MVP = Mobile Video Phone

[Mod's Edit - Previous Quote removed]

I already lost respect you along time ago... due think I work for Sorenson or whatever.

Again, I just simple and plain... to tell what I see beside on HOVRS.. It is nothing wrong to talk negative and it can improve HOVRS business too.

I have tries use their service for several months and wasn't happy with that service...

1. Quality video (HOVRS news say that they had improve video issue due testing)

2. 10 digits not worth to MVP part due; if there is an 911 call and that will gone to home address? If you at Starbuck and you dial 911; it will directly to home address.. If HOVRS has second project once HOVRS received the 911 call.

3. Their Purple SignMail or Purple Mail, not sure which right word; I have see myself and it blurry... It run on Flash which it is good instead force us to use Media player same idea of Sorenson

4. I do support Proxy due VRS's server that doesn't want public but again, the HOVRS's purple number I use and I got missed call and it lead to no where with proxy that doesn't return to Purple VRS. I look on my account; it doesn't tell me what time. :/

5. Background; even I complaint that background sore my eyes until i711 merge into Purple. They should use that background because it keep simple.

6. What I like about the HOVRS is HOVRS Sign 2.5; that it... but Viable webcam did well.

7. No toll free number; but like 10 digits but my family in distance from other states
-----------------------------

So... that is the facts feedback I can tell and why I mention it... I try make HOVRS bad? No.. it people who works for HOVRS that make look role bad...

The people who work for VRS and want to impress the Deaf Customer user that they should have answer, train, well manner, and then look right instead close up face to their video device; maybe MVP. I dunno...

I do not know if interpreter is okay with HOVRS's tech tool to handle the calls. Since Interpreter who used to work with various VRS; overall result say..... HOVRS did well but not the handle calls as not like Sorenson. The Sorenson strict on the minutes to prevent the abuser.

If you want met me, im me and happy to talk about it... however... if HOVRS improve those feedback I just giving the list.. I will steer to HOVRS due big positive is... deaf to deaf can leave message.

Only thing I disagree and that make sense for Sorenson too...

HOVRS on big threat even Snapvrs relate with leave the message.. How??

Since the FCC passed; I wonder will that going change or the same about that "message".

Suppose; I use vrs number and want leave message but turn out that I MVP and leave message on my MVP. What HOVRS's profit of VRS Minutes to keep thing run?

I am not try negative because, DirectVP issue does impact Deaf Community due hearing people out there who work for business doesn't felt comfortable with that toll number. Or it is hint that person is Deaf who looks for job. 10 digits are the best answer than the toll number...

Funny thing... I do not understand why some people total disagree with 10 digits number, again I do not understand... Probably they need more resource educational about the service?

This is going be my last post comment HOVRS moment because it facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Z from csdvrs?

You all are talking about vpad MVP, but how about Z 340 from csdvrs?
I want to buy it since I heard it is clear screen.

I heard too... I have heard t-150 for business from CSDVRS also accept three way call. Amazing feature but its not public yet. Blah!

I called CSDVRS tech support about Z 340 last week. They said that they still test Z 340 on the table. Each person are line up on waiting list. It will release soon. It sound next month. I will see what happen.

Zerodog,

Are you sure about those crappy.. do you know what the different between 800/toll number and the 10 digits?

According to sorenson, they providing the ugliest number, for an example, im trying to get 10 digits for my vp200 and yet they gave me a list of bunch of "866" WHICH i doesnt want 800 number so therefore i keep my proxy number because 800 number is embarrassing me as hearing ppl might think that im trying to attempt prank'd em by give "commercial/business's phone number" to them to call.

Zerodog,

According to sorenson, they providing the ugliest number, for an example, im trying to get 10 digits for my vp200 and yet they gave me a list of bunch of "866" WHICH i doesnt want 800 number so therefore i keep my proxy number because 800 number is embarrassing me as hearing ppl might think that im trying to attempt prank'd em by give "commercial/business's phone number" to them to call.

Yup! :lol:

You must have got it mixed up. When you request for a 10-digit number, it is not a 866#. You will get a number with your local area code AND you get to keep the DirectVP (866 Toll free) number too. In other words, you will have two numbers, you can chose how to pass it out to deaf/hearing people. Both numbers will connect to you from both deaf and hearing people.

last week I had the privledge to play with MVP at my own home.

It was nice but realized holding and signing it same time have made my arm tired.

MVP memorizes all wired connection but only allow one wifi location. Thats a huge ouch unless they upgrade and allow add more wifi location.

I still do not have one yet but a friend brought it over my home.

When would MVP come out? I am on purple member already. I know mvp will come out in 2009 but which months?

I don't like hovrs' relay, cuz it's kinda blurry and little bit slow. I like sorenson's better for relay.

MVP memorizes all wired connection but only allow one wifi location. Thats a huge ouch unless they upgrade and allow add more wifi location.

What do you meant by that? If you were speak of MVP cannot connect another WiFi if it added one wifi location on the list, no that is not true... It does allow MVP connect to any WiFi location(s) and also can add wifi location(s) on list as well. I have MVP =)

When would MVP come out? I am on purple member already. I know mvp will come out in 2009 but which months?

I don't like hovrs' relay, cuz it's kinda blurry and little bit slow. I like sorenson's better for relay.

it must be your internet speed that affected the speed of the HOVRS

Back