My new HAs | Oticon Spirit Zest C SP (Chili?)

Re-read this thread!! My hearing aid does not have any programmes installed, maybe I'm too deaf? It's just one programme.
I have had it for 8 months now and I like it, but batteries only last from 3days to a week!!

Re-read this thread!! My hearing aid does not have any programmes installed, maybe I'm too deaf? It's just one programme.
I have had it for 8 months now and I like it, but batteries only last from 3days to a week!!

4 me, my hearing aids kinda like yours lasts for 2 wks before I hear the robotlike low battery warning

But I do leave my battery draw open every night on the hearing aid, cos thats the only way to turn it off so I'm wondering if power's going out quickly because of that

But I do leave my battery draw open every night on the hearing aid, cos thats the only way to turn it off so I'm wondering if power's going out quickly because of that

yes, U have 2 leave your battery draw open every night since the battery may need 2 air out

the power may go out quickly if you're using the streamer but I'm always careful not to waste my streamer's battery because that's called being green.

Hi all, just discovered this site.
First, to answer the question directly above, AFAIK there is none. They are the same, just a different name.
I've been wearing Zest C SP's for about a month now having switched from Naida V UP's.
Feelings are mixed at the moment. There is no doubt that the Oticons are better in quiet environments when listening to sigular speech. But in noise or multiple speech situations then the Phonaks are far better. The unidirectional programme on the Oticons appears to do very little for me even set to its maximum.
Luckily my audi let me hang on to a pair of Phonaks and I now use them in noisy situations although its not ideal as jumping from frequency compression aids to those without is quite confusing.
I have a streamer and all the kit (although I did have to pay for it) although I've only just got it and so far have only set up my mobile phone on it. Results not the best to date but I'm guessing we need to tweak the audio settings when I next go back to the audi.
It's interesting to find this site full of people like me (in some ways at least) and I look forward to exploring it in future.
PS You can switch the music or beeps on start up off. The Oticons apparently pay a tune but it just sounded like a growl to me so I've had it disabled. I miss the little ditty on the Phonaks sometimes.

I've found that if I don't open the battery drawers enough the HA stays on. Sometimes I've put one back in my ear in the morning and found it's already on, and has been all night. Maybe yours are the same.

Not music, not even a discreet little beep, but a "bbbbllllaaaapppp" sort of sound. Then it stops. It is annoying, for sure.

My Phonaks do a little "beep, da da beep" sort of thing, a series of tones.

I had the music turned off! It was driving me crazy ,as I take my HA off during the day and I would have to hear that awful music every time I put on HA on.
I wanted a purple HA this time so I got one that is also kid friendly.

How bizarre! I've never head of hearing aids being programmed to do a song that you like.

How 'bout "Volare?" or "O Solo Mio..?" OK, just joking - but how cool to have a little background music in your aids!

Seriously, I prefer the little beeps the Phonak does to the "blllaaapp" sound of these Oticons. I'm getting in the habit of not closing the battery compartment until I've put the molds all the way in, to avoid it.

After awhile it is not so cool ! Maybe if i had it programed to play a song I liked I would liked it better. But it sound so mechanical and I did not like that.

After awhile it is not so cool ! Maybe if i had it programed to play a song I liked I would liked it better. But it sound so mechanical and I did not like that.

my hearing aid does a melody chime/tone kinda like when U play a piano or flute when I turn it on

Hi everyone, really useful post. I just picked up my first ever aids yesterday - 2 oticon spirit zests courtesy of the NHS :o) I have been aware of high frequency loss for the past 10 years or so ( and tinnitus) and recently decided to talk to my GP as I was struggling at work. 6 weeks later and my life is changed for the better, am soooo happy (the wife is chuffed to be able to turn the tv down too lol ). I genuinely thought I had to live with not hearing speech well at the age of 40 but now feel like part of the world again. :O)

Hi everyone, really useful post. I just picked up my first ever aids yesterday - 2 oticon spirit zests courtesy of the NHS :o) I have been aware of high frequency loss for the past 10 years or so ( and tinnitus) and recently decided to talk to my GP as I was struggling at work. 6 weeks later and my life is changed for the better, am soooo happy (the wife is chuffed to be able to turn the tv down too lol ). I genuinely thought I had to live with not hearing speech well at the age of 40 but now feel like part of the world again. :O)

Is it the Chili? How does your audiogram look like ?

Sorry for the huge delay in replying. I don't have a copy of my audiogram but I think it is typical hi and a bit of mid frequency loss. It is the NHS equivalent I think - called the spirit zest here in the UK. Totally used to the aids now and whenever I take them out for bed I miss them like crazy, lol. I would be lost without them now. Only issue I have noticed is when I try and play guitar and they automatically compress the sound - audiologist will add a programme to turn of the compressor when I get them tuned next month :)

I had the music turned off! It was driving me crazy ,as I take my HA off during the day and I would have to hear that awful music every time I put on HA on.
I wanted a purple HA this time so I got one that is also kid friendly.

What model do you have?
They say that CHili 9 has music program

You have to ask for more program's that you want. They wouldn't know what program's you would like.

Back