My most theaters won't care about me

CCfan

Reaction score
I found some theaters has open captioning but those movies that I will
be not enjoyed, such as drama, children. I want comedy, horror, and
Iron Man. I heard about Rotten Tomatoes reviews that said "Iron Man"
is best superhero movie! But, unfortunately, closed captioning or
open captioned is not listed there! :mad: I was boycott theaters if those
movies that I am unenjoyable movies, theaters can't make money because of it.
I wish most theaters should be rear-window captioning at least 3 per
screening rooms, and least 2 screening rooms for open captions. :mad:
I hate to waiting until DVD comes out. Uggh...!

Ugghh!!!! :mad: !!! Yea Wish ALL Theathers could have Closed Caption!!!!

I agree that the cinemas throughout the world should have 1 or 2 screening rooms showing the latest releases with captionings.

Yes, we deafies shouldn't have to be made to wait.

Subtitles also seem to popular for people who can hear well. But, a lot of people don't like subtitles though, especially people who can speak English.

I guess not being able to go to the cinemas to watch a movie means you have a valid reason for downloading the movie, which may also be subtitled.

I wish all theaters must have Closed-Captioned either. But In indianapolis have CC at theaters available. In my hometown can't do anything with CC only deaf group can come to watch a movie with CC once time. I watched a Harry Potter with CC on at theater once time. I saw "Sweet Nothing in ear" movie. Marlee and her husband went to theater with CC on. It's not fair! ALL Deaf and HOH need to have a CC available in everywhere!!!!! I am sick of hearing people are complain about CC. They want to remove the CC and need to watch a movie full. Why not we have a widescreen under CC?? It will not bother.

Yeah, I know the feeling.

They've reduced captioning for great movies and focused on boring movies. I wonder if there's a reason behind this?

Perhaps, greater movies cost more money to caption?

That's true! I agree with you. I guess Caption is expensive for theater. At Facebook have a "Cause" Closed-Captioned to pay for donate. It's not enough money to raise the money.

They've reduced captioning for great movies and focused on boring movies. I wonder if there's a reason behind this?

Well. I went to a theater in the city, and I watched the play. I really enjoyed it because there were two excellent interpreters for us. There were 15 deaf people, and we sat in the front and right corner of the auditorium. It was my fourth times. A theater was impressed that we came to see the plays often that made the company provide them what we need which is so successful.

I think that you guys should go and watch a play with the interpreters if the theater provides them for you. Please try not to complain that the interpreters are not perfect, but they will improve themselves for the first time in a big auditorium.

I have watched the plays in other cities, and the plays were not that great. That's why you have to find a really good theater with the interpreters in your area.

Really?? is real interpreter for theater?? I never know that. Nobody tell me about it. That's interesting! I have an idea for interpreter on movie under the widescreen with CC. You know I mean?

Well. I went to a theater in the city, and I watched the play. I really enjoyed it because there were two excellent interpreters for us. There were 15 deaf people, and we sat in the front and right corner of the auditorium. It was my fourth times. A theater was impressed that we came to see the plays often that made the company provide them what we need which is so successful.

I think that you guys should go and watch a play with the interpreters if the theater provides them for you. Please try not to complain that the interpreters are not perfect, but they will improve themselves for the first time in a big auditorium.

I have watched the plays in other cities, and the plays were not that great. That's why you have to find a really good theater with the interpreters in your area.

I wish all theaters must have Closed-Captioned either. But In indianapolis have CC at theaters available. In my hometown can't do anything with CC only deaf group can come to watch a movie with CC once time. I watched a Harry Potter with CC on at theater once time. I saw "Sweet Nothing in ear" movie. Marlee and her husband went to theater with CC on. It's not fair! ALL Deaf and HOH need to have a CC available in everywhere!!!!! I am sick of hearing people are complain about CC. They want to remove the CC and need to watch a movie full. Why not we have a widescreen under CC?? It will not bother.

I agree with you. Let's they should gov't ban theaters due to deafness.

I agree with you!! Let's Disney and Universal Studios should sue theaters for lacking closed-captioning on greater movies.

Having interpreters for movies would cost a LOT more than making CC available or open captions. Plays are different, they are only put on in a limited area for a limited time. Movies are available nationwide. Putting an interpreter there for a movie would be ridiculously expensive.

Unfortunately, Insight Cinema JUST closed down. But MovieTickets.com is helpful, if you look at a particular theater it shows which movies are CC and which ones are OC.

Iron Man is a good movie though, I saw it yesterday...

Thank you! I checked it out. I saved it into my favorite bookmarks. In my hometown doesn't have CC available at theater. That's suck! You're lucky to watch a movie Iron Man. Where are you coming from? I live in Northeast Indiana.

