My son is deaf

myjade_84

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Jade and i am not deaf. But i'm about to marry a guy whose aunts ( mom's sisters) are mute and deaf. But my bf's mom turned out completely normal. I was wondering if someone could please tell me the chances of our kids becoming deaf and mute.

Hi everyone. My name is Jade and i am not deaf. But i'm about to marry a guy whose aunts ( mom's sisters) are mute and deaf. But my bf's mom turned out completely normal. I was wondering if someone could please tell me the chances of our kids becoming deaf and mute.

If it is an identifiable cause, you can have genetic testing to determine the likelihood.

Does it really matter if they're deaf/mute?
I agree with Bottesini. Ask the family, too.

So, do you have a deaf son or not?? I am a little confused. Are you here asking people if your kids will be deaf because your soon to be husband (oh, wait, your bf) has deaf people in his family? If it is genetic, then yes, there is a possibility that your kids would be deaf. But, no one here knows your genetics so no one here can answer that question... See a geneticist if you are concerned about that.

So, do you have a deaf son or not?? I am a little confused. Are you here asking people if your kids will be deaf because your soon to be husband (oh, wait, your bf) has deaf people in his family? If it is genetic, then yes, there is a possibility that your kids would be deaf. But, no one here knows your genetics so no one here can answer that question... See a geneticist if you are concerned about that.

:lol: That is weird! I failed to note the disparity between title and post.

I don't read all intro posts but this one caught my eye BECAUSE of the title. Being a hearing parent of a deaf child I thought "here is someone I might be able to relate to a little and help a little" (because although I am still new to things I have learned a lot and hate to think that other parents might not have support in learning the things that I have learned so far). When I saw nothing mentioned about the child I said "huh?" and thought it best to clarify if this person even has a deaf child and what sort of help/support/information/whatever they are looking for here.

I am very curious and wanted your honest answer. Why are you asking if your going to have any chance of having kids with hearing loss?

It look like you are trying to get the attention when you put the thread "My son is deaf". That is not nice when you put that out like that. Why should you worry about a child who may become deaf by genetic or by the disease that is not the fault of the child? You can not expect a child to be perfect when there is a defect whether your child will become blind or deaf or have cerebral palsy or a child who might become a dwarf. You just have to accept the child as is and learn to live with his or her perspective.

Don't ever force a disable or deaf or blind child to your satisfaction of wanting the child to be perfect. No one in the world is perfect, even you. You have flaws, so big deal. :(

Will your son turn out deaf and mute?! From my understanding its up to the individual on weather they want to be mute.

Please wait for OP respond my question as I am very curious and hopefully she would be honest enough to spit out.

There is no need to attack OP, maybe she needs education, or maybe she have valid reason so best wait and find out.

yes is that what you want to know? :aw:

My daughter from my first marriage has excellent hearing, My son from my recent marriage has excellent hearing.... although I was born with inner ear nerve deafness as the docs called it, my children are fine although I did worry about them being HOH or even Deaf.
You shouldn't worry so much about your children being born deaf or hoh as there are much worst to worry about... its a gift from god to test you. Your hand could be dealt

Normal
HOH
Deaf
Blind
and all the way down the line to Cancer....

So, Be thankful for what god gives you as some people cant even have a child let alone raise one..

I don't know of many deaf people that uses mute button on remote control of their tv. It's obsolete because they cannot hear tv. If your kid is born deaf, you would explain to kid why you use mute button on your remote control. It'll be quite a bonding time :).

Damn right, I'm kinda of pissed off at many of members for throwing flames on her. I was hoping to get her honest answer and start debate from there but seems my intention fell apart all because of too many members scares shit out of her which result that she might decide to leave her boyfriend just because of this.

Look at how many post she made? Only 2, why? That is because many members terrified her already. What a disappointment! I don't think she is coming back after all. If she does, I would like to hear her honest answer.

besides, just chill and see what you're just missing :)

I do! Reason? Several good reasons, I don't want to cause problem with neighbor even though this is my house not apartment as I don't know how loud TV was, so click mute because I don't need sounds, secondly when our kids sleep, I rather keep it mute. So it is NOT obsolete. Mute is there for reason, especially people who lives in apartment may find it benefit for them.

Don't forget I am deaf, it does not mean mute feature is worthless. I can not hear how loud it is so save my embarrassment.

I don't know of many deaf people that uses mute button on remote control of their tv. It's obsolete because they cannot hear tv. If your kid is born deaf, you would explain to kid why you use mute button on your remote control. It'll be quite a bonding time :).

Back