Need to STOP Cochlear Implant on Deaf babies

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VaTLld5Lb8]STOP Dr Gérald Fain !!! STOP Cochlear Implant !!! - YouTube[/ame]

Tell to FDA and politicians in the US congress.

That was an interesting one to watch. His expressions and mannerisms are funny. I don't mean in a mocking way but in a good way. Especially at the end. lol. His signs are a bit different yet I still could make out what he was saying in general.

From my understanding, it is the Dr who wants to eliminate LSQ by implanting all deaf babies. That's a horrible goal!

From my understanding, it is the Dr who wants to eliminate LSQ by implanting all deaf babies. That's a horrible goal!

Yes, there are many deaf people with CI use ASL in US.

I know some people who received CI at baby still have struggle with oral language so have to use ASL.

I know some people who received CI at baby still have struggle with oral language so have to use ASL.

In other countries, they have laws or policies that all deaf babies must be implanted and be in oral only programs. I think it is that way in Germany. France, I am not sure. That just stinks!!!

In other countries, they have laws or policies that all deaf babies must be implanted and be in oral only programs. I think it is that way in Germany. France, I am not sure. That just stinks!!!

Oh really?

Oh wow, I love my country and our constitution. I'm not going put CI in my future child and let my child make decision when they getting older.

That was an interesting one to watch. His expressions and mannerisms are funny. I don't mean in a mocking way but in a good way. Especially at the end. lol. His signs are a bit different yet I still could make out what he was saying in general.

he signed in French from france

I think I understand him that he said that dr starts to perform on baby at a 6 months old.

And a lot of dhh kids pick it up as a second language, especially around 4th grade/middle school/high school.

ASL isn't just for kids who can't learn to speak....it should be for ALL dhh kids....Hearing (even with technology such as CI,HAs) is a WEAKNESS in dhh kids.....You limit dhh kids to using their weakest sense,and its no wonder we struggle! Why the heck should a dhh kid have to say "what?" all the time?

ASL isn't just for kids who can't learn to speak....it should be for ALL dhh kids....Hearing (even with technology such as CI,HAs) is a WEAKNESS in dhh kids.....You limit dhh kids to using their weakest sense,and its no wonder we struggle! Why the heck should a dhh kid have to say "what?" all the time?

Who said that ASL is limited to deaf people with CI can't use oral language?

I know that ASL is primary language for deaf Americans, so I'm saying that many deaf people received CI at born, have to learn ASL after oral language doesn't have great success.

There are small number of deaf people with CI can use oral language successfully, without need learn ASL, so many of other deaf people are not.

I understand him almost all of his signs. He said that Dr. Gerald Fain love to put CI like as if he is a mad scientist like Frankenstein after the child(ren) were born. Dr. Fain also want every CI baby to be oral. That doctor is making them suffered and the doctor love it. He may be greedy over money but he is really crazy over wanting to operate CI on babies. That is why I opposed to the CI surgery on babies here in USA and also Canada. We need to stop this madness over what the medical community are doing to deaf babies. I am glad he is complaining about this particular doctor (Dr. Fain). :(

I understand him almost all of his signs. He said that Dr. Gerald Fain love to put CI like as if he is a mad scientist like Frankenstein after the child(ren) were born. Dr. Fain also want every CI baby to be oral. That doctor is making them suffered and the doctor love it. He may be greedy over money but he is really crazy over wanting to operate CI on babies. That is why I opposed to the CI surgery on babies here in USA and also Canada. We need to stop this madness over what the medical community are doing to deaf babies. I am glad he is complaining about this particular doctor (Dr. Fain). :(

It looks like someone need to scandalize the doctor who put CI in deaf child, so will raise the alert from federal government, especially FDA.

FDA has power to ban or restrict on CI operation for young children.

Also CIs are here to stay............Sign didn't disappear when HAs came into vogue.....so there's no reason why CIs are a threat.

Back