My coclear implant surgery

Well lets see,yesterday was 3 weeks since surgery,feel back to normal now, the only weird thing is,it seems like I can feel the implant!! I guess all the numbness has wore off and it feels so funny now!! I got outside yesterday and cut my whole yard (3acres) yeah i was tired when done, but was happy to finally be able to be outside in the sun (yep fl girl!) So next teusday is comming slowly getting so darn excited,well already there just add a little more! Counting down the days! Last night i actually kinda slept on that side, i have the old feather pillow from my grandma,so was able to push it around and make a whole for my head,i stayed that way maybe 2 hrs then had to go the other way, but all good though! So i guess generally by 3 weeks after things are pretty much back to normal,yaaaahh!!:dance2::)

Well so i had my surgery the 9th,so this is 2 days later now,im rather sore and have had a bad headache since comming out of surgery,it is getting a little better finally!! The pain meds im on helps a lot with the pain and discomfort,but makes me sleep a lot which i guess i need right now! I do have this really loud ringing in that ear which gets annoying cause i can barely hear anything else,hope this goes away soon.I really havent had the dizziness or nausea that i was told i might have which is great! I will go to my ent here in 2 weeks to see how everything is healing and so on,and then next mth my activation which im so excited for! Just wanted to tell a little of my experience with the surgery and all to maybe help anyone else out there! Guess im gonna lay down,have a bit of a road to recovery to go!

I had awful loud tinnitus after ear surgery to remove CI, so ear work could affect how ear functions, especially increased tinnitus and in my case, it went away in 24 hours.

It was so nice of you to reply this way, but I can assure you I was not upset (except through getting sympathy pangs lol). I have friends with CI's, and I would say roughly a third of them were dissatisfied with it. Heck, I have a friend with Usher's Syndrome and he had no sense of balance at all (in my viewpoint) and he ignored my warnings and got CI's anyway. Needless to say, he has since had them removed (yep, TWO of them). It sounds like you are the ideal candidate for a CI, though, and I look forward to hearing more of your adventures. :)

I'm sure that you read about my experience with surgery to remove CI and it wasn't fun at all. It is extremely painful procedure. I'm disappointed that older CI model (N22) cause headache but not much with newer model like N24, so not worth for me to re-implant with newer model. I don't want to deal with 3rd surgery if it went wrong.

I'm sure that you read about my experience with surgery to remove CI and it wasn't fun at all. It is extremely painful procedure. I'm disappointed that older CI model (N22) cause headache but not much with newer model like N24, so not worth for me to re-implant with newer model. I don't want to deal with 3rd surgery if it went wrong.

Im so sorry that you've had a bad time of it,so you have to have surgery all over again to upgrade from old processors to new? Guess i didnt think about that but yep i would do it over and over just because hearing means everything to me, i have grandkids that i can rarely understand,they repeat and repeat what they are trying to say,well heck so does everybody! Im a very sociable person and love to talk,dont know if you can tell that yet or not!!! I know it will be hard like you say to go through these surgeries over and over, but i would,i really would!! I wish things were different for you though,better:(

Im so sorry that you've had a bad time of it,so you have to have surgery all over again to upgrade from old processors to new? Guess i didnt think about that but yep i would do it over and over just because hearing means everything to me, i have grandkids that i can rarely understand,they repeat and repeat what they are trying to say,well heck so does everybody! Im a very sociable person and love to talk,dont know if you can tell that yet or not!!! I know it will be hard like you say to go through these surgeries over and over, but i would,i really would!! I wish things were different for you though,better:(
He was explanted because the CI he got as a child never helped him and has instead caused issues. He does not plan to get another implant.

Yes, I did. I really feel for you.

He was explanted because the CI he got as a child never helped him and has instead caused issues. He does not plan to get another implant.

Yes, that's right, headache issue is too much for me and I had went thorough the surgery and recovery again - it is miserable and painful for 1st and 2nd week after surgery. I hopefully 3rd week is much better.

CI doesn't work for everyone. It's not for everyone. Surgery has it's risks. Each individual has to weigh the risk / reward. If it were me, and the CI didn't work, I would not continue to have multiple surgeries hoping one would work. I hope everything works well for you. All the best!!

Yes, that's right, headache issue is too much for me and I had went thorough the surgery and recovery again - it is miserable and painful for 1st and 2nd week after surgery. I hopefully 3rd week is much better.
Im a little slow at times so bare with me ok?! So your saying u have had 2 implant surgeries now,and on your 3rd week of recovery right,and have bad headaches now?

CI doesn't work for everyone. It's not for everyone. Surgery has it's risks. Each individual has to weigh the risk / reward. If it were me, and the CI didn't work, I would not continue to have multiple surgeries hoping one would work. I hope everything works well for you. All the best!!
Thank you, your so kind! Yes i am begining to see that the implants do not always work for everyone,im not sure i would go through a lot of surgeries myself either with the outcomes always being the same!

He had an implant when he was a kid and an explant 2-3 weeks ago. He's recovering from the explant.

Im a little slow at times so bare with me ok?! So your saying u have had 2 implant surgeries now,and on your 3rd week of recovery right,and have bad headaches now?

It is already after 1 week recovery or 9th Day, not 2 nor 3 yet.

I only had one implant that took out and no implant in my left ear.

It is already after 1 week recovery or 9th Day, not 2 nor 3 yet.

I only had one implant that took out and no implant in my left ear.
Gosh, once again im sorry it had to be removed,how are you feeling now? I sure hope recovery goes very well for you.

Gosh, once again im sorry it had to be removed,how are you feeling now? I sure hope recovery goes very well for you.

Yes, right now, I have a lot of drainage from bottom of incision, but it is necessary to reduce the swelling and it should be gone in few days to week.

Back