My future CI plan

Good Luck and I can't wait to hear more. Keep us posted!

(mod's edit: original quote is removed)

It's OUR choice to have them done. We knew and took the risk to have them. I was implanted 3 months ago and must say i am glad to have them after 30 years of profound deafness, It had made my life alot better because it had given me chance to communicate better in the hearing environment. I still have deaf friends who is non implantee, they didn't support me having it done but after 3 months they realised it's helping me and we are back chatting again, it probably goes same for everyone who was/is implanted.
If i were you i would keep your opinions to yourself or create a thread of your own instead of going round the posts saying silly things like "you are off my list" It's pure childish. I don't care if i am not on your "list" as i don't deal with people who is so negative about other people's opinions. Besides You haven't been around long time, why bring it up! This forum was ambiencable until you came along!

This is Pinky's thread...... Bog off troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Medicaid might also pay for the CI as well. She should check her insurances and see what exactly it covers. I don't know about FL, but I know that Texas Medicaid/Medicare covers the surgery and mappings. Same with New York. Other states Medicaid/Medicare probably also has similiar coverage for the surgery and mappings. :)

FYI: Coverage for the needed therapy afterward might be a bit more dicey, so should check that as well.

Yes, that's true OB.

In fact, Medicaid fully covered the cost for both of my CIs.

As for AVT, my CI audi told me (at least here in Wisconsin) that Medicaid will cover that cost as well. After my first CI was activated, I was scheduled to have AVT, but since I was progressing well with my CI, it was no longer necessary.

Instead, I met with an AVT audi who gave me tips and techniques for listening practice.

I am at medicare website now. That what you mean

Medicare has 4 primary components:

Medicare Part A — Hospital
Medicare Part B — Medical Insurance
Medicare Part C — Medicare Advantage

I got other website. It say more than 90 percent.

BionicEar.com - Harmony Cochlear Implant by Advanced Bionics
Medicare Part D — Prescription Drug Benefits

The percentage Medicare pays for may vary from state to state. Here in Wisconsin, Medicare covers 80% towards the total cost of CI surgery and mappings.

Yes, I will. Thank you for Tip and advice. Can I ask you? Why I have to wait for my name on lists? is that why because of customer's evaluation and have a surgery on the schedules? I just wonder.

Yes, the waiting list at CI centers vary from one center to another. Some CI centers are busier than others.

For example, my CI center is one of the largest in the Midwest.

However, they only perform 7 CI surgeries per year. A smaller CI center may implant more people, so if you don't want to be on a waiting list, you might want to look at a different CI center.

Waiting 2-3 months isn't too bad. After I submitted my audiogram and CI application, I had to wait about a month for my evaluation to take place.

It's OUR choice to have them done. We knew and took the risk to have them. I was implanted 3 months ago and must say i am glad to have them after 30 years of profound deafness, It had made my life alot better because it had given me chance to communicate better in the hearing environment. I still have deaf friends who is non implantee, they didn't support me having it done but after 3 months they realised it's helping me and we are back chatting again, it probably goes same for everyone who was/is implanted.
If i were you i would keep your opinions to yourself or create a thread of your own instead of going round the posts saying silly things like "you are off my list" It's pure childish. I don't care if i am not on your "list" as i don't deal with people who is so negative about other people's opinions. Besides You haven't been around long time, why bring it up! This forum was ambiencable until you came along!

This is Pinky's thread...... Bog off troll.

Thank you! I already report to MOD.

I'm sorry I just saw this for the first time. Good luck with your plans, Pinky, and keep us posted on your first CI appointment. Mine is November 20th so if you have any questions about the initial CI appointment I can answer them after that. :)

Warning: Ci is not for Teen-Adult Prelingual Profound Deaf who were born deaf or never wear technically devices (hearing aids) or minimum (less than a few year).

Warning: Ci is not for Teen-Adult Prelingual Profound Deaf who were born deaf or never wear technically devices (hearing aids) or minimum (less than a few year).

Huh? :topic: I don't care about CI warning.

Eh! Born Profound/totally deaf, CI at 30 and doing very well..... so it can happen if people work hard with Rehab.

I did have one aid, didn't do much help than standing next to jumbo jet to get the sounds! Had intensive speech therapy from 2 to 16.

I did have one aid, didn't do much help than standing next to jumbo jet to get the sounds! Had intensive speech therapy from 2 to 16.

But just having an aid for a long time and having therapy makes you a much better canidate for a CI than someone who had neither. I think that is all the PP was trying to say. It's tough to walk that line between being hopeful and having unrealistic expectations.

At the very least, prelingually profoundly Deaf people who never wore hearing aids could still benefit from a CI by being able to hear environmental sounds. They may never be able to understand speech or talk on the phone, but to many prelinguals who have CIs, they are more than satisfied with having the ability to hear environmental sounds.

If a postlingually deaf person has the right to get a CI, so does someone who is prelingually Deaf (provided they have realistic expectations).

JMO.

At the very least, prelingually profoundly Deaf people who never wore hearing aids could still benefit from a CI by being able to hear environmental sounds. They may never be able to understand speech or talk on the phone, but to many prelinguals who have CIs, they are more than satisfied with having the ability to hear environmental sounds.

If a postlingually deaf person has the right to get a CI, so does someone who is prelingually Deaf (provided they have realistic expecations).

I completely agree :D
I was just hoping to clairify what Lavendar was saying.

Hear Again, I read your post in other thread about your experience with CI. Nobody talk negative about your decide to get CI. I did tell to deaf lady about my plan. She talked negative. I changed the subject. I don't feel like to discuss with her about CI. Her husband said, "If you receive CI and will cause blinds" I told him "That's not true! It's BS! CI is good for usher syndrome and blinds to hear." I did rebuttal at him. He gulped.

I am still waiting on ENT to call me for hearing test.

Back