Moved to Minneapolis area

DeafBadger

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just checking in to tell you that I moved to the Minneapolis area. It would be great to meet some All Deaf Forum people. Just a reminder, though, I don't know sign language. I am speech-read only at this point. So if that's okay with you, send me a private message on here and we can get a coffee someplace when it fits both our schedules.

Thanks! :ty:

Congratulations!!! Deaf community is pretty big out in Minnesota. I have never been there, but I have heard from others that there are good sized deaf population out there.

Enjoy!!!

That's great, I hope to meet a lot of people here. :)

Welcome to Minnesota! It will get some time to adjust to new area. I live out in suburbs.

I live in St. Louis Park at the moment. Thanks for the welcome! :)

Welcome to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I agree with dereksbicycle that there is a large Deaf community in Minneapolis and so is St. Paul. I had lived in Minneapolis since I was 8 years old until I left Minnesota going to New Mexico (1970).

Also the Deaf community are celebrating 100 years Thompson Hall which I used to go there for Deaf club. I kept in touch once in a while with Thompson Hall. It is old building and I believe it might have been remodeled some, I think. So I hope you enjoy being settled and getting to know your way around there. :wave:

Welcome to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I agree with dereksbicycle that there is a large Deaf community in Minneapolis and so is St. Paul. I had lived in Minneapolis since I was 8 years old until I left Minnesota going to New Mexico (1970).

Also the Deaf community are celebrating 100 years Thompson Hall which I used to go there for Deaf club. I kept in touch once in a while with Thompson Hall. It is old building and I believe it might have been remodeled some, I think. So I hope you enjoy being settled and getting to know your way around there. :wave:

Thank you, Bebonang. :) I'll try to find Thompson Hall. I'm enjoying St. Louis Park so far, it's a nice town, doesn't feel like big city, even though it's right next to Minneapolis.

I met a friend for coffee in Uptown Minneapolis, nice area.

Back