Naida SP paediatric battery compartment

RoseRodent

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Naida with the tamper-proof battery compartment that is designed for children's hearing aids? I've been trying to work out how it is set up, if it's part of the battery door or part of the hearing aid. I have the replacement battery door for the FM audioshoe, so if I ordered a different battery compartment it wouldn't help as I have to take it off. Does anyone have the tamperproof battery and FM shoes too? I have some trouble with accuracy with my hands and I'm getting really fed up with meaning to open the battery door to switch off or trying to pick the hearing aid up to put it in and accidentally catapulting a battery across the room. I've sprung about 5 of them this week, very tiresome trying to find them again (can't just leave them because they are dangerous to children).

I hope it can still fit with the FM audioshoe in place.

when I turn off my Naida, I don't open the battery compartment ALL the way, just enough so the hearing aid is turned off, but not enough that the battery comes out.

This won't be helpful, but my Naida battery is so tight, I have to grasp it with tweezers just to pull it out.

when I turn off my Naida, I don't open the battery compartment ALL the way, just enough so the hearing aid is turned off, but not enough that the battery comes out.

Same here...but sometimes I do open it more than I planned.

yeah if mine opens more than usual, I just push on the compartment a bit so it's back in it's usual "lock" position

Yes you can get the FM battery draw with children battery lock. I have a set that Boots Hearing ordered in for me as nhs wouldn't give me red battery FM draws, only clear and as my aids are red, I wanted red.
What came was the draws with the children's version but didnt care so kept them. To take the tamperproof bit off is just another small pin to push within the battery draw.
Cost £2 each.
There is such thing so maybe emailing Connevans would be a good start.

That's what I meant to do. What happens next, though, is not always part of the plan! :laugh2:

aahhhh i see! Try to open a bit, and battery's disappearing act!

I'm lucky if I don't accidentally hurl the whole hearing aid at the ceiling.

Back