need help researching for a presentation on educational interpreting

guido

Reaction score
I have a 1 hour informative presentation due in one of my classes in a few weeks, and the topic my group selected was educational interpreting. I am primarily focussing on high school. Can anyone point me to some resources that I can use for my research? I'm coming up empty handed on Google and talking with the interpreting coordinator for my local school system. Halppppp! :bowdown::bowdown:

What specifically about high school interpreting?

what specifically about high school interpreting?

everything!

To elaborate: I'm part of a group of 4 who are doing a 45-60 min presentation on educational interpreting. I was assigned the task of covering high school.

everything!

To elaborate: I'm part of a group of 4 who are doing a 45-60 min presentation on educational interpreting. I was assigned the task of covering high school.
"everything!" is way too broad.

You should make an outline of the aspects you want to cover.

Then, assign specific aspects to each of your group.

Finally, organize each member's report into a consistent format.

Whoa, son. It's been some many years, are you still working on the interpreting education stuff?

Whoa, son. It's been some many years, are you still working on the interpreting education stuff?

I'm not sure what you mean by many years. I just started my ITP in the fall.

"everything!" is way too broad.

You should make an outline of the aspects you want to cover.

Then, assign specific aspects to each of your group.

Finally, organize each member's report into a consistent format.

It sounds like guido doesn't have an objective with HS interpreting in particular.

Is there anything interpreters feel about interpreting for high-schoolers that may be different from college or elementary education kids? I'd imagine personality or mood swing-type behaviors if any of these commonplace?

Of course, I'd imagine there are individual experiences per every terp.

It sounds like guido doesn't have an objective with HS interpreting in particular.
Right. There are so many topics that could be covered by "high school interpreting."

Is there anything interpreters feel about interpreting for high-schoolers that may be different from college or elementary education kids?
That's one possible topic; comparing and contrasting high school interpreting with other levels.

I'd imagine personality or mood swing-type behaviors if any of these commonplace?
Say what?

Of course, I'd imagine there are individual experiences per every terp.[/QUOTE]
That's a fact! :lol:

Say what?

Just a forethought, if dealing with high schoolers required some implemented measures compared to other grades. I used to tutor K-12 for a little short of five years experience.
The high school crowd was the hardest to deal with; and had constantly used my deafness against me. I was wondering if interpreters faced any similar career challenges with the teenage kids.

I know I didn't give my disabilities/IEP counselor in high school a smooth transition in her career. :cool:

Of course, I'd imagine there are individual experiences per every terp.
That's a fact! :lol:

Last edited:
Back