Motorcycle licensing

lucas

Reaction score
hey all, I've been working alot lately and have managed to save about 6 thousand dollars for a bike. Ive been doing some reading and it seems to get your m1 and m2 is easy enough. Written test and a riding test within a parking lot. But for the M license I am a tad bit confused. I'm reading that they follow you around in a car and tell you instructions via radio which is inside your helmet? Im from ontario canada so bear in mind tests may be run differently where you are. So i was just wondering if there are any M licensed riders on here from ontario canada or anywhere for that matter who could perhaps clarify things? Im slightly concerned about this simply because hearing radio transmissions is definitely not a strength of mine and could make passing the m test tricky

I have a friend from Toronto who got M license but he's not a member of AD. I'll email him about this and will let you know once he replies back.

You might want to entertain another way to do this if it is available where you are: Take a motorcycle class from a company that is registered and approved by your licensing agency. When you pass all the tests, which are more stringent than that of your province's agency, all you will have to do is present the certificate and pay the license fee......the plus side of going this route is you actually learn something about the laws and about how to operate a motorcycle safely and perhaps even qualify for lower insurance premium rates.....

This is what my wife and I did and hopefully your province will have something similar.

and tousi i will have to look into that, thanks for your response :D

he replied back -

I have that concern too. At Humber rider school has two options, an interpreter will be there for you OR during test they follow you and do what they instructed u to do, once the instruction is done. You the instructors the Pull over again and he tell you the next 5 instructions. Repeat the tasks and go along.

Something like that. I was at motorcycle expo and to trainer about that for deaf or hard of hearing

My experience may be outdated for you, I got my first M license hmmm....29 years ago I think, so the changes is very likely. Sorry, couldn't be much of help but wish wish you lots of luck to get in the wind. ;)

I stopped riding motorcycle 2 or 3 years ago due to injury. Don't know if I will ever ride again :( I still have M license.

mail me your license and ill tape my face over yours! Sorry to hear about your injuries though. And thanks jiro for the swift response. ill have to ask around at the schools to see what can be done

Lol

mail me your license and ill tape my face over yours! Sorry to hear about your injuries though. And thanks jiro for the swift response. Ill have to ask around at the schools to see what can be done

Back