Multi-Fuel Boiler and hot water for Pros and Cons

webexplorer

Reaction score
What do you think of these heating system if you plan to have one for your own home? Which one is better?

Oil and wood heating systems for a house heating:

(1) Alternate Heating Systems Coal, Wood and biomass Multi-Fuel Boiler
(2) wood furnace company, wood furnaces, efficient wood burning furnace

Hot water systems for shower and faucet:

(1) Stiebel Eltron | Tempra® & Tempra® Plus Whole House Tankless Electric Water Heaters
(2) Voltex® Hybrid Electric Heat Pump - Water Heaters Residential by A. O. Smith

Last edited:
I am really surprised that you guys aren't helping me. I need your feedback about the devices. Will you help me? If not, then I would be real disappointed. We are supposed to help each other especially deaf people who own a house.

I know it is warm weather now. It would be expensive for anyone to buy a heating device in the late fall. It might be a little cheaper by now this spring and summer. Please wake up... and now you are adult. Nothing is cheap.

My deaf friends were rich before they got married and children. Now, they are little poor, but that not really poor yet. Please be realize. If not, then you will definitely be surprised yourself later. You are not alone...

I am really surprised that you guys aren't helping me. I need your feedback about the devices. Will you help me? If not, then I would be real disappointed. We are supposed to help each other especially deaf people who own a house.

I know it is warm weather now. It would be expensive for anyone to buy a heating device in the late fall. It might be a little cheaper by now this spring and summer. Please wake up... and now you are adult. Nothing is cheap.

My deaf friends were rich before they got married and children. Now, they are little poor, but that not really poor yet. Please be realize. If not, then you will definitely be surprised yourself later. You are not alone...

I will be facing the same type of thing soon. We are in the process of starting the conversion of our 1360 sq foot 3 bat garage into a 4 bedroom house.

This is the first time I saw your thread.

Choices depend on the climate and geography of the location, availability of resources, cost, and living habits of the residents.

Since I own house, I wish I can afford that outdoor furnace! I would love to have that one to heat everything just out of logs. I have seen one and set up one and it was neat system.

I live in Massachusetts. My town does not allow anyone to have an outdoor furnace even I have a few acres.

One thing is new about an indoor furnace, it burns oil and woods (probably separate time) that might sounds good. It is a sort of backup or save us a little more money on oil.

I bet that some companies do not tell us the truth how effective it is. Some companies sell a multi-indoor furnace - like this - oil on the bottom and the woods are on the top shelf. Some other companies reverse it - i.e. oil on the top shelf and woods at the bottom. These designs confuse some of us.

Another issue about a hot water for faucets & showers:

I am thinking that a hot water tankless (i.e. Stiebel Eltron) contains a microwave to boil hot water instant when the water is running. Wouldn't you use the hot water from microwave? Isn't that somewhat creepy to put some radioactive on your hands?

For a conventional hot water tank (a regular tank) holds the hot water that last for one or two hours. It's a little opposition for the hybrid electric water tank - it starts up the heat which takes one hour. That is very different between a hybrid electric water tank and a hot water tankless. That is what I have trouble understanding these technology.

For KristinaB - I understand your situation for additional heat for that room. This is what you have to find how much your furnace produces the heat to get the right temperature in that room. Otherwise, you could end up buying another furnace. I am not so sure about that. You wouldn't want to overkill your furnace in the middle of winter. I would say that a contract oil employee, who cleans your furnace once a year, still don't care anything. I learned that from a man who cleaned mine. He is nice man, and he will be retired next year.

This is the first time I saw your thread.

Choices depend on the climate and geography of the location, availability of resources, cost, and living habits of the residents.

Very fortunately, you live in South Carolina because of a better geothermal effective heating system in the winter. In Massachusetts, it is much colder and we have to turn the heat up a little higher than a standard temperature. However, I haven't thought about how good my house insulations are. I have all brand new krypton-gas windows. Actually, argon-gas is still very good.

The Efficient Windows Collaborative: Window Technologies

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Ive never seen a outdoor furnance before not even here in Iowa. I dont see any outside.

Your thinking? I had to say this, nope! and your funny!

First of all, no, there isn't any microwave there. It heats by super heated element, that heats water instantly though thin chambers. This includes gas model too.

Second of all, I hate to say this, microwave is everywhere. Don't you know Cell phones uses microwaves, Pagers also uses microwave. Scary? Oh well, what can we do?

I am thinking that a hot water tankless (i.e. Stiebel Eltron) contains a microwave to boil hot water instant when the water is running. Wouldn't you use the hot water from microwave? Isn't that somewhat creepy to put some radioactive on your hands?

Microwave energy does not make anything it heats radioactive.

first time I saw this thread. In My Humble Opinion, I think that the mutli-feul furances really sucks. The reason is the efficiency factor. You need a larger unit to accomodate the multistage feuls, need to heat the same thing, and when not using oil, will the oil be able to withstand the constant heat from wood when not in use for over 20 years? I dont think so.

As for indoor wood furance, they have them, and you need to check with the local zoning for that since outdoor isnt allowed. Do you have access to over 20 cords of firewood every year for the wood stove? Don't try to buy ready to use firewood- its EXPENSIVE no matter how you look at it. Its cheaper to buy diesel/oil to burn in oil furnace plus no maintaince issues with chainsaws, wood splitters, tractor, truck/trailer, etc...
don't ask me how I know...

Ask yourself, what is your current options for heating in your home?

As for tankless, I have done a fair amount of research on it myself. I find both pro and cons of having one. I was in the market to replace my hot water tank to tankless but I ended up spending the emoney on a 95% efficent tank watere heater on natural lgas. WORTH IT!!!

Ask yourself, what is your current options for heating in your home?

As for tankless, I have done a fair amount of research on it myself. I find both pro and cons of having one. I was in the market to replace my hot water tank to tankless but I ended up spending the emoney on a 95% efficent tank watere heater on natural lgas. WORTH IT!!!

That is interesting about your tankless efficient tank. Hmm. What brand do you have?

Last edited:
Back