Name Sign for Obama?

Hear Again

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Do any of you know what Obama's name sign is? Is his name fingerspelled?
Are there variations in the way his name is signed in different parts of the country? If so, what are they?

Just curious.

I usually fingerspell his name, but never thought of his sign name. That would be cool! :)

I usually fingerspell his name, but never thought of his sign name. That would be cool! :)

Yeah, that would make sense to fingerspell his name since it's short enough. I also think it would be cool if Obama had his own name sign! :)

well you not gonna believe this but i found out
in a certain part of our great country that they
use a certain sign for Obama...its umm...
you know when you sign for "black"? well, you
sign Obama across the forehead same way like black!!
I thought that was kind of well...strange, almost
inappropriate..
What do you think??
It is not the way Oklahomans sign, though..
Im not going to tell you what state that use that sign!
As for me, i would prefer to fingerspell his name, heh!

inappropriate..
What do you think??

I BET it was california that was stating that!

That sign is inappropriate. Like racist jokes, the sign should not have been posted here for others to embrace and use.

Obama is more than a person with dark skin. His name-sign should reflect Obama's position and/or accomplishments.

I guess since it's easy to fingerspell Obama so we might not need a sign for him?

"O" on forehead. :D

Uhhh.... I won't use that sign. Marlee Matlin used that sign for "A**hole" in a movie that I forgot the title. I won't be surprised if an ultra-conservative person would use that sign.

inappropriate..
What do you think??
Must be a Texan sign. Is that right?

That sign is inappropriate. Like racist jokes, the sign should not have been posted here for others to embrace and use.

Obama is more than a person with dark skin. His name-sign should reflect Obama's position and/or accomplishments.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more. :)

Obama is a last name not first name. Some people said BO sign. But it's offensive because it sound like boo fingerspelling. It's not good to give Obama a sign name like "Black" on forehead. I guess I would say O sign like Chicagoan and African?? What do you think?

If each President get their name signs, then maybe we should use the one given by Gallaudet, NAD and the likes.

Whether or not I liked him, I still wouldn't use offensive signs for his name.

If each President get their name signs, then maybe we should use the one given by Gallaudet, NAD and the likes.

Whether or not I liked him, I still wouldn't use offensive signs for his name.

Do you think Obama would visit to Gallaudet? They might give Obama a sign name. :hmm:

Obama is a last name not first name. Some people said BO sign. But it's offensive because it sound like boo fingerspelling. It's not good to give Obama a sign name like "Black" on forehead. I guess I would say O sign like Chicagoan and African?? What do you think?

I wouldn't mind Obama's name sign being an "O" signed over the heart (to represent his character).

Back