my road trip to ohio on sept 1. any good advice?

It looks like we just missed each other.

It has been just over a year since I bought my Jeep (2005 Wrangler Unlimited LWB). On August 9th, one year after I bought it, I started on the road to Ohio for a near-3-week trip. I drove up on state highways and the Natchez Trace Parkway for 850 miles before hitting I-40 in Nashville (there was a stretch in Jackson, MS where you have to detour off and get back on from I-220 to I-55 and back on). I camped on my Jeep Sleeper 4 times, slept in new friend's houses and my family's homes during this time. I never checked into a room, a first for me!

What a great anniversary gift to myself as a Jeep owner! Now, it has near 33k miles on it (It had 22,000 mi on it a year ago). It has been an absolute joy to drive, and uhh, something unmentionable happened during the camping trip in March ;-). Sadly, it was also the Jeep where I cried very loudly the loss of this friend I went camping. She was killed by a drunk driver. Such a wonderful weekend I'll never forget...

On this last trip, I drove over 3300 mi through 11 states, they being LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, and OK, in a big circle back to Texas. I camped at Natchez State Park, Tishomingo State Park (these two in MS on the Natchez Trace Parkway), Graham Cave State park (MO), and Clinton State Park (KS). On my last camping night, on the way to the camp site, a deer bounded across the park road in the faded light of dusk.

Here in Lawrence, I watched a really good didgeridoo player. In this video, I'm sitting on the sidewalk from 0:11 on, wearing a red shirt with red hair.

Lawrence Busker Festival 2012 ~ Shibaten - YouTube

Sure but if your car require service like engine problem or starter problem so you will not have any trouble if you use credit card because most car services require you to pay in full before get your car repaired and back.

During Labor Day holiday about back to 1990's, I was involved with deaf group travel to desert for ride a dirt bike and camping. My old Blazer's transmisson overheated and blew it. My AAA membership card gave me free towing service to repair shop. Yes, I paid $1,000 for install new transmission with credit card.

What part of ohio? i grew up there so maybe i can give you some ideas of where are some fun places to go.:mrgreen:

i grew up in dayton which is between the 2 cities. i also have family in cbus

Wait a minute, there are FUN places in ohio? :eek3:

Professional teams,minor league teams, amusement parks, lakes.. maybe you're that damn clueless. :lol:

BTW, that's a gorgeous ass!

EDIT: forgot to mention OSU sports

Last edited:
Back