My brain cannot get used to my hearing aids

I

Ilovetocrochet

It is driving me crazy now. I got new hearing aids, ReSound by the NHS (thank goodness for NHS, honestly)
All I hear constantly is background noise, like static noise that comes from the TV when you lose signal on a channel? That's what I hear all the time. I switch it on to a different setting but it makes no difference. I'm trying so hard to put up with it but I just give up and take them out.
I cannot keep doing this to myself. My hearing is almost to profound levels and I really, really need to sort it out. The problem is I haven't worn hearing aids full time for 20 years. I was diagnosed with hearing loss when I was 10, and I never wore hearing aids because I was embarrassed ( was bullied at school )
My speech is affected, and my brain cannot keep up. What is this static noise? I can't cope!!

It is driving me crazy now. I got new hearing aids, ReSound by the NHS (thank goodness for NHS, honestly)
All I hear constantly is background noise, like static noise that comes from the TV when you lose signal on a channel? That's what I hear all the time. I switch it on to a different setting but it makes no difference. I'm trying so hard to put up with it but I just give up and take them out.
I cannot keep doing this to myself. My hearing is almost to profound levels and I really, really need to sort it out. The problem is I haven't worn hearing aids full time for 20 years. I was diagnosed with hearing loss when I was 10, and I never wore hearing aids because I was embarrassed ( was bullied at school )
My speech is affected, and my brain cannot keep up. What is this static noise? I can't cope!!
You need to go back to the audiologist and let them know what you're hearing. They can make changes to try to fix it.

Make sure your t-coil is off. I get that a lot when I accidentally turn it on. But if that doesn't help go back. It shouldn't be doing that.

I think I need to go back as I've turned t coil off. I done everything I can and I can't cope with it any more. I will ring them Monday. I feel guilty because I haven't been wearing them much due to this because I live far from the audiology clinic. I know they'll be able to check and will see I'm not wearing them often enough but I will make time to go there now. Just an example this is what I get when I have my hearing aids in, constantly :

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you're using an analog hearing aid which doesn't support filtering background noises, I believe the latest hearing aid brands like Oticon or Widex might be suitable for you. before you make decision please consult your nearest audiologist and check what they offer which suits for you.

See your audiologist to get them.adjusted. unfortunately , some brands seem.to merely increase all volume levels when only those sounds needing to be heard are wanted. Hope it isn't A brand issue, but those particular aids could be written g for you.

Back