Motorcycle Helmet

When I was 19, I was riding on Highway 75 and you know how you lean forward a little and my jeans had opening near my butt ... hard to explain. Anyways, a wasp found its way into my jeans and sstung my butt about 3 times, then worked its way down my leg stinging me.

I was like "Holy Mother of God have Mercy" weaving back and forth through traffic trying to shake my leg to get it out. I finally pulled over under an overpass and took my jeans off because wasp was still stuck in my leg.

I was running around in circles cussing up a storm.

I can only imagine what people were thinking as they passed me in traffic seeing a crazy skinny half naked guy running around in circles :giggle:

I was screaming like "hoo hooo it hurts ##$$$#@@#$$#####"

When I was 19, I was riding on Highway 75 and you know how you lean forward a little and my jeans had opening near my butt ... hard to explain. Anyways, a wasp found its way into my jeans and sstung my butt about 3 times, then worked its way down my leg stinging me.

I was like "Holy Mother of God have Mercy" weaving back and forth through traffic trying to shake my leg to get it out. I finally pulled over under an overpass and took my jeans off because wasp was still stuck in my leg.

I was running around in circles cussing up a storm.

I can only imagine what people were thinking as they passed me in traffic seeing a crazy skinny half naked guy running around in circles :giggle:

I was screaming like "hoo hooo it hurts ##$$$#@@#$$#####"

:rofl: Betcha you didn't have your balls stung :rofl:

I remmy I rode my moped down the street, (since that I have a sharp eyesight) I can see a dot coming toward me in a little dizzy way. In few seconds later, It was a bee flying toward me and it "crashed" between my fingers (between knuckle part which I was holding throttle side). It stungs me!! YYEEOOOWWWccchh!! I shook my hand to get bee off my hand and I was nursing my stung hand and :pissed:. I turned around and rode back home only 50 ft from me. I had to put baking soda/ water paste on my hand to suck out venom then bandaid it.

Catty

I didn't say to ask a dealer and buy it from them.

You can always ask a dealer for more detailed information like if there's a specific name for them or recommended models. That way, you know what to look for elsewhere or online.

I've done that with various products in the past. I'll have a hard time figuring out what the actual name for something is. So, I go to a store that's known for selling similar products and ask them what it's called. When they tell me, then I can go to other stores and say, "I'm looking for this... do you have (insert product name)?" Now, I can compare prices. I could even look it up online now that I know what it's called. :)

Review online. Easy for me to find. Google is your friend.

Catty - your right - bees hurt and another great reason to wear a full face helmet.

I had 1/4 helmet (skullcap helmet) and a bee stung me right above the eye.

My eye was swollen shut for about two days.

Aren't you gonna hear all static noise using HA while riding motorcycle?

Aren't you gonna hear all static noise using HA while riding motorcycle?

I'm going to assume that it may be same experience as wearing hockey helmet. I wore full-face hockey helmet with volume reduced to stop the feedback. it helps because i'm able to hear the referee whistle and communication with my teammates/coach. so might be same for motorcycle helmet - I will need to be able to hear sirens and horns.

I'd rather to wear a German helmet. ha

this one?
german-helmet.jpg

thanks guys! Good idea about cutting some cushions around ear area. I want to wear HA while wearing helmet because I will be mostly riding it on local road so yea - I need to be aware of my surrounding auditory. I don't want to ride it on highway in here.... way too many careless drivers with huge SUVS - yapping away on cell phones. I prefer wearing full-face helmet for safety reason. I guess I'll try Wal-Mart although it's about 30 min away.

helmetback.jpg

LOL! this pics never dies!... the pics been floating around the motorcycle forum for years!....:laugh2:

well I'm not sure why would u want to wear HA if u're wearing helmet?.. u wont be hearing anything xcept hearing the whistiling noise made from HA?..
I used to have sumoy helmet and it does have a space on my ear that's big enought for dumbo ears.. so u might want to try'em out.. but the price is heafty...

right now I'm using shoei and it's very comforable. I take CI off put it in my pocket before I ride.. there's no telling what will happen if I ever crash with CI under the helmet.. I bet it'll hurt!!! (knock on wood)

Just sayin'
I was thinking the same thing.

It's hard to hear in the helmet. If it was me, I would just put it in the compartment while I drive. :)

Hearing-Aid-Friendly Motorcycle Helmet

I am hard-of-hearing and I really do not like to be without my hearing aid. I do not like taking off my hearing aid when I am riding, because I want to hear my surrounding.

So... I needed to find a helmet that was friendly to my ears. The kind of helmet that works best for me are the modular helmet, where it looks like a full-face helmet with the facemask opens up. When the helmet is in an open position, I would stretch the bottom of the helmet just enough to get my ears (with my HA) through the neck part of the helmet. Close the facemask and you are done.

Occassionally, I would need to keep the volume down slightly to cut feedback, but usually not a problem. Click on the following link to see what I am talking about.

Helmets:Modular

Sincerely.

J3

I have found that half-faced with visor works better with HA at regular volume but...... I prefer full-face

How will/does a BTE HA work in a full face or modular helmet?
If can hurt just wearing sun glasses with thick arms.

I prefer not wearing my hearing aid when I have my helmet on. All the wind noise prevents me from hearing the surroundings for the most part anyways. I've got a full face Icon Domain helmet. As bad as this sounds... Most of the time Ive got headphones in with music playing. Either way, with or with out hearing aids, with or with out headphones.. I can't hear around me due to wind noise. But I flat out refuse to go anywhere without my helmet.

I bought TMS flip up helmet (size large) from Ebay and cost me $50 buck. It's DOT approved helmet tho. I wears them when I ride my motorcycle. It felt comfortable and I don't have my CI on tho. It didn't have much drag when I went 70mph because of its aerodynamic shape The small problem with my helmet is that my upper ear tip touches the upper cushion (it kinda bent my upper ear almost like dopey) and visor fogs up when it's completely shut. I just open visor "one click" up to allow air flow to dissipate fog. It have vents on shin guard and top front of helmet but it doesn't help much to prevent fogging except cooling my head during ride. . I didn't want to spend so much on Shoei Helmet that I like for my first motorcycle. Once I'm comfortable with motorcycle, I probably would buy more expensive one.

here's the link where I bought it.

FLIP UP MODULAR MOTORCYCLE HELMET BLACK CARBON FIBER ~L: eBay Motors (item 120585421731 end time Oct-16-10 13:33:41 PDT)

It's a carbon fiber pattern design on helmet. I like the design and it looks nice. The flip up locking mechanism is okay. It is a bit hard to get it locked unless you shut it a bit hard. More expensive helmet are easier to locks when shut. I've tried out Shoei, Bell and one of other helmet at Cycle Gear store so I know what size I would wear.

Funny thing was that while at store trying out helmets, I put on one of helmet unbeknown it was size "S". I put it on and it felt tight. I tried to pull it off my head and it was kinda stuck :eek2: and I felt a bit claustrophobia. I decide to flip up front and pulled back out, finally I got it out :lol: I checked the tag for size and it was indeed Small.

Catty

Back