My Cochlear Implant

You jumped the gun?...looks like you were outdrawn then...I've known about CI's for years, even met several people that have them. I've been pushed and prodded for years to have one also. And it's none of ur business to know why I've resisted. Just becuz you "think" you know so much buddy....doesn't man squat around here!....and I suggest you take ur silly-assed "help" somewhere else....and don't ever call me "disabled" again!...I eat silly-assed kids like you for breakfast!

:Ohno:

Why would I have to, especially when I have not given direct url links?
yes you did give direct links. proof's below in your previous post. and plus - you don't have to provide links. you would simply nudge them to a certain direction and you speak badly of this forum.

You need to visit hearingjourney.com or look up Cochlear Corps website for their version of a discussion forum. That is where you will find people like you. CIs and hearing aids have different meaning to Deaf people vs deaf people. A Deaf person may regard their CI as interesting at best and have no problem forgoing wearing it. A deaf person who was once hearing won't leave the house without it, much less their bedroom.

A CI is much more powerful than any hearing aid and can not be compared to one. It is very much a modern day bionic ear that has brought great joy to so many.

Good luck in your journey.

Why wouldn't you want to if they are seeking as much information as possible on the topic? Giving people a variety of sources to explore on their own helps avert propaganda and agendas. I remember one of the first CI groups I frequented was actually a Cochlear Corp slanted group. It would have been nice to know that up front.
have we deprived them of such information? have we denied them an access to such information?

as the matter of fact - we've encouraged them to explore all options and to seek professionals. we support anybody's choice to opt for HA/CI or not. There are dozens of members in here with HA/CI including me and we all get along just fine. People with audist attitude are not welcome.

This so-called "propaganda" and "agendas" you speak of are mostly created by AD members who are not even deaf. they are hearing parents of deaf children and they had audacity to come here and lecture to us. They had an attitude that to do well in life is to hear and talk.

I understand the tendency to be suspicious of newcomers, especially those that won't confrom to the local norms... but really... it's getting a bit out of hand. I'm not here to change anyone, just help those that may want it. I agree, I jumped the gun on rockin'robin, but I did find it odd that someone like her knew so little about CIs, even after all this time.

Did you go to ISD?
conform? where? there's no conformity in here. none of us come from similar background nor share similar views. A lot of us are not associated with a certain "Deaf Power!" group whose mission is to silence any deafies wanting to hear so I don't know where you're getting this.

You are free to share your perspective with us and together - we can come to a mutual understanding about some issues. However.... a certain few ADers here were never interested in reaching a mutual understanding with the deaf community and I hope you are not like one of them.

No, my heritage is not "Deaf." My heritage is Irish. I was born hearing and my brain is wired as a hearing person. Being deaf is a disability and that is perfectly fine. I arrived at this point after trying out a school for the deaf for one year, a visit to Gally, and other interaction with the Deaf world. I realized where I do and don't belong and I'm at peace with that.

Bleeding Purist, are you not postlingally dhh? Yes, there are some postlingal dhh folks who do not identify with Deaf culture....and that's FINE. Matter of fact, in the OLD OLD days(ie when our great grandparents were young) a lot of students at oral schools were postlingal transfers from public schools. Besides, are you not aware that your experiance with Deaf culture and schooling was decades ago? Things have changed. Did you know there are HOH kids attending deaf schools now?

I've heard that some people can pee standing up or write their name in the snow. I'm sure I'm missing out, but I don't care to get implanted with the appropriate "device". And I don't consider myself disabled without one. ;)

You are so disabled and you don't even know it!!! Get a penis and find out how much better your life will be! I guarantee it! :D

You are so disabled and you don't even know it!!! Get a penis and find out how much better your life will be! I guarantee it! :D

I dont want a thing that swings back and forth between my legs. It seems like it would be a disability..cant move your legs freely. :giggle:

I dont want a thing that swings back and forth between my legs. It seems like it would be a disability..cant move your legs freely. :giggle:

Oy, I cannot think of anything .... Clean.... To say. It all gets bad fast...:giggle:

Funny Cheetah! I don't feel disabled...

I've been without a penis my whole life. I know some people think they're wonderful and important... but I think I'll just go without. Still not disabled. ;)

Bleeding Purist, are you not postlingally dhh? Yes, there are some postlingal dhh folks who do not identify with Deaf culture....and that's FINE. Matter of fact, in the OLD OLD days(ie when our great grandparents were young) a lot of students at oral schools were postlingal transfers from public schools. Besides, are you not aware that your experiance with Deaf culture and schooling was decades ago? Things have changed. Did you know there are HOH kids attending deaf schools now?

I don't know how old you think I am, but HOH kids were attending Deaf schools then as well.

No, my heritage is not "Deaf." My heritage is Irish. I was born hearing and my brain is wired as a hearing person. Being deaf is a disability and that is perfectly fine. I arrived at this point after trying out a school for the deaf for one year, a visit to Gally, and other interaction with the Deaf world. I realized where I do and don't belong and I'm at peace with that.

My heritage is Irish too..they're very..loud and agressive :P lol

Do like me, Sing Alvin n Chipmunks song till after the 4th remapping...

I am now heading for my 2nd cochlear implant for my last ear.

Good Luck singing !!!

Back