My new Baby!!!

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had Piper now since December 5th. We got her from the breeder. Breeder had originally sold her at 8 weeks of age and that person was trying to sell her on Craigslist, which was against the contract, so breeder got her back at 7 months. She was 9 months when I got her and she just had her first birthday.

She has not had any training of any kind and was never socialized properly. My trainer and I are working to get the remedial socialization done properly, then will be working on obedience training. She shows great potential for learning and is currently a prospective service dog for me.

Sitting Pretty.jpg

Piper running.jpg

On my Coolaroo.jpg

Your baby is beautiful and it's a good thing the breeder saw the dog was on craiglist . I hate to think what could happen . GSD are so smart .

Last edited:
She is adorable!
It is great to hear how much the breeder cares for their puppies even after they leave.
And now she is in a loving home - what a lucky girl!

Is she a mix bred? I told my mom that Finlay looked like her , they both had black curly hair and dark eyes and a nice nose.

Kristina your new baby is beautiful. I hope you two can become great companions for each other.

She has unusual marking , I like her black back and tail .

She is beginning to lighten up. Tail has more tan in it and her back is getting a lot of white as well as her chest. Breeder says she is built more like the mother, and has mostly mother's coloring, but is changing the same way father did.

She is beginning to lighten up. Tail has more tan in it and her back is getting a lot of white as well as her chest. Breeder says she is built more like the mother, and has mostly mother's coloring, but is changing the same way father did.

I did not realize the coloring would change. We had a GSD growing up and the poor dog had a whip mark on her nose when my dad brought her home. :( I really loved that dog

Another "black-and-tan" <dog> :wave: my girls are also from working lines.
CONGRATS! Exciting! She is gorgeous:)

Do you know your own home ? I was wondering if you will you have to pay extra on your home insurance policy . I wanted to get a GSD mix and I would of had to pay more .

Do you know your own home ? I was wondering if you will you have to pay extra on your home insurance policy . I wanted to get a GSD mix and I would of had to pay more .

We have that here too for several specific large breeds. And also rules on fencing, plus how the dog must be attended when outside if not properly fenced .

We do own our own home. No home owner's insurance due to a long story about this house. Also, Town Hall states we can only fence the backyard and the house is sitting so far back, that the back yard is only 45 feet by 15 feet. Front and side yards are huge.

Back