My thoughts on Deaf Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
AG Bell, aka Alexander Graham Bell was a theft, a liar and a cultural murderer. He was principally responsible for banning Sign Langauge for 100 years, at the 1880 Milan Conference to hail in Oralsim. THATS what Bad about it. By "tradition" freebies and what not is just a tokenised form of social/poltiical bribery to make them look nice...with the 'telephone inventor/caring for the deaf' in history , this shifts the real story away from public awareness, that's what !

this would answer your question shushugah

what does that have to do with anything? I suppose then that barbie dolls are also horrible, because they were originally a souvenir of a brothel. I don't dispute your facts, but this is a discussion about 2011, an organization that is currently a very selfless and caring.

what does that have to do with anything? I suppose then that barbie dolls are also horrible, because they were originally a souvenir of a brothel. I don't dispute your facts, but this is a discussion about 2011, an organization that is currently a very selfless and caring.

Actually, there is a problem with the message that Barbie dolls convey to young women.

A.G. Bell is anything but a selfless and caring organization. They can't be selfless and caring and discriminatory at the same time.

Actually, there is a problem with the message that Barbie dolls convey to young women.

A.G. Bell is anything but a selfless and caring organization. They can't be selfless and caring and discriminatory at the same time.

Okay nicely rebuked, on your point, how are they discriminatory? Because they want to help kids using cochlear implants?

I apologize, i said chair, I didn't mean it that way, and that was my false reporting.

again, congratulations to the OP for her mathematical achievements, I am curios, what in college math did you do exactly? I am doing linear algebra now, just finished calc 1, :P I hope to eventually work on Reimann's Hypothesis, how about you?

And seriously...like everyone was saying about grammer on a forum, that also aplies to feelings? Stop getting all hating and emotional about a mother fucking post. On collegeconfidential people bash me, and sometimes they are very mean, but I try to retain something positive about it, while ignoring the negative aspect...because...who cares? You don't have have to invite anyone over for dinner or sex, :P
When i was freshman in high school, i can do freshman level in college. Right now i dont know what my level is. i been traveling and such.

Okay nicely rebuked, on your point, how are they discriminatory? Because they want to help kids using cochlear implants?

Because they refuse to help signing deaf that are as deserving and qualified based on the fact that they are signing deaf.

CrzyMeg, wow that is advanced!! So what math courses and or research, have you done? I wouldn't mind messaging you for help sometimes, xD

Jilio, how does that make them horrible, just for not offering a certain scholarship? A fact you neglected to include is that cochlear implant users end up spending a lot of money on CI's and operations. I would not have been able to do schooling without them, and if I had no CI, my parents would have been able to afford to school me, because my parents would not go into debts because of operations and the likes.

Whether you agree or not with AG Bell, they obviously support CI's, and I know that in itself is a sensitive issue, but it doesn't make them bigots or horrible organization.

Edit: Grammatical clarifications, because my english sucks, :(

CrzyMeg, wow that is advanced!! So what math courses and or research, have you done? I wouldn't mind messaging you for help sometimes, xD

Feel free to do so. :)i think i was antisocial back then lmao. i focus on my education so much. To be honest with you guys, i am just one of 6 deaf students at mainstream school graduated only one with regular diploma. I didnt find out until later. But sure i love to help. I just love doing math and researching and reading nowadays

:'( I want to cry now, because I realize most people are going to ignore my math links and not even click on them and attempt to read them, :(

:'( I want to cry now, because I realize most people are going to ignore my math links and not even click on them and attempt to read them, :(

Oh dont do that. I am here to help :D :wave: i will read it and do it. it fun to do math :D

Jilio, how does that make them horrible, just for not offering a certain scholarship? A fact you neglected to include is that cochlear implant users end up spending a lot of money on CI's and operations. I would not have been able to do schooling without them, and if I had no CI, my parents would have been able to afford to school me, because my parents would not go into debts because of operations and the likes.

Whether you agree or not with AG Bell, they obviously support CI's, and I know that in itself is a sensitive issue, but it doesn't make them bigots or horrible organization.

Edit: Grammatical clarifications, because my english sucks, :(

It makes them discriminatory against any deaf other than oral deaf. And the name of the organization is A.G. Bell Assoc. for the Deaf. Perhaps they need to change their moniker to A.G.Bell Assoc. for the Oral Deaf.

How much money a person chooses to spend on CI and surgery has virtually nothing to do with their level of deservedness when it comes to scholarship.

No, their support of CI does not make them bigots. However, their oralist philosophy, and support of using CI as an excuse to restrict a child to an oral only environment, despite the negative effects that have been shown to result, makes the the most audist deaf organization in the U.S.

BTW: your English and your grammar are fine. We don't generally support English Nazism around here.

Because they refuse to help signing deaf that are as deserving and qualified based on the fact that they are signing deaf.

My daughter has never encountered anything but support from AGB, and she is signing deaf.

Their services, legal support, interpreters, research, legislative support are all there for all d/Deaf.

It makes them discriminatory against any deaf other than oral deaf. And the name of the organization is A.G. Bell Assoc. for the Deaf. Perhaps they need to change their moniker to A.G.Bell Assoc. for the Oral Deaf.

How much money a person chooses to spend on CI and surgery has virtually nothing to do with their level of deservedness when it comes to scholarship.

No, their support of CI does not make them bigots. However, their oralist philosophy, and support of using CI as an excuse to restrict a child to an oral only environment, despite the negative effects that have been shown to result, makes the the most audist deaf organization in the U.S.

BTW: your English and your grammar are fine. We don't generally support English Nazism around here.
And with a good reason. Many of the Deaf have had terrible experience with English class and it would be cruel to act like this is English class here on this forum.

As for Shushugah, I have a cochlear implant but i do not support AGBell.

Assuming what GrendelQ said wasn't true, (or for sake of argument), what you said now is not the same thing as earlier which was saying they are anything but a selfless and caring organization. I can agree with you that they need a name change....but that's just a name change, and not much more. I cannot comment how they treat Deafies, because, I don't have any first hand experience, but I am happy to hear from GrendelQ, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back