffles, cereal and cranberry or orange juice or even any juice you prefer. Try if you can find Sugar free syrup.

You can have milk too, but not vitamin D. You can have milk and orange juice but not big amounts. Small is good.

If you get hungry later at night, drinking water or fruit juice or have fruits would be good example. I hope Im not talking too long. Have a good day and talk to ya later.:wave:

Hi Kel :wave: Yes you spelled it right, margarine. For meats like steak or pot roast, I would use juice from the meat when you cook them, if there isnt much, you can add little water to it to make au ju (juiced water, like very thin watery gravy) you can add garlic to mix with the juice to get the flavor and of course try to avoid salt. You can add salt subsitute. You can add butter for the flavor, try fat free butter or any butter you find at the store that tells you less fat or low cholestrol something like that. Or at least you can use salt subsitute for flavor.

Yes, it is true that people should eat early like that time because if you eat late and go to bed soon, your body will not have time to burn off the calories, your body stays still and food adds up calories. its great to excercise after you eat, preferbly one hour after so food dont move around in your stomach and cause it to upset.

Eating three times a day is most recommened. People who eat more than 3 times a day are more likely to gain weight. If they are high performace athletics then its ok for them.

I have three breakfast meals that you can enjoy. If you like scrambled eggs, try cholestrol free eggs OR use 2 eggs and before you scramble them, take out and throw away one yolk.

1) Eggs, wheat or rye toast with sugar-free jelly and oatmeal or cold sugarless cerea- you can add suger free to it too. Orange juice

2) English muffin (with sugar free jelly if you want also fat free butter) with cream or wheat or Oatmeal or cold cereal and v-8 juice

3) Pancakes (no more than 2) or waffles, cereal and cranberry or orange juice or even any juice you prefer. Try if you can find Sugar free syrup.

You can have milk too, but not vitamin D. You can have milk and orange juice but not big amounts. Small is good.

If you get hungry later at night, drinking water or fruit juice or have fruits would be good example. I hope Im not talking too long. Have a good day and talk to ya later.:wave:

It is never too much what you said. Now I am getting more understanding of food and you surely are hopeful. What about lunch?

oh I left you message on your profile about photography. Thanks again. :lol:

I am a night owl, too. It runs in my family as well.

Find a good habit to replace a bad habit. Find something to get busy and stay busy. Maybe volunteering or something? Take the goddaughter to the park? She is too little now but she will grow so fast. You are lucky to have a goddaughter to be involved with.

Do try reading "You on a Diet" at a libary and see what you think of it. It covers on what to eat and some exercises. You could even walk to the library if you live in a safe neighborhood.

Would be nice to go library nearby but it is another side of town. Anyhow I did torrent to download that book for free. Shhh :lol: I will do my best to get busy and do that as new habit of new way.

It is never too much what you said. Now I am getting more understanding of food and you surely are hopeful. What about lunch?

oh I left you message on your profile about photography. Thanks again. :lol:

Oh okay, I will check onto that. I am somewhat new to alldeaf. I will keep in touch tomorrow. Have a nice evening:P

Back