Need help with congenital problem...

I did not know you also start hearing loss. But suppose related genetics to son.

I didn't know until last month.

I posted in another thread about it: I thought I was missing some speech, so figured I was just having age-related loss. I got it checked out and audi says, not age related, not noise related.

Could really be genetic after all.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Currently, the best option would be to get in a research study. Some testing is only available in a study. You can start by using "neurogenetic" to find info. I haven't participated because I can't travel right now. Too hard.
Sounds like you're adjusting well. Let's hope for more information in the future.

I forgot that Rebecca is in Canada. I was refering to prices in U.S. Unfortunately, our medical insurance offers very little coverage. I call it get-hit-by-a-bus insurance. I have a $5,000 deductible and insuance never pays the full amount. Sucks to be me. lol Any possibilty for medical tourism in Canada? My nurse friend suggested medical tourism. Another barrier is that a genetic test in my medical records will make me uninsurable. Any legal protection that exists is, as a practical matter, unenforceable. There is no statute that applies to life insurance, and I need it because I have kids.

5k deductible? That's too much! See? That right here is a clear need for healthcare reform!

Can I butt in?? I have a goofy question probably already laid out simple by sallylou but I may as well ask. So both my sons are deaf (well one is deaf the other is hoh until the 30th we will find out the audiogram) anywhoot both of my daughters are hearing. Do hearing problems occur more in male than female? I was just curious as to why this happened that my 2nd child and 4th child have hearing problems (both boys) it just seems like an odd pattern. Also, how many generations back can affect it? This is another thing that has puzzled us because to our knowledge as far as our grandparents on both sides know they have never encountered a family member with hearing loss and that is including their parents and grandparents. Not that any of it matters but I was just curious. We are not about to do the testing to much money !!!

Can I butt in?? I have a goofy question probably already laid out simple by sallylou but I may as well ask. So both my sons are deaf (well one is deaf the other is hoh until the 30th we will find out the audiogram) anywhoot both of my daughters are hearing. Do hearing problems occur more in male than female? I was just curious as to why this happened that my 2nd child and 4th child have hearing problems (both boys) it just seems like an odd pattern. Also, how many generations back can affect it? This is another thing that has puzzled us because to our knowledge as far as our grandparents on both sides know they have never encountered a family member with hearing loss and that is including their parents and grandparents. Not that any of it matters but I was just curious. We are not about to do the testing to much money !!!

Doesn't that mean it's on the Y and that is the reason only your sons have it?

Hey, I know one thing though - regardless of genetics, your children have nothing to worry about.

Know why? because they have YOU!!!

And that's all that matters.

Fuzzy

Back