My gore...

yes, viccodin and amoxicillin, incission looks good, just achey deep within today.

Ouch! Are you allowed to wash hair yet? I don't think I will get an implant after all.
Can wash hair but cant get incision wet for 1 week, I had my daughter wash my hair yesterday. Can not get any water in ear until I see doc on the 2nd.
nothing bad about the CI at all, all went smooth and nothing more than a little ache which is normal and actually not bad at all for a surgery like this... I expected worst, pain is next to nothing really. Surprised me.

Can wash hair but cant get incision wet for 1 week, I had my daughter wash my hair yesterday. Can not get any water in ear until I see doc on the 2nd.
nothing bad about the CI at all, all went smooth and nothing more than a little ache which is normal and actually not bad at all for a surgery like this... I expected worst, pain is next to nothing really. Surprised me.

My audi wanted to know if I was still thinking of getting an implant in my right ear . I have a lot of pain on the right side of my head already and not sure I want have an implant for this reason.

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies! :D

Other than a headache from the bandage being on too tight I only had a slight earache a few days and a little pressure in my ear but it went away. I'm glad you decided to go through with it. It will open up a whole new world for you my friend.

It's interesting to hear how each surgeon does things differently. I could wash my hair and get the incision wet on day two. Made sure not to get a lot of water in my ear though. I had real stitches and not the glue so that may be why.

I agree, I think the surgery itself was pretty painless. I definitely thought it would be more painful. If I didn't have that severe allergic reaction it would have been no problem at all. I'm seriously considering getting my other ear implanted.

They told me not to wash my hair and not get water in my ear for a week after surgery. I wore a shower cap and hated not being able to wash my hair it made me feel nasty. The surgeon used staples on me, had 15 of them in the side of my head for about 10 days.

EDIT: I had to keep cotton in my ear a few days after too.

I was able to wash my hair like 3 days after surgery, but had to keep the incision and ear COVERED/dry. was tricky, but I managed. Had to wait until after stitches came out to get the whole area wet/washed properly.

They told me not to wash my hair and not get water in my ear for a week after surgery. I wore a shower cap and hated not being able to wash my hair it made me feel nasty. The surgeon used staples on me, had 15 of them in the side of my head for about 10 days.

EDIT: I had to keep cotton in my ear a few days after too.
Yeah, the neosporin ran when it warmed up and would drip, also got my hair oily and felt really nasty by the second day. My daughter came out and washed my hair and gave my dog a bath as well since I cant bend over without getting woozie still...
But after the hair washing, I felt like I could conquer the world again ( except the attention whore ear of mine) lol

Guess you all are wondering why Im on at 2am....lol
Couldnt sleep, got this noise going on and cant sleep, the implanted ear is dead but it is sure lively with making a ruckus tonight, its amazing what the nerves can do when healing...everything from shocks to racket.... sounds like some sort of machine running and clanking.

Glad it seems to be going well. Which brand did you have implanted?

Guess you all are wondering why Im on at 2am....lol
Couldnt sleep, got this noise going on and cant sleep, the implanted ear is dead but it is sure lively with making a ruckus tonight, its amazing what the nerves can do when healing...everything from shocks to racket.... sounds like some sort of machine running and clanking.

6a00e54ee846608833019b034a84f4970d-pi
Do you mean like this ? That sound awful , I hope it does not last very long.

Back