My Activation

Yes, we talked about it and he put the coil on for me...he thinks it funny with the magnet...
So what did I have to do? YEP !!!!!
I went in the kitchen to get his milk and acted like my head stuck to the fridge... OMG, he though that was funny, then I was talking to him and said lets write it down so we dont forget, then I acted like I used my head to hold the note to the fridge.... Im a doofus, but we have fun.

LOL!!!!! you people made me laugh

Second mapping today, sounding more normal now. Also set for Bi-Laterals on Feb 18th or sooner....

I wanted to clarify something. Did you say you got the N6 processor?

If so, are you able to enjoy music at all, without it sounding like buzzing and hissing noises?

I only ask, because my daughter plays piano, but won't touch it since she lost her hearnig. The hearing aid just isn't good enough. My big hope, is that if she gets approved for an N6 CI, then she can at least enjoy the piano again someday.

I wanted to clarify something. Did you say you got the N6 processor?

If so, are you able to enjoy music at all, without it sounding like buzzing and hissing noises?

I only ask, because my daughter plays piano, but won't touch it since she lost her hearnig. The hearing aid just isn't good enough. My big hope, is that if she gets approved for an N6 CI, then she can at least enjoy the piano again someday.
Yes I got the new N6, things sound higher pitched but thats just the learning aspect of it as with digital HA's.
I havent played a piano yet since my wife took hers with her, but I have played my guitar, it sounds ok but Im still mapping and its better than at first. I can listen to the radio inmy truck and its not the greatest but then again the sound system isnt the best either. ( laptop speakers sound like shit ) so I will hook up my digital MP3 speaker systen to the laptop soon and see how they sound. but in all sounds are very crisps with the ci andIm still trying to figure out what some sounds are that Im hearing as I dont have anyone here to tell me what it is... my son helps some when he is here. I hear some buzzes, cracklin and turned out to be the fans in the laptop...lol

You can hear the mini fans in your laptop? That's really impressive, because those are usually very quiet. And don't be disappointed, laptop speakers sound bad, period.

I'm surprised you're doing so well, so quickly. It's only been what? A few weeks? Wow!!! I have so many questions, but don't want to inundate you with them... lol.

I know this is only speculative, but do you feel your ability to comprehend pitch and tone is progressing to a point where the sounds of a piano, guitar, or other forms of music will eventually become "enjoyable", and not simply just recognizable?

You can hear the mini fans in your laptop? That's really impressive, because those are usually very quiet. And don't be disappointed, laptop speakers sound bad, period.

I'm surprised you're doing so well, so quickly. It's only been what? A few weeks? Wow!!! I have so many questions, but don't want to inundate you with them... lol.

I know this is only speculative, but do you feel your ability to comprehend pitch and tone is progressing to a point where the sounds of a piano, guitar, or other forms of music will eventually become "enjoyable", and not simply just recognizable?
Since my second mapping last friday the guitar sounds more natural, just I can hear the pick pretty loud on the strings, but finger picking is fine, pretty crisp sound, not 100% yet but I will give it a 90% compared to what I used to hear...so much better. Taking into consideration not everyone has the same results, doctors and audis say I am well advanced since activation ( my 3rd mapping is this friday)
I hear sounds Ive never heard before so some things that sound odd to me are actually natural just I couldnt hear them before... my laptop, im ready to throw it, the fans are noisy as can be...lol whhhiiirrrrrrrr lol
The car radio sounds so-so, like a transistor radio, but its getting better than it was before as the mappings tweek things, I dont know how natural it will end up for me or if it even will??? but instruments are sounding ok for me.

Ok, I might as well ask some more. Why the heck not? It seems very few people have reviewed the Nucleus 6 on the web (since it's new), so you're my guinea pig for info. lol

Did you get a crate full of accessories? like the TV streamer? Or the mini clip-on microphone? Have these items even been cleared by the FDA yet? If so, how well do they really work?

You can hear the mini fans in your laptop? That's really impressive, because those are usually very quiet.

lol - I've always thought that laptop fans are wayy too noisy, especialy when I'm running something what makes the computer work hard :)

Ok, I might as well ask some more. Why the heck not? It seems very few people have reviewed the Nucleus 6 on the web (since it's new), so you're my guinea pig for info. lol

Did you get a crate full of accessories? like the TV streamer? Or the mini clip-on microphone? Have these items even been cleared by the FDA yet? If so, how well do they really work?
I got a nice briefcase with 2 processors ( one for backup ) 2with rechargable batteries, charger and dryer. Some items that are included are back ordered still so Im waiting on them yet (just got more rechargables delivered yesterday. It has 2 remotes, small and large ( I like the larger one as it controlls everything in the processor including both processors if bi-laterals) here is a link to the order forms what you get...
Also since I am going bi-lateral, I got all the expensive stuff like extra rechargable batteries and what-nots, when I have the next surgery in Feb, i will order all the wireless stuff ( I did get the tv streamer this go around ) The wireless items wont start shipping out til Feb 15th I think it is..

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/con...&CACHEID=cb06cb69-aae2-47e7-a461-432db9792233

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/con.../nucleus-6/accessories-/nucleus-6-accessories

I got a nice briefcase with 2 processors ( one for backup ) 2with rechargable batteries, charger and dryer. Some items that are included are back ordered still so Im waiting on them yet (just got more rechargables delivered yesterday. It has 2 remotes, small and large ( I like the larger one as it controlls everything in the processor including both processors if bi-laterals) here is a link to the order forms what you get...
Also since I am going bi-lateral, I got all the expensive stuff like extra rechargable batteries and what-nots, when I have the next surgery in Feb, i will order all the wireless stuff ( I did get the tv streamer this go around ) The wireless items wont start shipping out til Feb 15th I think it is..

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/con...&CACHEID=cb06cb69-aae2-47e7-a461-432db9792233

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/con.../nucleus-6/accessories-/nucleus-6-accessories

You'll be setting off the detectors in the airports . :giggle: That happen to me with my HA , I had to take it off and go through the detector a second time
at an airport and court house .

with my medical card, they pull me aside and check things out and push on through, so not a big deal.

with my medical card, they pull me aside and check things out and push on through, so not a big deal.

I was being silly , I know it would be no big deal . It was not a big deal with me either. I think is cool that you are hearing so many new sounds .

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread vicariously, until you get that TV streamer. I'm really interested to see how well it works.

Thought Id throw in my package, and thats not even all of it as some items are back ordered. I will end up with 6 rechargables, 2 disposables and TV Streamer which arent pictured... When I get the next implant, I will order all the wireless stuff.

Attachments

• 10926789_798033703603955_839332381908785665_o.jpg
    10926789_798033703603955_839332381908785665_o.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 10547964_798033693603956_2873100216504596863_o.jpg
    10547964_798033693603956_2873100216504596863_o.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 10514408_798033700270622_4162976295554059006_o.jpg
    10514408_798033700270622_4162976295554059006_o.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 10915135_798033706937288_2000319636283469545_o.jpg
    10915135_798033706937288_2000319636283469545_o.jpg