Music being signed.

Do you like Music to be signed on Youtube?

• Yes- But only if it is in ASL form.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Yes- I like ALL music in Sign Language even if it is wrong.

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No-I do not like it

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No- Because people call it ASL when it is SEE or something else.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
Okay I know we have a thread open about Music being signed in ASL but I wanted to know just out right how everyone feels because I need to show it to a friend of mine for a debate we have been having.. Thank you! :ty:

Vote no. I am not at all interested in vocal music whether signed or not signed.

I like all music in sign language.

And deafbajagal why does it look stupid to you in English?

I like it only in ASL...in SEE, I fall asleep or lose interest quickly.

Wow how rude :ugh: what if there were small children signing in SEE, and having people fell asleep on them must would have hurt their feeling. *smh*

I like music to be signed in ASL because SEE is just too awkward to watch and I zone out too intensely. SEE is like TV and ASL is like a computer.

Wow how rude :ugh: what if there were small children signing in SEE, and having people fell asleep on them must would have hurt their feeling. *smh*

That's your issue not mine.

Children r different. They will make errors. This is a thread about songs being signed and I answered honestly. It is the truth. Nothing personal.

ASL is much more poetic to look at if the genre is music. Otherwise, it's pointless because I cannot hear the music to get a true feel of the words.

I supposed I'm the only deaf person who does not care which form of sign language is used in songs rather in Pidgin, Sign Exact English, or ASL. They're all beautiful language. ;)

Growing up hearing, I recognize many songs if signed in PSE and can sometimes follow along in my head (but never aloud). :Oops:

I definitely prefer songs signed in ASL.

I don't have any preference.

It doesn't really matter for me anyways since I don't care much for the lyrics, just the music.

I like it in ASL mostly of time, maybe a little english signing on depend what it says.

practice, practice make it perfect.. cant blame anybody has lose the interests in any kinds of signing for the first time. it would be interesting how much they have learnt so far. :shrug:

I really don't like 99% of the songs you see signed on YouTube. Most of the time it's really bad signers, and people leave comments saying how wonderful they are. There's some good ones on there - DPAN, Keith Wann, B. Storm, and some others - but most of the time it's just some ASL 2 student who learned a song for class and puts it on YouTube and the whole internet says "OH MY GOD GREAT JOB!!" I wish more people made videos with the production quality of the ones I already mentioned. Okay, Keith Wann doesn't do great production quality, but I loved Honky Tonk Badonkadonk. :)

I feel as though ASL is so much more of visual emotional experience where PSE/SEE is more english words (IMO) ...so yes I prefer songs in ASL. Although on youtube anyone can upload videos, some people have no training and really don't know sign well enough to be translating the songs...they think its beautiful and don't realize they are butchering it.

Back