Music

geoff

Reaction score
I have had a profound hearing loss most of my life. I've been searching for a deaf community lately. In my search and web surfing I've seen alot of hard of hearing people love music. Music has always been my best friend. I know alot about rock history. I love everything from Ray Charles to Rob Zombie. If you are a music lover share some of your favorite songs/artists/albums. What artist did u grow up with? What albums influenced you? What songs got you through the bad times?

One of the first CD's I ever had was the Blue album from Weezer. It had just come out and my sister had it and I kept borrowing it and she eventually let me have it. I also went through my teen angst period listening to "Enema of the State" from Blink 182 (I have probably listened to "Adam's Song" more than just about anyone). I also really love the band Stars, album "Set Yourself on Fire" and I absolutely LOVE Bob Dylan's song "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" that song always makes me want to cry every emotion, it's so beautifully written

Weezer has always been a band I like. Hash Pipe was always catchy with me. I remember when the Buddy Holly video first came out and how they used the Forrest Gump technology to make it look like a Happy Days episode. I'll have to check out the band Stars. If you like Sad Eyed by Dylan check out "Helpless" by CSNY on their deja vu album. Neil Young does the vocals and it hits a nerve with me every time. Not the same as Dylan but the same effect.

I am a folkie.... LOVE LOVE LOVE folk music.... I should have been born in the 60's....love Pete Seegar, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Judy Collins etc...I also love Ani and the Indigo Girls.
I attend an AMAZING folk fest over the border in NY state, that is like Woodstock, with interpreters!
Check out Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHsdl74mvM
I love Broadway and was a fan of Idina even before everyone else!!!! I like quirky off beat music rather then mainstream stuff.

I'm a fan of Peter Paul and Mary also. I know it was Peter Yarrow with them not Seeger. By the way R.I.P Peter Seegar. One of my favorite songs by them was Right Field. It reminded me of how I was when I played little league. Do you know that one? The whole song he's saying they put him in right field because he wasn't the fastest or the strongest or best hitter. So he's in right field watching the dandelions grow. Then he makes a lucky catch saves the game and is proud because that's why he's in right field. You say you like quirky offbeat stuff. Ever listened to Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention?

Back