"My mommy's gay, but she doesn't need fixing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Source: RawStory.com

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann appeared stunned Sunday after an 8-year-old South Carolina boy told her that his gay mother didn’t “need any fixing.”

The candidate was signing her memoir Core of Conviction for a scant few supporters at a Myrtle Beach Books-A-Million when 8-year-old Elijah stepped forward with a message.

“You said it, but I think my ears were too far away,” Bachmann told the boy as she leaned over the table, pulling him close.

“Ms. Bachmann, my mommy’s gay but she doesn’t need any fixing,” Elijah whispered into her ear.

The dumbfounded GOP hopeful slowly stood up with her wide eyes glaring at the mother.

“Bye, bye,” she waived.

During her visit to Books-A-Million Sunday, Bachmann was also reportedly “mic checked” by Occupy Myrtle Beach.

Last week, another young activist, Jane Schmidt of the Waverly High School Gay-Straight Alliance in Iowa, pressed the candidate on why same sex couples couldn’t get married.

“They can get married,” Bachmann insisted. “They can marry a man if they’re a woman. Or they can marry a woman if they’re a man.”
Activist Elijah With Michele Bachmann - YouTube

Thoughts?

Good for the kid to tell it straight to her face! Now, if my kids could go to the hospitals and tell the CI doctors that I dont need fixing. :lol:

As for this comment,

“They can get married,” Bachmann insisted. “They can marry a man if they’re a woman. Or they can marry a woman if they’re a man.”

She should shut up because it is such BS!

The 8-year-old has more brains than miss Bachmann. It's true!

Also my favorite response to the Christians who complain about gays is this little bit of thought provoking items - God can make anything god wants, and if god doesn't want you to do something like say jump to the moon, god can make rules in the universe that prevents it, like gravity. But god made gay animals, and if god didn't want people to be gay as well, would not god have made a rule, just like gravity, to prevent it?

Good for the kid to tell it straight to her face! Now, if my kids could go to the hospitals and tell the CI doctors that I dont need fixing. :lol:

As for this comment,

I thought the thing looked like mommy told him what to say, and he was not comfortable saying it. The way Bachmann waved at the camera tells me she thought she was being set up.

Yea..... while I enjoy the message, it still looked like the mom put him up to it. :-|

Good. Bachman needed to be set back on her heels. They don't think about the kids being raised in these families and what their negative gay bashing does to them. It does more harm than being raised in a family with gay parents.

As for this comment,

I'd love to see your kids march into a CI center with signs saying, "My mom is Deaf and she doesn't need fixing!":P

Last edited:
I'd love to see your kids march into a CI center with signs saying, "My mom is eaf and she doesn't need fixing!":P

Oh, you mean elf? Not eaf? lol

Either way. Deaf or Elf.... they both don't need fixing either!

:lol: the way this thread turned. But yeah! Deaf or Eaf or Elf, little ones don't need fixing.

I'll wait for the kid to grow up and have a mind of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back