Naida IX- How can I work one of the programmes?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Hey.

I have a weekend job at my local shop where I am always on tills.

They pay and pack their items from the left side as that is how the tills are set up.

The problem I am having, is I can only hear speech from my right side which means I can not hear them well at all.

I'm just wondering with the Naida IX, how I could use one of the programmes? I can't remember what it is called but Phonak recommend it for using it in a car.

Would that programme work for me and if so how would it work?

Hey.

I have a weekend job at my local shop where I am always on tills.

They pay and pack their items from the left side as that is how the tills are set up.

The problem I am having, is I can only hear speech from my right side which means I can not hear them well at all.

I'm just wondering with the Naida IX, how I could use one of the programmes? I can't remember what it is called but Phonak recommend it for using it in a car.

Would that programme work for me and if so how would it work?

It's called zoom but not sure it would help in your case. What it does is "mutes" the opposite HA so that the HA/ear on which you selected the program will hear better (because you're not gettng sounds in the other ear).

I just tried it on mine and my left HA seemed to send the sounds it received to the right HA, but then I think my left HA is having problems anyway. Do you know which of your programs has this feature. I think it has to be the first one (after the auto program) because it needs to effect only one HA, not both.

It is zoom control and my understanding is that it should stream sound from the side with the noise to the side opposite hearing aid which is what you want.

Depends on what you have requested onto there I just got back from the audi and I can remember the default is of course auto across several diffrent modes while 1 to 5 is set with several diffrent programs you can chose to put onto each bank I had sterozoom on 1st and then 2nd zoom to left then 3rd zoom to right then 4th zoom to back then 5th loudest possible setup! ;-)

It is zoom control and my understanding is that it should stream sound from the side with the noise to the side opposite hearing aid which is what you want.

Yeah, that might be it. Because my left ear is so bad, I may not be hearing the sounds on the right going over there (when I'm trying to zoom to it). I will be going to the audie in a couple of weeks for my yearly hearing test and will find out if my hearing has gotten worse in that ear or if my HA is not working properly.

Back