Much more captioned content on Netflix?

DarrenD

Reaction score
Using the links supplied in this forum to the lists of captioned content on Netflix, it appears that there has been an explosion of captioned TV shows. Has anyone verified that the lists are accurate? Will I be happier now if I subscribed to streaming Netflix than I would have been just a couple of months ago? Can I get excited and hopeful now? :popcorn:

I would really like to see more British TV shows...or European shows with English subs, but that's just me. I like the BBC stuff, but cannot find streams with subs anywhere.

Yes, they have started captioning more and more stuff now. Whether or not it's worth it YET is up to you...look at those lists and ask yourself if it's stuff you want to watch!

I use phlixie.com and it seems to be quite accurate. For any title, you can view it on the netflix website and see if it says there are subtitles. It'll be at the bottom of the left column, under "Streaming Details".

I have tried using phlixie.com and finding movies that are captioned but with the link to NetFlix I could not see where does it indicates that the streaming version has captions. Currently using Hulu for TV shows with captions.

From what I've seen you have to be a member of Netflix to see anything of value on their website. I may go ahead and try their free trial membership.

They seem to have a number of shows I wouldn't mind seeing...like Mission Impossible TV series, and a couple of others I can't think of offhand; but one that I fear will never be available anywhere is the original Dark Shadows. SciFi had it closed captioned, but this was back in the days before DVR and VHS recording was a hassle. Thanks for the replies, y'all.

Oh hey check it out...they DO have most of M:I captioned! Sweet!

I'm not happy with subtitle so far. Why, it seem that subtitle being appear too early to too late after people's lip move. It got me abit confuse to know who talk.

Back