My new eBike > Yuba Sweet Curry

This guy has an all-wheel drive eBike with 1000W motors (x2 = 2000W) … !!! >>>

This is the longer video (7 minutes) with Cedric Lynch explaining the details of his Electric Bicycle …..

How feasible is it to build an ebike from an existing bike? Just a basic one?

I really do not know how to answer your question ….. Depends on many factors … What kind of bicycle you are starting with … the condition of that bicycle …. How old is it … How many miles has somebody rode that bicycle ? Do you need to replaces parts on the bicycle (chain … bearings … gears … cables ... brakes …). How much money do you have to spend total … ? If you know, or can learn, how to do everything yourself, that will cut the costs. How fast do you want your eBike to go ? How far do you want to travel on one full charge ? Do you want Taillights, brake lights, headlights, turn signals …. ???

I have been riding bicycles since I was four years old, when my uncle taught me how to ride. Unfortunately, I have problems with my knees, so I cannot pedal much anymore. The eBike will still allow me to travel on a bicycle, which I can actually pedal and shift gears when I am able. I have been calling many different campsites, and found several that will work for my trip. I need access to electricity to charge the batteries. There are many Hiker/Biker campsites along the California Coast, which only cost $10/night (regular campsites are now $35/night, and some even as much as $47/night !!!). I also found a place to Whale Watch !!! I spoke with the camp host and he told me his campgrounds are a good place to whale watching.

Does pedaling also help to recharge the batteries or just conserve the charge that is already in them?

Does pedaling also help to recharge the batteries or just conserve the charge that is already in them?

Pedaling will not charge my eBike. There are some eBikes that will charge as you pedal though. With four batteries (20A each, and also 20 pounds each !!!), I will have a range of around 120 miles with no pedaling, which should be plenty. If I pedal that will extend the range even farther. I really can't pedal much though because of my health issues (high blood pressure, serious problems with back, feet, and joints). I will try to pedal some, maybe 3-5 miles some days, but not up hills.

congratulation buddy and best of luck for this new bike.:)

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the road again ..... I gave up driving around 10 years ago. Have been cycling to work and all around town, until last year, when my knees went out. I've been riding Uber and Lyft for almost one year, but it's getting to be too expensive. With my eBike, I will have much more freedom ….. to stop whenever and wherever I want to .....

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the road again ..... I gave up driving around 10 years ago. Have been cycling to work and all around town, until last year, when my knees went out. I've been riding Uber and Lyft for almost one year, but it's getting to be too expensive. With my eBike, I will have much more freedom ….. to stop whenever and wherever I want to .....

This made me think of something! If just running around town for short trips can you take some of the batteries off to save weight?

This made me think of something! If just running around town for short trips can you take some of the batteries off to save weight?

Actually, I cannot remove only one or two batteries. They are already connected together. I would have to rewire the battery system, which I don't know how to do, and would be much too time consuming. The extra weight will really not even be an issue. My eBike alone weighs 44 pounds. With the four batteries, the weight increases to 124 pounds. With all the other extra gadgets and features … my eBike will probably weigh at least 150 pounds !!! Loaded with groceries …. could weigh as much as 250 pounds, not counting my weight (another 220 pounds). I have carried 126 pounds of food on my Surly Long Haul Trucker (world-class touring bicycle, no motor).

Actually, I cannot remove only one or two batteries. They are already connected together. I would have to rewire the battery system, which I don't know how to do, and would be much too time consuming. The extra weight will really not even be an issue. My eBike alone weighs 44 pounds. With the four batteries, the weight increases to 124 pounds. With all the other extra gadgets and features … my eBike will probably weigh at least 150 pounds !!! Loaded with groceries …. could weigh as much as 250 pounds, not counting my weight (another 220 pounds). I have carried 126 pounds of food on my Surly Long Haul Trucker (world-class touring bicycle, no motor).
you are right or that's nice way.thankx

Very good.Best of luck

Back