my cochlear implant horror story

idea-man

Soooo, what is stopping hearing from being fully restored, to normal or better hearing?
I suspect greed, say as in money!
To all, stay safe and have a pleasant day.
Tony, there is an electronic transmitter device that broadcasts sound directly to the hearing center of the brain. It's proven that the deaf can hear with it. It's not known by the medical mainstream. I learned about all kinds of alternative technology more than 10 year ago

HOH Guy

I have had my CI for less than a year (So far, So good). The issue we forget is us! The Human body is probably the most complex machine that ever existed, designed by millions of years of evolution. While a CI only has a few decades of Engineering under it's belt. As much as we understand about our bodies, there is still much we don't!

idea-man

Stephaniep, there's a hearing aide that helps with tinnitus. I think it's called AGX, and it must be adjusted by the audiologist a number of times.

idea-man

The electronic device, that allows the deaf to hear, is called the Neurophone, invented by Patrick Flanagan. It doesn't broadcast, it sends the impulses to the skin, which then go to the hearing centers in the brain.