My son gets sick almost every 2 wks

No problem. :)

Is he picky eater?

I have two sons, both are opposite, one is picky eater and other love all kind of food and he hardly get sick compare to his older brother who was picky eater got sick easily.

I remmy my own childhood, I always got sick cuz I do not eat alot while I was growing up. Only food I loved was vanilla ice cream that was it.

My son is picky eater, but I dont think its the cause because he is also a picky eater at my home and it doesnt affect him. I just serve him what he wants, if he doesnt want something, I'll give him something else. the most important thing that he eats. I dont force him or anything.

lead poisonings in pipes and water??? it can make a child sick..

have to do all tests to see what would cause the child to be sick like that?

I doubt it. His parents' house is clean and tidy. They built a bigger kitchen & living room years ago and they just renvoated their basment last year. Im sure they would check all pipes and etc.

His Father and I share custody of our son. His Father gets my son every 2nd weekend, but when he comes home he gets sick. I dont know what to do. Probably different foods that my son isnt used to, or an allergic to something at their house. My friend suggested to take my son to doctor. But any of you have this simliar problem ? Any advices ? :(

I agree with everyone else to take him to the doctor. It might be his immune system.

After getting it checked out you can try the green-tea routine but I wouldn't think of it as a cure but just something that would help prevent him getting sick as easily. Green tea has antioxidants which strengthen the immune system and prevent cell destruction from oxidization. It also helps speed up your metabolism which can either be bad or good depending on the weight range he's in. Good luck with the situation...

I agree with everyone else to take him to the doctor. It might be his immune system.

After getting it checked out you can try the green-tea routine but I wouldn't think of it as a cure but just something that would help prevent him getting sick as easily. Green tea has antioxidants which strengthen the immune system and prevent cell destruction from oxidization. It also helps speed up your metabolism which can either be bad or good depending on the weight range he's in. Good luck with the situation...

You mean that green tea to her son who is 3 yrs old??

I think her son is doing fine no sick every 2 weeks I guess :)

Ack~ I was unaware that her son was that young... I really wouldn't know about giving a toddler green tea I'd probably advise against it. I honestly thought he was more in the age range of 6-ish and up.

Ack~ I was unaware that her son was that young... I really wouldn't know about giving a toddler green tea I'd probably advise against it. I honestly thought he was more in the age range of 6-ish and up.

heheh I will ask her if her son 3 yrs old is better from sick every 2 weeks :)

wow I havent been to AD very often. Deafmonkeygal told me that someone replied to my thread here on AD.

Dark-Half - My son hasnt been sick lately because I changed his eating habits, and made sure nobody else gives it to him when he asked for it, it has to be me so I would know what food he has been given. It worked. Thanks for the reply.

Mm, cheers. Heh, maybe I should start paying attention to thread dates as per last of reply. I feel a tad silly replying to an outdated thread.. haha.

I am thinking that your house might have a lot of dust. Or, the bedsheet and pillow case need to be washed every one or two weeks. Pillow need to be in the dryer for five minutes to kill the mites. Are your doorknobs clean? In a general, 95 percents of companies and stores do not clean the doorknobs - what a gross!

Are you a smoker? Does your ex-husband smoker?

Maybe, he spent less sleep at his father's house that made him sick when he comes home at your house.

Food is another possible for the allergy. High corn fruit syrup and corn are on the list for the allergies. Wheat is another problem, and it is almost every food in the market like cereals and breads. Also, lousy milk is another problem, too.

I think that a doctor is more likely to give a shot or pills. Sometimes, it is a bullshit for a doctor to give you the prescription because it might not be related to this situation.

Oh you just posted it. Well. I'm glad that you found the problem.

Hi, webexplorer

I am sure she know I gonna post here for her cause she dont really go on computer very much cause she foucs on her son very well and I can let her know that I posted for her :)

As you can see from your questions is black bold and mine is answer blue with bold

I am thinking that your house might have a lot of dust. Or, the bedsheet and pillow case need to be washed every one or two weeks. Pillow need to be in the dryer for five minutes to kill the mites. Are your doorknobs clean? In a general, 95 percents of companies and stores do not clean the doorknobs - what a gross!

Her home always keep clean that she is picky! :lol: and her ex boyfriend's house always keep clean that there is no dust. They do change bedsheets, pillow and more what she always keep their clean :) same as her ex boyfriend always keep clean too :)

Are you a smoker? Does your ex-husband smoker?

ex-husband??? She doesnt have any husband yet which she is not married yet :lol: She is not smoker and her ex-boyfriend is not smoker too. :)

Maybe, he spent less sleep at his father's house that made him sick when he comes home at your house.

Her son have no plm sleep at her son's father's house in every 2 weeks

Food is another possible for the allergy. High corn fruit syrup and corn are on the list for the allergies. Wheat is another problem, and it is almost every food in the market like cereals and breads. Also, lousy milk is another problem, too.

I am sure her son dont have any allgergies on food. But gonna ask her when she put her son to bed and if she will read this and give you a question about allgergies :)

I think that a doctor is more likely to give a shot or pills. Sometimes, it is a bullshit for a doctor to give you the prescription because it might not be related to this situation.

I dunno if she already took her son to doctor or not yet :)

Oh you just posted it. Well. I'm glad that you found the problem.

Yeah iceriver just posted that her son is doing fine no sick in every 2 weeks already :lol:

I wasn't aware of this thread myself..Its good that your son hasn't been sick lately though. Sorry to hear about that problem you had with him in the past. Our precious children need special care from time to time...God Bless You & your Son:) :angel:

wow I havent been to AD very often. Deafmonkeygal told me that someone replied to my thread here on AD.

Dark-Half - My son hasnt been sick lately because I changed his eating habits, and made sure nobody else gives it to him when he asked for it, it has to be me so I would know what food he has been given. It worked. Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't aware of this thread myself..Its good that your son hasn't been sick lately though. Sorry to hear about that problem you had with him in the past. Our precious children need special care from time to time...God Bless You & your Son:) :angel:

Special care? you mean daycare?

Maybe at the dad's house they eat more healthy and he comes home and you give him too much sugar and junk food then his body goes into shock from aburpt healthy eating habits ?
I gotta say I love this reply, I have been reading and it's always dad's fault...but this response was different and I love that!

Back