N.J. district reinstates school play about gay student's death

RedheadGrrl

Premium Member
Reaction score
N.J. district reinstates school play about gay student's death

OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. - The curtain will go up this fall at Ocean Township High School on a play about the death of a gay college student.

School Superintendent Thomas Pagano reversed a decision by the principal who felt "The Laramie Project" might be disruptive. That decision last week led gay-rights activists to plan a protest.

Pagano told The Asbury Park Press in Friday's editions the community was overwhelmingly in favor of the play and no one had expressed support for Principal Julia Davidow's initial decision.

Pagano told the newspaper he had received hate mail from as far away as California. It seemed "the entire universe was focused on this community," he said.

"The Laramie Project" is the true story about the murder of Matthew Shepard. The gay University of Wyoming student was beaten to death in 1998. He died in Fort Collins, Colo., days after his beating.

Two men are serving life in prison for the killing.

The play premiered in Denver in 2000.

Glad that those two men stay in the jail for their life. It's so offense to pretend being gay and kill other real gay men. Homophobia 'n' Transphobia are very stupid and retard in the wide world, and are embrassed for themselves being in the jail as "I am in the jail forever because I killed a gay man." How shame...

There is a hope for sending a message to everyone.

PuyoPiyo, I know you are glad for these men stranded in the jail who murdered a innocence man, but that was not pretty enough to send a message to all.

Base on a true story of my life about HATE CRIME. I held my partner's hand while we walked over the street. We didn't intend to get everyone's attention about us holding each other's hand, but unforunately we did. A car drove and ceased in front of us suddenly when we tried to pass by. Some African-American teenagers threatened us with their guns, like I can see the bullets waiting to be shot. The siren sound came from 100 feet away saved our lives because it scared them like hell. Tears with terrified feelings for a while, but they still don't stop us from what we are doing normally like holding each other's hand. Like we said, GAY PRIDE!!! :cool:

There is a hope for sending a message to everyone.

PuyoPiyo, I know you are glad for these men stranded in the jail who murdered a innocence man, but that was not pretty enough to send a message to all.

Base on a true story of my life about HATE CRIME. I held my partner's hand while we walked over the street. We didn't intend to get everyone's attention about us holding each other's hand, but unforunately we did. A car drove and ceased in front of us suddenly when we tried to pass by. Some African-American teenagers threatened us with their guns, like I can see the bullets waiting to be shot. The siren sound came from 100 feet away saved our lives because it scared them like hell. Tears with terrified feelings for a while, but they still don't stop us from what we are doing normally like holding each other's hand. Like we said, GAY PRIDE!!! :cool:

Wow, you are so brave!!! I would get scare if someone point the gun to us. Congrats! Hell Yeah GAY PRIDE!!! :) And other LBT PRIDEE too! :D

Back