Name Sign for Obama?

Stop hear again. It's true and it's hurt. It seem that most of my interpreter were against on Clinton. I was youth and clueless. Shush

If that's true, then that's a shame. Interpreters shouldn't be injecting their opinions into the way they sign. That's wrong.

the sign i learned was make an "O" (around your chest area, watevs) then turn it into a 4 with your palm towards you, bringing it up past your shoulder. this is supposed to be like the o for obama, then the little rainbow thingy he has in his logo

hope it helps

"Thingy??!!" "watevs?" (snarly, snarly, Bottesini.) Matilda is missed for her function to tell newcomers, "skip the slang, abbreviations, and misspellings."

Deaf people see the language and when you write that way it is confusing. You can't write phonetically. Miss Chase too because of his funny rants against phonics!

My spouse really likes the one-hand sign that starts with 'president' and ends with the black power fist. I am not keen on this sign but it does show black pride for those who are comfortable with this symbol.

I'd sign "O" cleaning my left shoulder. Because of this!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcME1oLLMaQ]YouTube - Vote Obama! "Brush it off"[/ame]
-"That's what you gotta do."

I use fingerspelling for Obama, like I did fingerspelling Bush and other president, except for Lincoln and Washington, they have sign name. I don't think whole the america would use Obama same sign name. unless if he show the sign name on tv news lol.

Obama's Name Sign

HEY ALL!! I KNW OBAMA'S NAME SIGN....IVE SEEN IT USED IN CALI AND WAS GIVEN FROM GALLAUDET...LOOK AT THIS VIDEO

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT NAME SIGN 4 HIM!! IF YOU CANT SEE THIS VIDEO GO TO THE LINK...

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY AND SPREAD THE WORD!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67V8qWQd_EM]YouTube - an Open Letter for President Obama (ASL and Subtitled)[/ame]

i can't see the video. what does the sign look like? is it a letter "o" followed by the letter "b" swung from side to side like a flag?

awesome sign!

i knw its awesome!!! Ive seen it in another video with an interperter while she interpreted a speech about him but she signed it all lazy...like her "b" changed to a open b more like "rainbow" lol but i understand if her hands hurted...lol

i can't see the video. what does the sign look like? is it a letter "o" followed by the letter "b" swung from side to side like a flag?

yep! and also read SignFreak's comment above.

NOT REALLY...YES WITH AN "O" AND ALSO WITH THE "B" BUT NOT SIGNED FROM SIDE TO SIDE....ITS THE "O" FOLLOWED BY THE "B" SIGNED ONCE...NOT BACK AND FORTH...HOPE U UNDERSTAND. =) smile :wave:

NOT REALLY...YES WITH AN "O" AND ALSO WITH THE "B" BUT NOT SIGNED FROM SIDE TO SIDE....ITS THE "O" FOLLOWED BY THE "B" SIGNED ONCE...NOT BACK AND FORTH...HOPE U UNDERSTAND. =) smile :wave:

ooo ok! unfortunately..... I don't know how to sign but I've been meaning to learn. <ashamed>

yep! and also read SignFreak's comment above.

WELL IT AINT SIGNED LIKE THAT, BACK AND FORTH, JUST ONCE. THATS IT. NOT LIKE THE WORD "FLAG" THATS SIGNED BACK AND FORTH...HIS NAME SIGN IS JUST SIGNED ONCE...LOL BUT ITS TRUE ABOUT THAT LADY...LOLSHE SIGNED "O-RAINBOW" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL :ty:

ooo ok! unfortunately..... I don't know how to sign but I've been meaning to learn. <ashamed>

OH....HAHAHA...IT OK...LEARN AT UR OWN PACE....BUT A REALLY GOOD REASON 2 LEARN IS....its the only 3-D language in the world!! GOOD ENOUGH REASON? LOL JKJK :cool2:

someone here on ad gave me the wrong information then. they told me to sign the letter "b" from side to side as if i were waving a flag. thanks for the correction. smile.

WELL IT AINT SIGNED LIKE THAT, BACK AND FORTH, JUST ONCE. THATS IT. NOT LIKE THE WORD "FLAG" THATS SIGNED BACK AND FORTH...HIS NAME SIGN IS JUST SIGNED ONCE...LOL BUT ITS TRUE ABOUT THAT LADY...LOLSHE SIGNED "O-RAINBOW" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL :ty:

actually, i can understand why she signed "o" and "rainbow." the logo for obama consisted of a rainbow that i believe was colored red, white and blue.
if i am wrong about that, i hope someone will correct me.

Funny thing? This was the exact sign I used before I knew it was really his sign name!

I've seen my SVRS interpreter using it as well. It's quite dominant.

I always saw it as a sign of victory and change.

Back