my new cell!!!

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
I finally went ahead and bought it today, I JUST LOVE THE KEYBOARD......it makes text so much easier, I would get thumb cramps, now I know this is tty accessible but I wish with this keboard i wont need the PVCO or the pocket com attachment. I did buy the PVCO but I sent it back to try the pocketcom when it comes out and if i dont like it, i will get the PVCO again. I dont know why it is coming out so late!!!
ph_6800_phd.jpg

how much cost to buy cell and monthly ?? can ya send me the link for the cell please thank look so awesome why dont ya buy sidekick ???

can make any calls by using tty thru websites??? (i found out that 6800 built in with Java)

what about vibrator when e-mails/calls show up?

Thought I ask you cuz u are own one.

:ugh: I wouldnt waste my money on those, if you can talk on cell then thats whole different story.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
:ugh: I wouldnt waste my money on those, if you can talk on cell then thats whole different story.

Do you mind to share your deeper thoughts about this?

Originally posted by Darlin Tweety
how much cost to buy cell and monthly ?? can ya send me the link for the cell please thank look so awesome why dont ya buy sidekick ???

as I discussed in my cell phone thread, this is the info for the nokia 6800
Connectivity
Mobile Internet - XHTML browser
High-speed data transmission via GPRS
TTY/TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf) compatibility with phone adapter6
Hearing aid support with the LPS-4 Loopset
Send and receive data via infrared or data cable (sold separately)
Synchronize your phone book, calendar and to-do list with your PC using PC Suite for the Nokia 6800 phone4

Nokia 6800 (AT&T - GSM)

Price Without Plan 279.99*

Price With Plan $149.99

$50 Nokia trade-in rebate -$50.00

$50 mail-in rebate for Nokia phones with AT&T! -$50.00

Shipping FREE

Your Final Cost: only $49.99 *

but my plan with AT &T is 29.99 a month for 250 minutes talk time, unlimited nights and weekends. receives unlimited text but the BAD part is that they have a plan for how many texts you send. I went for the maximum 9 a month for 300 texts and I signed up for Mmode - you can go on the internet, downplay graphics and tones, check email even go on instant messenger!!

I'd rather buy a cell phone with text messaging than a sidekick/wyndtell. . .

Cell's are like 1/2 the monthly price of a text messenger. . .

Originally posted by ChelEler
Do you mind to share your deeper thoughts about this?

I dont see unlimited data transfer package on any of those cell-phones.

If that phone have keyboard, then why doesn't it have a TTY feature? I suggest you to send that phone back and nag the phone industry. Deaf people should not have a burden to carry a dumb bulky tty around while hearing carry just their tiny lightweight phone around.

I've been nagging T-Mobile and Danger Inc. to implement TTY in their device.

So basically what I am seeing that deaf people are spending A LOT more money on devices than hearing people with their cell phone. This is pissing me off cuz money doesn't grow on a tree!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Xero
I'd rather buy a cell phone with text messaging than a sidekick/wyndtell. . .

Cell's are like 1/2 the monthly price of a text messenger. . .

Sidekick is a cell phone and have text messaging ability... so..?

Originally posted by Tostitos
If that phone have keyboard, then why doesn't it have a TTY feature? I suggest you to send that phone back and nag the phone industry. Deaf people should not have a burden to carry a dumb bulky tty around while hearing carry just their tiny lightweight phone around.

I've been nagging T-Mobile and Danger Inc. to implement TTY in their device.

definitely!!! but you know it is not easy to put in TTY in the cell cuz it is complex piece of machinery.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
definitely!!! but you know it is not easy to put in TTY in the cell cuz it is complex piece of machinery.

Look at Wyndtell, I used to have wyndtell and I was able to make a TTY call all over the USA. Hey, do you think implementing camera, picture viewer, AIM, and all those unnecessary and low-priority stuff on a cell phone is complicated? But they did it and they have no excuse not to implement a TTY in a cell phone.

Last edited:
I still like my sidekick for $30/ month for unlimited AIM, Internet, Text Messages.

Daannngg that is nice. I gotta get me a new one. Im tired carrying the company's phone. Its damn big. Vinnie (guy i know at work) has a flip one (smaller). GRR

Thanks for the info. :)

Back