My son gets sick almost every 2 wks

Iceriver

Reaction score
His Father and I share custody of our son. His Father gets my son every 2nd weekend, but when he comes home he gets sick. I dont know what to do. Probably different foods that my son isnt used to, or an allergic to something at their house. My friend suggested to take my son to doctor. But any of you have this simliar problem ? Any advices ? :(

Maybe at the dad's house they eat more healthy and he comes home and you give him too much sugar and junk food then his body goes into shock from aburpt healthy eating habits ?

Take him to doctor to be safe...I dunno talk to his dad and see what he feeds him

Could it be stress? Shifting back and forth between different homes, different parents, different rules, different schedules, different foods, etc., can be stressful for kids.

JohnnyE said:
Maybe at the dad's house they eat more healthy and he comes home and you give him too much sugar and junk food then his body goes into shock from aburpt healthy eating habits ?

WTF??? where in her post did iceriver say that she fed him junk food? for all you know, it could be the father who's feeding the son crappy food!! don't make assumptions, especially when they're hurtful!

iceriver- for some reason, mold came to mind. I'd suggest taking your son to the doctor AND get the father's house checked for mold... mold can make you sick, especially if you're young with a weaker immune system.

JohnnyE said:

That's absurd! I would be an idiot for NOT realizing what's wrong with my son if I feed him too much of junk food. He only eat healthy snacks at home and at his Father's house as well. He's allowed to have candy once a while.

JohnnyE said:

What if its vice versa?? :ugh3:

I think you should take your son to the dr and take blood test and find out what's really wrong with him.. tell the dr about him going to his dad's every 2 weeks and coming home sick. That's the best thing to do is take him to the dr.

Thanks guys, I will take my son to his doctor. It's probably foods somehow. Something he doesnt eat at my home. Like seafood, His father came from Nova Scotia and his family love seafood. We dont eat seafood (ewww) .

Edit: I emailed my son's father and he says he doesnt feed my son seafood. Hmm..

its same thing my son. Everytime we let my son sleep over grandparents. when he come home about one or two days later, he end up sick like colds, fever, ear infection. I guess different enivorment. Its pretty fed up. Winter is the worst for my son. But its alike when i was little girl.

JohnnyE said:

Her son's father that I know him that we grew up. Her son's father's home that is very health food as well that doesnt mean give him sugar or junk food. He knew not supposed give her son too much sugar or junk only he feed her son health food as well. Same as her home too.

Iceriver said:
His Father and I share custody of our son. His Father gets my son every 2nd weekend, but when he comes home he gets sick. I dont know what to do. Probably different foods that my son isnt used to, or an allergic to something at their house. My friend suggested to take my son to doctor. But any of you have this simliar problem ? Any advices ? :(

Could it be that he's homesick?...Some children do get sick cause they missed home, :dunno:

LakeTahoe said:
Take him to doctor to be safe...I dunno talk to his dad and see what he feeds him

Yeah I told her try make a doctor appt to take test allgeric of what her son's got.

^Angel^ said:
Could it be that he's homesick?...Some children do get sick cause they missed home, :dunno:

Almost every time he gets sick? My son has been visiting his Father since he was a baby. My son should be used to it. I dont know.

well iceriver

last jan after i got back home from california i got a cold

and when i got back to california last month i got sick with allergic reaction to bug bite on my leg

i think it is different enirvement that make ppl feel uneasy like get sick
i do sometimes

Yes, same with my kids went through..

they come home sick or not feeling good everytime they visit for weekend..

found out.. their dad/stepmom or gf.. or whoever living with.. smokes in the house.. (i do smoke but not in the house only outside).. have cats.. or animals..
mild dew.. moldy smell like old furnitures that do smell.. or new paint or anything be like that..

but stress or different sleeping patterns can cause .. so you and the father have to sit down and dig whats wrong..

whats more its been crazy weather.. very intense heat and humid.. last weekend one of my kids had flu.. then fine..

Iceriver said:
Almost every time he gets sick? My son has been visiting his Father since he was a baby. My son should be used to it. I dont know.

Oh that I didn't know...I thought he start visiting his father when he was a bit older....

I'm a divorce mother also and my ex husband does have visitation every other weekend with our three children, sometimes my little one does get homesick once in a while but not as often, so just wondering... :dunno:

Probably due homesick or upset somatch..

If seriouis.. Just try see your family doctor and health check up routines to see if any changes..

Wow every two weeks? Something is up, because that doesn't sound normal as being sick every two weeks, Take your child in to see a doctor and I hope nothing serious comes out of it when you get the results back. Keep us update, we care. ;)

Iceriver, we have not hear from you..

Hope everything is ok so your son..

:hug:

Sorry for not giving the update. My son is better now. He always get better within a couple of days after coming home from his Father's house. It is strange that he gets sick almost every 2 weeks. The longest was a couple of months without getting sick then back to same schedule. His Father and I will try something different before making an appt with my son's doctor.

Back