CCfan, I found a CC showing of Iron Man. It's at the AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18 - I don't know if that is a far drive for you, your location only says St. Paul. They have lots of showtimes today and I would guess more tomorrow and later.
MovieTickets.com AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18 . Movies, showtimes and tickets.

Having interpreters for movies would cost a LOT more than making CC available or open captions. Plays are different, they are only put on in a limited area for a limited time. Movies are available nationwide. Putting an interpreter there for a movie would be ridiculously expensive.

Unfortunately, Insight Cinema JUST closed down. But MovieTickets.com is helpful, if you look at a particular theater it shows which movies are CC and which ones are OC.

Iron Man is a good movie though, I saw it yesterday...
I just checked InsightCinema. You're right... I didn't even know that. The last time I looked was a few days ago, right before they announced their closure.

I never really looked at InsightCinema. I used to years ago because they always had dates for movies at movie theaters and they were usually posted up to a month in advance.

As time went by, they started putting it off. Either they were putting it off themselves or they were getting the information late. Either way, I got tired of trying to rely on InsightCinema and found that other sites provided better information such as Fandango and RegalCinemas.

My son works as assistant manager at AMC in South Jersey (outside from Philadelphia). This summer, he will become boss. This morning, he asked me anything movie with Caption. We give him list what we will love to see movie like Ironman, Batman, X-Files II, etc.

They have screening rooms for rear-window captioning. Not many deaf people show up at movie at near Cherry Hill Mall. Most deaf people go to see movie with caption on wall in Philadelphia

Do Yourself A Favor Get The Theatre Names And Address Write Them A Letter How Dissapointed You Are... And Give Them A Copy Of The Law Stating All Thetures Should Have It... If They Dont Contact Ada.org. I Had The Same Problem With My Theture Hea In New York And What I Did Was I Wrote A Letter The Wrote Me Back Saying They Apologize And They Are Working On Getting The Closed Caption For This Place So I Dont Have To Wait For Dvd To Come Out. Try It It Cant Hurt... So Now Every Sat Early Like 1pm There Are Cc Movies And Sundays.. Hopefully This Helps Let Me Know What Happens!

Smile

That's true. I will do that. But I need to talk with my deaf friends who live same my hometown. I will have a meeting with them about CC for theater. I don't have time to do that. I am busy for this month and next month. Maybe after wedding and honeymoon. I will do that. Thank you for telling me. :)

Do Yourself A Favor Get The Theatre Names And Address Write Them A Letter How Dissapointed You Are... And Give Them A Copy Of The Law Stating All Thetures Should Have It... If They Dont Contact Ada.org. I Had The Same Problem With My Theture Hea In New York And What I Did Was I Wrote A Letter The Wrote Me Back Saying They Apologize And They Are Working On Getting The Closed Caption For This Place So I Dont Have To Wait For Dvd To Come Out. Try It It Cant Hurt... So Now Every Sat Early Like 1pm There Are Cc Movies And Sundays.. Hopefully This Helps Let Me Know What Happens!

Smile

Smile
How does captioning movies relate to ADA?

My son works as assistant manager at AMC in South Jersey (outside from Philadelphia). This summer, he will become boss. This morning, he asked me anything movie with Caption. We give him list what we will love to see movie like Ironman, Batman, X-Files II, etc.

They have screening rooms for rear-window captioning. Not many deaf people show up at movie at near Cherry Hill Mall. Most deaf people go to see movie with caption on wall in Philadelphia

I think it's great that closed captioned movies are already widespread across the Nation but with having a rear-view captioning, it is definitely bothersome. I hate sitting in the chair trying to find the comfortable spot to watch the movie and the rear view window is not in the right align. I have to keep adjusting it in order to enjoy the movie. I also have to squirm around in my chair. By the end of the movie, I probably have missed some parts just because I was trying to adjust the rear view window or fidgeting in my seat to get a good view. It's frustrating. Personally, I like the open caption movies than the ones that are rear-view.

I think it's great that closed captioned movies are already widespread across the Nation but with having a rear-view captioning, it is definitely bothersome. I hate sitting in the chair trying to find the comfortable spot to watch the movie and the rear view window is not in the right align. I have to keep adjusting it in order to enjoy the movie. I also have to squirm around in my chair. By the end of the movie, I probably have missed some parts just because I was trying to adjust the rear view window or fidgeting in my seat to get a good view. It's frustrating. Personally, I like the open caption movies than the ones that are rear-view.

I agree that rear-view captioning is bothersome and it happens that the viewer will not stay in one spot and I have to go out and get another viewer that would work. Of course I would miss some of the movie.

Back