Most Outrageous names for babies

So, the butchery that is my name is... well, death. :P Maybe not AS bad... but still... My siblings and I befell the Romanian death names that are incredibly unusual and holy crap like... Not really lipread-able in the slightest. :doh: I'd take some of those names over what I was given... :ugh: Not the Adolf one though... OoOoOoOoooh no.... :shock:

Do you like your name? If not, have you thought about having it changed or give yourself a nickname?

I went to school with a Charlie Brown, an oriental kid named Mi Dang, Kermitt Frog, and a few others I cant remember, but these were their real actual names.

One of my relatives was named Rose and she married a man named Vine, which I thought was interesting. Many of my ancestors were named Comfort (the family really got stuck on that one), and several (early American era) ancestors had names typical of that era such as Patience, Love, Grace, and Temperance.

I know lots of people with biblical names but the most unusual one I knew was named Melchizedek. We called him Mel. He's in his late 20's.

When I would interpret in schools, it would drive me crazy trying to spell some of the students' names. I'm a very good speller but some of their names were, shall we say, kre8tive? :giggle:

I went to school with a girl named Autumn Pond, which was kinda weird but then she married one of classmates whose last name was Frost, so it became Autumn Frost which I this was kinda cool, not crazy though.

I hate when client have weird names I'm not sure how to pronounce. Then I have the added problem of even if I ask then how to pronounce it u can't hear them anyway so I just try to get away without using it. "Hi I'm Amber, I'll be your therapist today"

I had a client named Ewa, so glad I never try to use it and say it like it's written because it turns out the w us pronounced like a v, so it's Eva not ewwwwwa.

I used to get embarrassed at mispronouncing strange names. Nowadays I'm not shy about upfront asking how it's pronounced. That's kind of a new thing for me.

I went to school with a girl named Autumn Pond, which was kinda weird but then she married one of classmates whose last name was Frost, so it became Autumn Frost which I this was kinda cool, not crazy though.

I hate when client have weird names I'm not sure how to pronounce. Then I have the added problem of even if I ask then how to pronounce it u can't hear them anyway so I just try to get away without using it. "Hi I'm Amber, I'll be your therapist today"

I had a client named Ewa, so glad I never try to use it and say it like it's written because it turns out the w us pronounced like a v, so it's Eva not ewwwwwa.
interesting.

I once knew a guy name Uwe. If I remember his name was really pronounced U-VE... not something close to "ewie" lol. He was Canadian.

When I was a health aide I had a lot of clients with name that where hard to
pronounce , so I never really called them by their last name. And I was given my clients name over the phone . My boss got tried of having to spell people names for me so she made to go to the office to get them. I was bugged about this b/c I told them I had trouble hearing over the phone before they hired me.

A friend of mine had an odd name, it was spelled Wortow....you would never guess how its pronounced...try

Vortah... isnt that odd.

I think I'm going to change my name to Mr. Dover ... first name will be Ben ...

Yeah that's why I like the name it's one of my favorites but people tell me it's weird all the time

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

:roll: at those peeps

:giggle: Some of the Asian names in English speaking countries is kinda funny.

I rather have a lesser known name than a common name. They always called me with my first name and the first letter of my last name because there were few girls in my class with the same name. Doesnt help when I hate my last name and have to be reminded by it with my first name.

I like some of the unique names brought up in this thread just some, but thats me. Jobs are going to judge you by the first name as its the first image of a person they see on paper.

:roll: at those peeps

:giggle: Some of the Asian names in English speaking countries is kinda funny.

I rather have a lesser known name than a common name. They always called me with my first name and the first letter of my last name because there were few girls in my class with the same name. Doesnt help when I hate my last name and have to be reminded by it with my first name.

I like some of the unique names brought up in this thread just some, but thats me. Jobs are going to judge you by the first name as its the first image of a person they see on paper.

I read a child first name can affect their personality . I gave my daughter a name that everyone loves . I do not like my first name.

R&B singer Ciara named her newborn child "Future". Future is the stage name on the child's father and he is a rapper. Future's real name is NAYVADIUS. So given the choice between "Future" or "Nayvadius Jr".... that poor child.

The ones with outrageous first names aren't the only ones with problems. Those of us that use our middle name have a fight on our hands from getting teachers to use it (even when marked as the choice on forms) to filling out forms the rest of our life that are set up for first name and middle initial.

In my case I was told it was a compromise by my folks. My dad wanted to name me for my mother and she said that would be too many with the same name. What they came up with was first name from my mother and another name not connected to anyone for middle name. They then used my middle name for what to go by from day to day.

I am seeing use of the middle name more it seems. When will those designing forms wake up?

A way around the silly forms is to abbreviate the first name and use the middle name like this-
full name would be oh... William Joseph Blah
On the form fill in W. Joseph Blah.

A little trickier when they INSIST on your full name (like NC DMV) and won't allow initials.

Used to have that problem and one of my cousins too.

A way around the silly forms is to abbreviate the first name and use the middle name like this-
full name would be oh... William Joseph Blah
On the form fill in W. Joseph Blah.

A little trickier when they INSIST on your full name (like NC DMV) and won't allow initials.

Used to have that problem and one of my cousins too.

I knew a guy and his first name was initials and he had it on his driving license .

If that is what is on his birth certificate then the DMV would have no choice but to accept it that way.

knew girl with surname Stool mother called her melinia... in greek or latin means black shiny shit

If that is what is on his birth certificate then the DMV would have no choice but to accept it that way.

I was thinking about this earlier....I have used my nickname on my license forever. Not my first or middle name. Curious how that was allowed.

Back