My Compaq Notebook

Josh B

Reaction score
What's i got today? :D

That looks like a nice computer! I hope you enjoy it!

Your laptop's battery life of up to 2 hours and 30 minutes. Too short for me for school and travel.

Mostly netbook is more than 5 hours also my macbook is 6 hours.

Hey everyone... I have a question. Can I remove Norton Internet security 2009 and many HP Bloatware? Because I am afraid of HP software will yell me "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!" :Ohno: :run: :Ohno:

Mod: Can you change Topic to "My Compaq Notebook"? :ty:

Hey everyone... I have a question. Can I remove Norton Internet security 2009 and many HP Bloatware? Because I am afraid of HP software will yell me "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!" :Ohno: :run: :Ohno:

Mod: Can you change Topic to "My Compaq Notebook"? :ty:

Which OS you using now? XP or Vista?

Go to "Add and Remove Program" on menus and select program want to remove it. just ignore the warnings, and you can install AVG for free after you removed the norton.

Better leave the HP files alone, because the HP need to checking on updates from the HP servers.

Btw, I don't do windows and I am running linux :)

You will need to check what is the maximum your laptop will allow for the memory ram upgrades, and the RAM must have the same name and model code so it matches with the 4GB, do you understand what I am talking about here?

You will need to check what is the maximum your laptop will allow for the memory ram upgrades, and the RAM must have the same name and model code so it matches with the 4GB, do you understand what I am talking about here?

I am totally understand what you talkin' about. I talked HP Tech Support via chat mode this morning. He said my notebook can max up to 4GB DDR2 PC2 6400. :D And I need to buy from HP store, looked at price. :eek3: Cost $60 for 2GB DDR2 PC2 6400 each, it about $130 for 4GB with shipping fee. :shock: I can't afford above than $70, I trying to save my money for something else. I want to buy that 4GB RAM less than $60. :)

Back