Need to STOP Cochlear Implant on Deaf babies

Wirelessly posted

PinkBlackZebra00 said:
Yes, there are many deaf people with CI use ASL in US.

I know some people who received CI at baby still have struggle with oral language so have to use ASL.

The most of hearing parents choice AVT over speech therapy, SEE, speech cued, ASL/BiBi. Some Parents Deaf babies's CI surgeons is under political of AGBell. They contact AGBell after heard from audiologist showed the hearing test failed. That where is AV's spreading the world on Facebook page fan, groups, social networking. That I saw everyone's writing comments. Shaking my head. It sound like power forced.

I had met CI kids. They know sign languages and oral communicate. My son's friend is deaf and know sign language. He took his CI age 3. His parent know sign language too. They are my friends. I respect their decide for son to have CI.

I have a Deaf friend from my hometown resident. Her grandson has a CI age 9 months old and now he is 12 years old. He know ASL through his Deaf family. His speech is pretty good to me. I know many deaf kids have CI and have a BiBi programs at mainstream.

One of my third cousin has bilateral CIs. His mom is my bitch cousin! She is not allowed him to learn sign language. She listened to Audist doctor. She isn't listen to me, my mom, my hubby, cousins offered her to learn sign language for her son. He have no father. He is true Audism. He don't understand my sign. He think it's funny when I used sign to my hubby. That is Audism attitude. :roll:

That's terrible. :/

I still remember my friend's struggles against audism when she had two boys. It was pretty stressful for her.

Or by implying to the parents that their child won't have a good life without a CI. That makes me sick.

yeah , like hearing is everything, or at least if you can pretend to be hearing -that's a everything for them.....it did to me, when i was young, i was consumed, and it left me nothing but a feeling 'what about me?' like the opportunities in the world wasn't meant for me if i can't function like a hearing person at all, that really makes me sick

Wirelessly posted

That's terrible. :/

I still remember my friend's struggles against audism when she had two boys. It was pretty stressful for her.

I'm sorry to heard. I'm feeling sorry for my third cousin is struggle with mainstream. He is victim by hearing kids bullying on him. He is suffering with his life. His mom is freak stubborn. That is why I'm not along with her as well. I don't care. Lucky i has a beautiful son and he know sign languages for me, my deaf friends and his best deaf buddy.

Back